Author Topic: 4 Peaks 2 Days  (Read 848 times)

Offline woodsrunner

• Friction Fire Fellowship
  • Water Stone
4 Peaks 2 Days
« on: June 28, 2019, 06:02:23 AM »
GreyJay, the Dude and myself head into the Bridger Mountain Range outside of Bozeman MT to do some camping and Peak Bagging...attemptin g to summit four peaks as part of my 20 peak challenge...thanks for lookin...woods

'At play in the fields of the Lord'
Save a Logger...Eat a Tree Hugger!

Offline wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
  • "You want a toe? I can get you a toe." -Sobchak
Re: 4 Peaks 2 Days
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2019, 12:31:38 PM »
Coupla questions, Dave......At the tree line, what species of tree or trees end up being "king(s) of the mountain?"   With all the smoke from the forest fires in the area, do you find it affecting your lungs in that inherently thinner atmosphere?

I always figured that naked 'woods nymphs' were just an added bonus to my forays into the outback. :drool:  What spurs that behavior in female explorers would make an interesting study, but it would probably take grant money to do it.  Heather has lots of experience writing grant requests.....do you want me to ask her to take on the project? :shrug: :lol:
The only chance you got at a education is listenin' to me talk!
Augustus McCrae.....Texas Ranger      Lonesome Dove, TX

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2019, 06:33:28 PM »
I watched this one this morning but then had to rake hay for 7 hours.  Whew!  At least everything worked, the rake only plugged up twice, and this just might be a better yield than last years.

Another good video Woods.  I really liked the camp part as well.  I laughed when you said when you are 75 you won't be doing this.  Yes you will,  it is in your blood.  Looks like your friend gets along pretty well for a 75 year old.  The pup did great too.

Thanks for posting this whole whole series.  3 to go I guess.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns  something he can learn in no other way. 
(Mark Twain)

Offline Spyder1958

• Water Stone
  • Kracaneuner Tribe
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2019, 01:00:32 PM »
Nice hike Woods, thanks for taking us flatlanders along. I could stay in shape if I could hang out with you an the Dude. Thanks again.
You are free to choose but you are not free from the consequences of your choice.
Zig Ziglar