Knife and Tool Discussion > Production Knives

Handle on a Buck 143 Pac knife

(1/3) > >>

wsdstan:
I have had this Buck 143 skeleton knife in my knife box for quite awhile.  Never used it because it felt like the handle was just too small for the blade.  Hard to hold it.  Anyway I decided to put a handle on it for the fun of it.  I had a nice piece of curly maple and used some.

Feels better in hand now but probably won't get much use.  I put it in an old leather sheath I had as a neck knife.  May get some use cutting bale twine when we are feeding cattle this winter.  It would make a good skinning knife but there are better ones in my knife box. 

madmax:
Pretty slick.  I like small knives.

Moe M.:

--- Quote from: wsdstan on January 04, 2020, 01:07:29 PM ---I have had this Buck 143 skeleton knife in my knife box for quite awhile.  Never used it because it felt like the handle was just too small for the blade.  Hard to hold it.  Anyway I decided to put a handle on it for the fun of it.  I had a nice piece of curly maple and used some.

Feels better in hand now but probably won't get much use.  I put it in an old leather sheath I had as a neck knife.  May get some use cutting bale twine when we are feeding cattle this winter.  It would make a good skinning knife but there are better ones in my knife box. 

--- End quote ---

I have the bigger 4" blade model,  it lives somewhere in the bottom of my day pack,  I picked it up at Wallyworld by mistake,  I bought a different knife and the clerk put the wrong one in the bag, both were the same price, I just never brought it back for exchange.
 I think they are made of 440C stainless,  I don't care for the skeleton handle either,  but it's not a bad blade for the money and it doesn't rust,  so I keep it for a back up.
 I've got some curly maple hanging around in my exotic woods box,  might be a good project for a snow weekend.

Nice job Stan. 

Yellowyak:
Nice job, love the curly maple.

Spyder1958:
Love it Stan, curly maple was a great choice. Good job making it usable.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version