Author Topic: First vacation day...wolves.  (Read 523 times)

Offline xj35s

• Water Stone
  • If I go missing, carladerby at gmail for info.
First vacation day...wolves.
« on: October 15, 2019, 07:57:18 AM »
We went to a wolf sanctuary we didn't know was in NY. Small village of Smyrna. It wasn't too exciting. I was hoping for more Native american showing. Just dream cathchers and little trinkets.
The Coyotes were much more active and we watched the Artic Foxes for a long time. They had an excellent jungle jim habitat. This Old wolf is 13. He was stnding in his water trough trying to cool off even though it was only 60*F.
Fox.

There were 3 teepees that the volunteers stay in. One is for rent at $500 Saturday night only. up to 4 people so $125 each. They let anyone in during the day. It was cool seeing the size of the fire pits inside and to think there was an open flame in there with no harm. Very cool.

There were some K9's there, encon police control. Very good presentation. Very focused German Shepherds. A very good Magician catered to the children but some tricks I couldn't figure out at all. It was very fun watching him. Great BBQ setup and a hamburger and hot dog booth. All proceeds went 100% to the wolf sanctuary. Non profit all volunteer.

pessimist complain about the wind. optimist expect the wind to change. realist adjusts the sails.

Offline woodsorrel

• Whetstone +
    • NatureOutside
Re: First vacation day...wolves.
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2019, 09:21:25 AM »
That sounds like a fun day out!

- Woodsorrel
The best backpacks are named for national parks or mountain ranges. Steer clear of those named for landfills.
Bushcraft tips and tricks:  www.NatureOutside.c om

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
Re: First vacation day...wolves.
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2019, 05:54:11 PM »
Interesting.  Did you sleep in that Tipi?  I kind of feel sorry for critters that get put in those places but it might be better than what waits for them in the real world.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns  something he can learn in no other way. 
(Mark Twain)