Author Topic: It?s hot  (Read 110 times)

Offline Mannlicher

• Water Stone
  • A Florida Cracker, and an original Kracaneuner
It?s hot
« on: June 04, 2019, 12:55:08 PM »
Temp right now in the back yard is 103? F.  Humidity is 24%.  No rain to speak of in over 6 weeks.   

Offline madmax

• Diamond Stone
  • The Phoenix
Re: It?s hot
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2019, 01:36:43 PM »
Yeah.  We're leaving Florida for a few months.  All of you staying ought to be nice and tender after cooking on low for a while.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving pretty with a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways in a cloud of smoke, thouroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, Wow! What a ride!" 
Hunter S, Thompson

Offline imnukensc

• Water Stone
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2019, 03:09:55 PM »
We did the same here last week.  Either tied or set temp records for several days in a row and no rain here for weeks.  The grass is crunchy.
The universe is made up of protons, neutrons, electrons, and morons.

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2019, 05:13:24 PM »
We are 80F at present.  Got to 100F in reflective areas yesterday (read that the west side of the house on the deck).  The rain has quit for now but 4" plus was enough for this area.  The ground is still wet just under the surface.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns  something he can learn in no other way. 
(Mark Twain)

Offline wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
  • "You want a toe? I can get you a toe." -Sobchak
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2019, 05:40:45 PM »
92*F here today on the bank's digital thermometer.....tha t's pretty danged hot for this time of the year, but far from unusual.  Good day for picking up my bike that's been in the shop for new tires!

I had a rear tire pick up a nail & go flat on the Vulcan last Friday.  Naturally, I was 40 miles from home and it was the rear tire.  I called my buddy, whom I had just met on the road coming home from work, to see if he could rescue me with his pickup & motorcycle trailer.  ''No problem,'' he said....so, about 2 hours later we dropped the bike off at my dealer's shop for a replacement of both the front & rear tires.  The wear-bars were beginning to show on the front tire and I knew it needed changed in another 500 miles anyway, so rather than lose valuable riding-time with another visit to the shop for a rear tire, I had both of them replaced....rides like a new one, now! :thumbsup:
The only chance you got at a education is listenin' to me talk!
Augustus McCrae.....Texas Ranger      Lonesome Dove, TX

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2019, 08:24:22 PM »
You're lucky you got friends.   It also reason no. 1 to use cast wheels that can take tubeless tires that you can fix on the spot. 

I am in the same boat with the same wheels on my Vulcan and the dreaded rear flat keeps me hoping I never meet one.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns  something he can learn in no other way. 
(Mark Twain)

Offline woodsrunner

• Friction Fire Fellowship
  • Water Stone
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2019, 04:52:04 PM »
103 degrees.....Yikes!....81 f here today...seems...we are skipping spring this year...went from chance of snow :fire2:... into chance of heatstroke nearly overnite  :shrug:...but 103 ? with humidity?...double yikes! :crazy:
'At play in the fields of the Lord'
Save a Logger...Eat a Tree Hugger!