Author Topic: 8 days hiking and fishing in Trillemarka, Norway  (Read 1083 times)

Offline Dabberty

• Whetstone +
    • My outdoor & DIY blog
8 days hiking and fishing in Trillemarka, Norway
« on: June 22, 2019, 03:40:38 AM »
Last week of May we did a 8 day hike with Tim, a friend from The Netherlands, with whom I go hike regularly.
Everyday we hiked a few km bushwacking style since in that area the paths where down to a minimum, mostly overgrown and not visible.
Further lots of fishing. We caught only a few trouts, and at the end of the trip a local guy said the fishing season is a bit late due to the long hard winter. They expect better catches 2 weeks later.
For sleeping, we used mainly our DIY hammock setup, just my UQ was bought. All worked perfectly fine :-)
We didn't use our bugnets, it was still too cold for them as it seemed.
For the last day it was predicted to be raining all day in the area where we hiked (prediction was correct), so we decided to go with the rented car to another area closer to the airport to reduce the next morning drive to a minimum, and be in a dry area.
The plan was also to buy some big steaks and proper food for the last evening.
That however didn't happen, since it was a bank holiday, so all shops where closed. We where able to buy some bread, cheese and bacon at a gas station, and at a local village market, some ginger beers and moose sausages.
So all in all, still a good comfortable last evening :-)

If your interested in visualizations of what I just wrote, and have 22m the time, clickerdeclick !

My outdoor & DIY blog:  www.dabberty.com

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
Re: 8 days hiking and fishing in Trillemarka, Norway
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2019, 09:30:35 AM »
Norway has some beautiful areas from what you posted here.  The opening view of the water running over the rock is beautiful.

I enjoyed seeing the way you pitch the hammocks and the tarps.  The fork came out well and, of course, the nice Aass beer looked good. 

Too bad the fishing was slow  but the area sure looked good.   

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns  something he can learn in no other way. 
(Mark Twain)

Offline woodsrunner

• Friction Fire Fellowship
  • Water Stone
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2019, 11:01:28 AM »
Another home run my friend! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Like Stan says...nice Aass! :lol:
Norway is so beautiful...if only i had been born rich instead of pretty i might visit there sometime ???
My kind of hiking right there Dabberty  :hail:...say hey to Tim  :cheers: ...atb...woods
'At play in the fields of the Lord'
Save a Logger...Eat a Tree Hugger!

Offline wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
  • "You want a toe? I can get you a toe." -Sobchak
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2019, 04:24:19 PM »
Norway, the home of half my ancestors.....beaut iful country for sure!  When viewing the video, I thought "a canoe would be the way to traverse this country"......UNTIL I saw the portages! :-\

Like Woods, I doubt I'll ever get there, but it's a treat to go along vicariously with you guys! :thumbsup:

Thanks for sharing your trip with all of us! :hail:
The only chance you got at a education is listenin' to me talk!
Augustus McCrae.....Texas Ranger      Lonesome Dove, TX

Offline Tcastacy

• Mousepad and Sandpaper
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2019, 04:33:14 AM »
All the problems I've encountered May end by seeking knowledge from this post.