Author Topic: brave new world  (Read 1054 times)

Offline hayshaker

• Supporting Member
  • Whetstone +
brave new world
« on: January 03, 2020, 05:40:28 AM »
well i finally recieved my REAL ID card, i guess that makes me a good slave
in the new world order. has anyone got thier id yet? itt's kinda spooky it has two pictures of me 1,color 1.b&w hmmm

Offline Alan R McDaniel Jr

• Whetstone +
Re: brave new world
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2020, 05:52:03 AM »
My TX DL has been a "REAL" ID since my last renewal.  I haven't noticed any increase of decrease of intrusions into my private life.  But, it may help at the polls for proving citizenship.  Unless of course they are accepting "Si" as an answer to the question, "Are you a US citizen?"

Alan

Offline madmax

• Belt Grinder
  • The Phoenix
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2020, 05:57:49 AM »
I'm probably not the only one who isn't following you.  Driver's license, VA card, birth certificate, DD-214, Voter's registration, tax records, even felons can get a ID card (and I think they're mandated to).  You didn't register with the United Nations did you?  A few people I know have renounced their citizenship and/or become "sovereign citizens" .  That has created much more grief than playing by the rules.

I'm not judging at all.  Just curious.

Anyhoo.  Congrats on having a real ID.
At least it's not a femur through the pelvis.

Offline Moe M.

• Diamond Stone
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2020, 08:32:48 AM »

Yup, me too, I'm confused,  what ID card are you talking about ???
In youth we learn,   with age we understand.

Offline wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
  • "You want a toe? I can get you a toe." -Sobchak
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2020, 08:57:18 AM »
'Real ID' is the new classification required of everyone intending to use commercial airlines for transportation, both domestically & internationally.  A current passport or approved driver's license with photo is required or you will not be allowed to board the plane....or VOTE!  Renewing your driver's license in most states will automatically take care of the photo ID requirement, but it's best to check before you need it for travel by air, as you will be turned away if your current form of ID does not meet the new standards.  It's been in the TV news programs and newspapers. :coffee:
« Last Edit: January 03, 2020, 09:06:15 AM by wolfy »
The only chance you got at a education is listenin' to me talk!
Augustus McCrae.....Texas Ranger      Lonesome Dove, TX

Offline madmax

• Belt Grinder
  • The Phoenix
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2020, 09:11:37 AM »
Well they won't let Max fly with me so I won't need a real ID,  cuz I ain't goin' without him.  lol

Offline imnukensc

• Water Stone
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2020, 11:11:24 AM »
wolfy forgot to mention, it's not just for travel.  Without it you will not be able to enter any federal gov't. building or properties like military bases/installations, court houses, Soc. Sec. offices, etc.  You will be able to enter a post office without Real ID.
The universe is made up of protons, neutrons, electrons, and morons.

Offline wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
  • "You want a toe? I can get you a toe." -Sobchak
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2020, 11:49:01 AM »
wolfy forgot to mention, it's not just for travel.  Without it you will not be able to enter any federal gov't. building or properties like military bases/installations, court houses, Soc. Sec. offices, etc.  You will be able to enter a post office without Real ID.

It may even be a beneficial loophole in keeping you from serving time in a Federal Prison.  :shrug:
The only chance you got at a education is listenin' to me talk!
Augustus McCrae.....Texas Ranger      Lonesome Dove, TX

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2020, 12:00:29 PM »
Well I learned something about flying.  Was unaware of the Real ID requirement.

Where I live you have to have a photo ID to vote and it has been that way for a long time, at least twelve years if what I have left for a memory is right.  Our drivers license would meet the criteria I suppose but will look at the details sometime.  I have an adverse reaction to flying so it isn't likely I would unless it was to pick up something I could drive home.

Our drivers license renewal six years ago required you to bring receipts for proving you lived where you said (utility bills etal), a certified birth certificate issued by the State or County where you were born and it had to be from them, not a copy, and something with your ssn on it.  Women who had been married had to bring all that plus a certified copy of their marriage license.  Once you got all that you got a drivers license and they put a gold star on it that proved you were a real person, just like the Nazis sewing gold stars on the coats ethnic groups in Germany. 
« Last Edit: January 03, 2020, 03:54:55 PM by wsdstan »
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns  something he can learn in no other way. 
(Mark Twain)

Offline Pete Bog

• Supporting Member
  • Whetstone +
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2020, 12:42:03 PM »
Once you got all that you got a drivers license and they put a gold star on it that proved you were a real person, just like the Nazis sewing gold stars on the coats ethnic groups in Germany. 

Just like Kennkarte? I think that is what Hayshaker (OP) was referring to and he might be on the money on that one.

Offline madmax

• Belt Grinder
  • The Phoenix
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2020, 01:18:10 PM »
Y'all got me all paranoid.  I checked online.  Florida is a real ID compliant state.  A little star on the right top of my drivers license says I'm not a robot.  Or something like that...

I have a little picture at the right bottom that tells them I'm a veteran.

Thanks to hayshaker.  I thought I kept up with this stuff.  Guess not.

I'm drawing the line at the mark of the beast...

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2020, 01:46:34 PM »
At this time all States are compliant with the Real ID except Oregon and Oklahoma.  If your license has a Gold Star or Black Star on it you are good.  If your license doesn't have the star then even if your State is compliant you won't be able to fly or enter Federal facilities.  The flying issue starts October of 2020 and I don't know about the federal sites.

The Real Id has nothing to do with whether you can vote or not according to what I read.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns  something he can learn in no other way. 
(Mark Twain)

Offline hayshaker

• Supporting Member
  • Whetstone +
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2020, 03:58:02 PM »
well here's the deal my card has no star, an i ai'nt ali baba either.
i have two pictures upper l-hand color, l-rightis small and in black&white
go figgure.

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2020, 08:28:08 AM »
You said you have a Real ID at the beginning of this thread.  Is it one of those or is it a drivers license?

(Mark Twain)

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2020, 08:30:48 AM »
Just like Kennkarte? I think that is what Hayshaker (OP) was referring to and he might be on the money on that one.

Yes it would be the same type of document. 
(Mark Twain)

Offline hayshaker

• Supporting Member
  • Whetstone +
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2020, 05:50:42 AM »
i have a D,L but when my probation ends i have to apply for a new one, mabey then little mikey gets a gold star
for being a good slave. i'll leave out what i would really like to say lest i be banned from the forum.