Author Topic: Interesting Tent Peg  (Read 753 times)

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
Interesting Tent Peg
« on: November 15, 2019, 02:29:37 PM »
Last year I saw these tent pegs on a website and bought a few as they had a special on them.  This year I used them for part of the cords on a hunting and photo blind we use at the farm.  The are plastic but seem pretty tough and although the ground they are in is pretty soft right now I hit them pretty hard with the hammer to drive them in.  The pegs work with 1/4" para cord.

This photo shows a peg in place and the 1/4" para cord attached.  You can see the slot that the cord locks into so the line stays tight.

Here is what the pegs look like out of the ground

This is the other item I got and it can be screwed to a trailer with side boards to hold down a light load or you can screw it to a bigger peg and make your own pegs.

We will see how they hold up as this blind will be up till the end of December. 
I got these at Lee Valley Tools.  They are kind of pricey but were cheaper when they had a special on them.

« Last Edit: November 15, 2019, 02:54:37 PM by wsdstan »
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns  something he can learn in no other way. 
(Mark Twain)

Offline Spyder1958

• Water Stone
  • Kracaneuner Tribe
Re: Interesting Tent Peg
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2019, 05:41:52 PM »
Those look handy Stan, look forward to seeing how they hold up.
You are free to choose but you are not free from the consequences of your choice.
Zig Ziglar

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2019, 06:57:43 PM »
They withstood high winds today.  I checked them three times to see if the lines were slipping and all was good.  So far I am pleased with them.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns  something he can learn in no other way. 
(Mark Twain)

Offline madmax

• Diamond Stone
  • The Phoenix
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2019, 07:12:19 AM »
Looks pretty slick.
At least it's not a femur through the pelvis.