Author Topic: Peak #10 Knowles Peak  (Read 458 times)

Offline woodsrunner

• Friction Fire Fellowship
  • Water Stone
Peak #10 Knowles Peak
« on: April 06, 2019, 06:46:11 AM »
Knowles Peak...for this one i was accompanied by my good friends Grey Jay and
the Dude....I had just returned from five days backpacking in the Wind River Range Wy, so i thought i'd do a peak that was not to difficult for my halfway mark in the challenge...sorry it's a bit shaky...
had trouble stabilizing this one...thanks for lookin!...woods
'At play in the fields of the Lord'
Save a Logger...Eat a Tree Hugger!

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
Re: Peak #10 Knowles Peak
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2019, 08:21:16 AM »
Well Woods that might be an easy one for you but it looked pretty steep going up the talus.  As you said though it worked out good for the Dude.  I took my Lab up in country like that and took all the skin of her paws.  That was years ago, more than twenty five, and I still feel bad about it.

Seeing Grey Jay using those walking sticks makes me think they might be worthwhile for some trekking.  What do you think of them?

Thanks for posting this series here, it is really a good look at your part of Montana.    :cheers:
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns  something he can learn in no other way. 
(Mark Twain)

Offline woodsrunner

• Friction Fire Fellowship
  • Water Stone
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2019, 09:52:50 PM »
As per usual Stan...i appreciate your watching and commenting on this! :)

I'm guilty :( did the same thing to my boys Zipper and Freddy several years back and like you it haunts my memory!
so i'm extry careful with the Dude ;)

Trekking poles are great...especially on the downhill.....i always figured they was for panzy fruits...LOL....i was wrong :P
If you've never used them, give em a go...they really help.
Thanks again amigo :cheers:...woods
'At play in the fields of the Lord'
Save a Logger...Eat a Tree Hugger!

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2019, 11:05:20 AM »
I have the same thought about them too Woods.  Yuppie sticks, but if you like them they gotta be good.  I may try a pair and see how they do.  I have some alpine ski poles that are about right and will probably start with those.

Thanks.   :thumbsup:
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns  something he can learn in no other way. 
(Mark Twain)