Author Topic: Peak #13 9'748  (Read 603 times)

Offline woodsrunner

• Friction Fire Fellowship
  • Water Stone
Peak #13 9'748
« on: June 01, 2019, 09:37:05 PM »
Peak # 13 in my 20 peak challenge...many mountains here abouts are simply designated a number indicating elevation...i have been putting off doing this one for two decades simply because of the lack of info, long steep terrain and no trail to the top...That and i'm basically a lazy guy! :shrug:,thanks for looking...woods

'At play in the fields of the Lord'
Save a Logger...Eat a Tree Hugger!

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
Re: Peak #13 9'748
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2019, 08:59:56 AM »
What did you say?  You're lazy?  Gee whiz, I am a sloth compared to you.  This climb looked tough, as tough as that one about three climbs ago and then some.  The rock circle is interesting.  Any guess as to its makers.  Recent or old?  Looked recent in the video.  Over near my place there are many stone circles in the Bear Lodge, mostly on private land, that the timber cruisers find.  They usually have some interior "spokes" and one fellow I used to talk with thought they were smaller medicine wheels.  Anyway, interesting to find that out there.

It must be tough to keep going back down and getting the video camera for the next going away shot, especially in that steep country.  Thanks for posting these Dave, I enjoy watching them. 
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns  something he can learn in no other way. 
(Mark Twain)

Offline woodsrunner

• Water Stone
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2019, 02:07:52 PM »
Thanks Stan :thumbsup:
I did not think these were very old...going by the short growth of spruce saplings coming up through the rocks on the one end i would guess not more than fifteen or twenty years...mighty slow growing under these conditions.
somebody went through some trouble getting this thing built...Sasquatch mebbe or a landing site for a UFO...or Both!!!

Offline crashdive123

• Vendor
  • Water Stone
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2019, 01:27:53 PM »
Another cool hike, and I'd say you were anything but lazy.

Offline Dabberty

• Whetstone +
    • My outdoor & DIY blog
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2019, 04:26:20 AM »
Well done Sir!
My outdoor & DIY blog:  www.dabberty.com

Offline woodsrunner

• Water Stone
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2019, 06:22:53 AM »
Thanks crash! :thumbsup:....but you should here me complain when its time to mow the lawn or trim the hedges...thats when the lazy man really shines through! :deadhorse:

Offline woodsrunner

• Water Stone
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2019, 06:24:17 AM »
Well done Sir!
Thanks for watching my good friend :cheers:...woods

Offline crashdive123

• Vendor
  • Water Stone
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2019, 04:28:00 AM »
Thanks crash! :thumbsup:....but you should here me complain when its time to mow the lawn or trim the hedges...thats when the lazy man really shines through! :deadhorse:

That's not lazy............... .....that's normal. :shrug: :crazy:

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2019, 08:12:57 AM »
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns  something he can learn in no other way. 
(Mark Twain)

Offline wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
  • "You want a toe? I can get you a toe." -Sobchak
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2019, 12:10:51 PM »
I can see why nobody accompanied you for the climb to the top of this particular peak.....it's gotta tell you something when your own dog abandons you! :lol:   

Once again, thanks Dave for going to the effort to record these videos....I know it takes up extra time to set up those 'going onward & upward' shots, but they do illustrate just what you are up against under these more difficult 'trail' conditions.  I would agree that laziness is not your problem.......obses siveness definitely, but NOT laziness! :rofl:
The only chance you got at a education is listenin' to me talk!
Augustus McCrae.....Texas Ranger      Lonesome Dove, TX

Offline woodsrunner

• Water Stone
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2019, 07:30:55 AM »
I can see why nobody accompanied you for the climb to the top of this particular peak.....it's gotta tell you something when your own dog abandons you! :lol:   

Once again, thanks Dave for going to the effort to record these videos....I know it takes up extra time to set up those 'going onward & upward' shots, but they do illustrate just what you are up against under these more difficult 'trail' conditions. I would agree that laziness is not your problem.......obses siveness definitely, but NOT laziness! :rofl:
...OK....Now your beginning to sound more like my wife :rolleyes: :lol: