Author Topic: RE: Unknown  (Read 999 times)

Offline Moe M.

• Diamond Stone
RE: Unknown
« on: October 28, 2019, 11:51:18 AM »
 First off, Thanks PW for taking action to keep the quality of this forum protected from Bots and Trolls.

In defense of Unknown,  IMHO he is certainly not the worst poster we've experienced here in the past,  I know that I've been one of those members who has given him cause to have to defend himself, but again, in his defense, in my opinion he really wasn't a problem, if anything he was a challenge to try to understand, and yes at times fun to debate with.
 Though he could be trying to deal with at times to me he is one of those people who I couldn't get angry with (at least not for long), I don't think he meant any harm when his posts went off the tracks, I don't know if he suffers from addiction issues or possibly some illness that causes him to be confused at times,  what ever his personal issues I think he's a guy who is trying to fit into a world that is perhaps going a little faster than he is able to keep up with.
 I'm sure that we all have had someone in our lives who were a real PITA without trying, but you couldn't really get mad at them, you just needed to muster up a bit more patients with them that you would with otherwise normal people. 
 I for one wouldn't mind extending him a bit more understanding and give him another chance to continue as a member of this forum,  he may not be able to change his bouts of confusion, but we can maybe try harder to ignore them. 

Just one member's opinion. 
In youth we learn,   with age we understand.

Offline imnukensc

• Water Stone
Re: RE: Unknown
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2019, 11:55:18 AM »
Can't say that I share your opinion, Moe.
The universe is made up of protons, neutrons, electrons, and morons.

Offline Moe M.

• Diamond Stone
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2019, 12:02:45 PM »
Can't say that I share your opinion, Moe.

LOL,  yah, but I'm older and maybe a bit wiser (grinning),  seriously, friends can agree to disagree, this old world would be a lot more boring if we all agreed with each other about everything,  but there probably would be a lot less BS going on on the nightly news networks.

Online madmax

• Diamond Stone
  • The Phoenix
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2019, 12:13:39 PM »
I haven't really kept up because I blocked him a while back.  Unless someone quoted him I didn't see it.
At least it's not a femur through the pelvis.

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2019, 09:48:26 AM »
He sent me a PM after a comment I made about putting him on ignore.  It was bizarre and I really wondered if he wasn't having some serious mental issues.  I don't share Moe's opinion of him either and while he isn't the worst poster ever he is the most incoherent. 
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns  something he can learn in no other way. 
(Mark Twain)

Online madmax

• Diamond Stone
  • The Phoenix
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2019, 10:39:34 AM »
     Moe's a pretty forgiving guy.  I'm intolerant of toxic people because of MY emotional limits.  It's taken me 60 years to recognize when and how to end an acquaintance. 

We have some truly eccentric personalities in the FL Kracaneuner Tribe.  Last weekend some of us went to GA to camp with the GA Fat Woodsmen. Together we are the Fat Crackers.  They have some really weird members too.  I seem to fit in without much trouble so I can't be too terribly hard to get along with.

I guess everybody has limits.
At least it's not a femur through the pelvis.

Offline crashdive123

• Vendor
  • Water Stone
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2019, 10:53:24 AM »
In the past (albeit distant past) he had some coherent, logical postings that actually contributed to the group.  Not sure what changed, but all I have seen from him for quite some time is trolling behavior looking for an argument.

Offline Moe M.

• Diamond Stone
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2019, 07:02:08 PM »
He sent me a PM after a comment I made about putting him on ignore.  It was bizarre and I really wondered if he wasn't having some serious mental issues.  I don't share Moe's opinion of him either and while he isn't the worst poster ever he is the most incoherent.

I can't disagree with you about his being incoherent at times, and more so in the last year or so,  I also received a PM from him over one of my posts regarding his gibberish,  I guess I'm mellowing in that I have more empathy for people who suffer from mental or emotional issues as long as they don't act belligerent or suggest violence.
For the record my empathy, patients, and forgiveness extends just so far, I'll try to be kind to those who have such problems from a distance,  but I'm not inviting any to my place for dinner.   
My only point with my OP was that I don't think he recognizes just how non sensical some of his posts can be, nor do I believe that he intentionally sets out to create arguments,  I really think his mind is sometimes as confused as his writings. 

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2019, 09:56:36 PM »
The Fat Crackers.   :lol: :lol: :lol:
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns  something he can learn in no other way. 
(Mark Twain)

Offline Mannlicher

• Water Stone
  • A Florida Cracker, and an original Kracaneuner
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2019, 05:01:34 AM »
I find no love in my heart for his disruptive and often bizarre  postings. 

Offline Spyder1958

• Water Stone
  • Kracaneuner Tribe
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2019, 06:36:09 PM »
 :shrug: i'm like Moe, for my part. I just past his post by when it didn't make any sense
You are free to choose but you are not free from the consequences of your choice.
Zig Ziglar

Offline Moe M.

• Diamond Stone
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2019, 09:57:03 AM »
:shrug: i'm like Moe, for my part. I just past his post by when it didn't make any sense

I guess we're just two old softies. 

Actually, truth be told, I wasn't as concerned about his feelings as I was about loosing another member (even one as confusing and ofttimes irritating) who at least contributed to an otherwise greatly depleted post count on this forum, at least he gave us something to post even if it was only to rebuke him,  there were times when he was the only thing that kept a thread going.     

Offline crashdive123

• Vendor
  • Water Stone
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2019, 11:51:48 AM »
I believe that the "worth" of any forum (as far as members go, and financials aside with respect to the owner) is not governed by the post count, but rather by the content of those posts.  All forums have trivial banter or chit chat if you will, but when content becomes more and more devisive then the forum suffers.  It is the quality of the content, not the mere fact that there is content.  Potential new members shy away and look for something more fufilling.  Long time members that may not be overly active log on less and less.  Many forums ebb and flow, it's the nature of the beast. 

It's rather amusing (at least to me) that the departure of somebody that was so disruptive has generated this much discussion......... but then again, I am part of that too.

Offline Moe M.

• Diamond Stone
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2019, 06:57:31 PM »
I believe that the "worth" of any forum (as far as members go, and financials aside with respect to the owner) is not governed by the post count, but rather by the content of those posts.  All forums have trivial banter or chit chat if you will, but when content becomes more and more devisive then the forum suffers.  It is the quality of the content, not the mere fact that there is content.  Potential new members shy away and look for something more fufilling.  Long time members that may not be overly active log on less and less.  Many forums ebb and flow, it's the nature of the beast. 

It's rather amusing (at least to me) that the departure of somebody that was so disruptive has generated this much discussion......... but then again, I am part of that too.

While I agree with you about intentionally disruptive members,  As much as Unknown frustrated me at times I don't believe that he was doing it intentionally,  and he did have his lucid moments,  as for post count I agree with you there also where average post counts are numerus enough to generate interest, but here at B&B I've seen days go by without a post being added,  that doesn't go very far in drawing new members or holding on to existing members,  we've fallen pretty low over the last year or so,  not all that long ago we had fifty active members posting a lot in multiple threads,  today we hear from a half dozen regulars posting once in a while,  sometimes any postings (as long as they remain civil) are better than a weekend of mute crickets, this thread is a prime example,  as useless as you perceive it to be what would we be talking about if not for this discussion,  It's not like we have a bunch of on going discussions to choose from.   

Offline woodsrunner

• Friction Fire Fellowship
  • Water Stone
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2019, 11:00:21 AM »
Dang!...thats to bad :(
Iv'e always figured that he was just smarter than me and his seemingly incomprehensible comments were perhaps too elevated for my simple mind to understand  :crazy: :-[...but hey, i love everyone! :)...woods
'At play in the fields of the Lord'
Save a Logger...Eat a Tree Hugger!

Offline Moe M.

• Diamond Stone
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2019, 02:56:50 PM »
Dang!...thats to bad :(
Iv'e always figured that he was just smarter than me and his seemingly incomprehensible comments were perhaps too elevated for my simple mind to understand  :crazy: :-[...but hey, i love everyone! :)...woods

Always the gentleman. 

Offline hayshaker

• Supporting Member
  • Whetstone +
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2019, 06:06:16 PM »
what happened to unkown? sorry haven't been around in a while.
surely will try to post more often though.

Offline Moe M.

• Diamond Stone
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2019, 06:24:22 AM »
what happened to unkown? sorry haven't been around in a while.
surely will try to post more often though.

He was just being his usual confused self again, was called on something he said and an argument ensued, he said a few things that he shouldn't have and his ticket to ride here was cancelled, I feel bad for the guy because I never thought he was being an intentional A-Whole, in my opinion he suffers from some kind of emotional or mental problems, or maybe addiction.
 Having had experience with this type if thing in my work as well as in my family I know that some of these afflicted people can be helped and do overcome what ever demons they are fighting, but they aren't easy to get along with and can be frustrating and irritating at times,  this was one of those times when he got out of hand.

Offline hayshaker

• Supporting Member
  • Whetstone +
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2019, 06:39:02 AM »
thanks moe guess I wasn't watching the fourm that close.
as for myself and personal issues I somewhat try to keep that to myself some what and not
try to burden the fourm in open forum. so if I ever have been a PITA here i'm sorry,

Offline Moe M.

• Diamond Stone
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2019, 07:24:02 AM »
thanks moe guess I wasn't watching the fourm that close.
as for myself and personal issues I somewhat try to keep that to myself some what and not
try to burden the fourm in open forum. so if I ever have been a PITA here i'm sorry,

Hey, we all go through times of deep emotional stress in our lives, some of us are better equipped to deal with them than others,  but that's only normal and to be expected,  also normal is how some of us deal with those who are afflicted with stress or addiction, some of us have more patience than others,  I've been a member of this forum
since pretty near it's inception and can say that overall our members have been pretty supportive of it's members who are going through troubled times,  but we have had new members over time who didn't fit into the civility of this forum and pretty quickly dispatched (for lack of a better descriptive).   
Speaking for myself, you're good bud, no apology needed or expected. 

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2019, 07:59:33 PM »
I'll second Moe's comment Hayshaker.
(Mark Twain)

Offline Pete Bog

• Supporting Member
  • Whetstone +
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2019, 10:49:07 PM »
This was posted in the wrong heading, sorry
« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 11:50:44 PM by Pete Bog »