Author Topic: Instagram  (Read 257 times)

Offline WoodsWoman

• Diamond Stone
  • Minnesota
Instagram
« on: April 13, 2019, 04:15:55 AM »
Now that I have a phone to browse the net, I was wondering if you folks go on other channels or places?  I just found instagram a few months ago.... and swear I know some from this forum?  And you tube channels?  Share with me?

Like tonight I found #canteencookingtuesday ......busy following those all night. Lol.

WW
On particularly rough days when I'm sure I can't possibly endure, I like to remind myself that my track record for getting through bad days so far is 100% and that's pretty good.

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
Re: Instagram
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2019, 08:23:11 AM »
I visit a few on a regular basis:

24hour campfire.com An outdoor site that has a lot of information about a lot of outdoor subjects

bladeforums.com

animated knots.com  My 2nd favorite knot site, the other is ASEMERY's knot tutorials

friendsofhelittlebighorn.com An interesting site about the Little Big Horn fight.

thewall-usa-com  The Vietnam Memorial

youtube  I like woods videos.  He is under MTwoodsrunner.  98 videos today.  His latest is a review of a HMG back pack.

Mike McCarter (sarge) on our forum makes some wonderful knives and has a facebook page called House Mountain Knives.  I check it once in awhile to see what he is making and he has quite a few articles on his work if you just do a search for him or House Mountain.

I also just type a subject in a search engine.  I have a tarp that is rectangular and am looking at sites by searching for pitching a tarp.  Some good stuff out there.

I typed some of this with the bold key on and cannot figure out how to make it regular type again.  Sorry
« Last Edit: April 13, 2019, 11:23:10 AM by wsdstan »
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns  something he can learn in no other way. 
(Mark Twain)

Offline WoodsWoman

• Diamond Stone
  • Minnesota
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2019, 04:08:46 PM »
Thank you, Stan.  I'll be browsing those links!  I type in woodcarving to get my mojo going on carving.  WW
On particularly rough days when I'm sure I can't possibly endure, I like to remind myself that my track record for getting through bad days so far is 100% and that's pretty good.

Offline arson51

• Mill File+
    • Me and Mine's outdoors blog.
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2019, 11:00:23 PM »
Follow me at @real_don_nguyen

Also check out my blog www.wedoitoutside.c om

Offline Sarge

• Supporting Member
  • Water Stone
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2019, 07:49:21 AM »
Thanks, Stan!  :thumbsup:

house_mountain_blad es on Instagram, too.
"The man with the knapsack is never lost." Horace Kephart (1862-1931)

Offline xj35s

• Water Stone
  • If I go missing, carladerby at gmail for info.
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2019, 05:19:34 PM »
I thought instagram was for sharing nudes.  What am I thinking of where the picture you post gets delete after like 45 seconds? I've been into podcasts while driving.
pessimist complain about the wind. optimist expect the wind to change. realist adjusts the sails.