Author Topic: second Vacation day...Trains.  (Read 752 times)

Offline xj35s

• Water Stone
  • If I go missing, carladerby at gmail for info.
second Vacation day...Trains.
« on: October 15, 2019, 08:12:03 AM »
We went to Milford Ny train depot for a 2 hour scenic ride. There was a good group of 75 to 100 people. The tracks were a little rough and leaned heavy to one side a few times. Great views of the back country hills and farm lands. We even passed what looked like a moonshiners shack and a very old barn that had something valuable in it. There were new tin and window coverings on what looked like a delapitated building.
The engine and 1920's car.

All of the windows worked properly and had shades that pulled down. The bench seat backs would slide so the seat would face forward or rearward. It created a booth for 4. There were steam pipes under the seats and a radiator along the wall between each seating area. It had lights and ceiling fans down the center of the roof.  Very nice car!!!

Just inside the satation house there was this large scale train. They had a small railroad track out back that the eagle scouts restored. I'm sorry I can't access all of our photos. here is what I have.

pessimist complain about the wind. optimist expect the wind to change. realist adjusts the sails.

Offline xj35s

• Water Stone
  • If I go missing, carladerby at gmail for info.
Re: second Vacation day...Trains.
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2019, 08:58:37 AM »
Here are some more pictures I got off my wifes camera.

This is the car with our side seats all facing forward. The second photo show one seat back slide to booth mode.

This old closed bridge had a house behind it. No idea if this was the only way in or if there was a road on the other side. The house looked to be in very good shape and lived in.

We got to cross two tressel bridges over a creek.

pessimist complain about the wind. optimist expect the wind to change. realist adjusts the sails.

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2019, 05:57:56 PM »
Pretty in that countryside up there.  The car looks like it is great shape.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns  something he can learn in no other way. 
(Mark Twain)

Offline madmax

• Belt Grinder
  • The Phoenix
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2019, 11:37:02 AM »
Sounds like a great trip.  Thanks!
At least it's not a femur through the pelvis.