Author Topic: Something to ponder  (Read 221 times)

Offline Old Philosopher

• Belt Grinder
  • "I have an opinion about that...."
Something to ponder
« on: May 25, 2019, 08:15:49 AM »
I?m offering this video in General Discussions because I believe the rules for this sub-forum permit it, and also because even Guests can read it.
Like Mr. Doughty says, this is something that should be taught to every human at the earliest age, regardless of race or creed.
No need to comment, or flame on this thread.  But if his message resonates with you, it may prompt a personal journey.  Sad to say, it took me many decades to figure most of this out.

Don't bother walking a mile in my shoes. That would be boring. Try spending 30 seconds in my head. That will freak you right out!!

Offline madmax

• Diamond Stone
  • The Phoenix
Re: Something to ponder
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2019, 10:07:33 AM »
um.  Ok.  I stopped it twice but was determined to get through the whole vid.  And I did.

So 1000 people meditating peace and love reduced the world crime rate by 70% huh.  That's the World crime rate...

He keeps mentioning how movies have power over us.  Then he mentions a movie as an example for lifting the veil.  Numerous times.

He sounds like an evangelist at times.  Buying into that is a slippery slope.  It can be the best thing that ever happened to you.  Or you can find yourself in a cult.

He says stop listening to the news and politics.  If you run around ignorant you will be eaten by the wolves.

You know he not saying anything that hasn't been said already for a long long time.  A few modern words.  Relate it to the modern times.  And you pull in the moon-eyed lost souls that can't operate in our "matrix" or "frequency".  As well as those that really want the world to be different than it is.  Who doesn't?

I'm not completely discounting what he's saying.  But it seems he doesn't believe in him being ADHD.  I assume that means he doesn't need meds.  Slippery slope.  What about depression?  What about suicidal depression?  Bipolar?   People can go years without symptoms until...  And the big psychiatric illness,  schitzophrenia?  They firmly believe their reality is real.  I Have known several.  On meds they are pretty calm and focused.  Off meds they are what people think when you say insane.  You would have a hard time convincing me that those (and many more) mental illnesses can be safely meditated away.

BTW.  I meditate. 

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving pretty with a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways in a cloud of smoke, thouroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, Wow! What a ride!" 
Hunter S, Thompson

Offline imnukensc

• Water Stone
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2019, 10:18:50 AM »
What's the frequency, Kenneth?
The universe is made up of protons, neutrons, electrons, and morons.

Offline xj35s

• Water Stone
  • If I go missing, carladerby at gmail for info.
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2019, 03:31:20 PM »
What's the frequency, Kenneth?

This made me laugh. Yes!
pessimist complain about the wind. optimist expect the wind to change. realist adjusts the sails.

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2019, 04:28:35 PM »
I have a version of meditation too.  I call it worrying, frustrating, planning, random thinking, designing, enjoying, or plotting depending on the situation.  I tried OMMMM a few times but don't get much out of it.

This guy has some mental issues I think.  He says some things as though they are in facts when they are just opinions.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns  something he can learn in no other way. 
(Mark Twain)