Author Topic: Update  (Read 256 times)

Offline PetrifiedWood

• Friction Fire Fellowship
  • Administrator
  • Belt Grinder
Update
« on: August 29, 2019, 04:49:48 PM »
I just wanted to give a bit of an update. I banned a spambot a few minutes ago. I am running out of work in my industry (exploration side of oil and gas) and might have to seek work in real estate title. I think my skills and experience will carry over well, IF they don't require a college degree. If I get the job it will involve relocating to Idaho and all of the red tape involved in moving (new driver's license, new address, new bank accounts, new mortgage) and all kinds of stressful stuff I haven't anticipated yet.

I apologize if I have been late to respond to messages but life has me pretty busy right now.

Offline madmax

• Diamond Stone
  • The Phoenix
Re: Update
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2019, 06:30:43 AM »
Looks like you're juggling a lot right now.  I got an unused real estate license with just a course.  Basically if you can pass the test you're good.  But that was years ago in FL.
At least it's not a femur through the pelvis.

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2019, 11:13:23 AM »
PW thanks for getting rid of the bot.

Good luck with whatever avenue your future takes you down.  Idaho is a pretty good place to live. 
« Last Edit: August 30, 2019, 06:59:31 PM by wsdstan »
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns  something he can learn in no other way. 
(Mark Twain)

Offline hayshaker

• Whetstone +
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2019, 03:35:45 PM »
wish you the best in this long journey of yours.

Offline PetrifiedWood

• Friction Fire Fellowship
  • Administrator
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2019, 10:00:21 PM »
Thanks for the well wishes. One of my old contacts might have work for me this week, and one of my wife's will have a couple of weeks of work for her. We can possibly survive on piecemeal stuff for a while. The industry usually rebounds in early spring but that's a long way off. We still haven't heard back from the title company after a phone interview. I came away from the interview with a mixed impression. The hiring managers were hard to get a read on but the call didn't feel awkward or uncomfortable.

Offline Phaedrus

• Whetstone +
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2019, 11:25:48 PM »
I wish you well, PetrifiedWood!  IMO a move to Idaho would be idea, depending on where.  I moved from Post Falls to Bozeman and while this place is okay I miss the Panhandle every single day.

Offline Mannlicher

• Water Stone
  • A Florida Cracker, and an original Kracaneuner
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2019, 07:14:33 AM »
well golly PW,  I hope and pray all goes well with your impending relocation.  Just remember you have a lot of friends here.............