Author Topic: S.A.K. Ferro rod scale.  (Read 2512 times)

Offline xj35s

• Water Stone
  • If I go missing, carladerby at gmail for info.
S.A.K. Ferro rod scale.
« on: April 14, 2020, 11:05:19 AM »
I wanted to post this here. I think this is as perfect as this is going to get. Let me know if you would want one of these or if it's kind of stupid. I designed this for me because I'm never without my SAK.
I changed the profile of the handle and added some better grips. I also added little insets for rare earth magnets to ensure the rod doesn't fall out once it has been used a lot and loses it's friction fit.
This only fits the 91mm Victorinox and holds a 1/8" x 2" ferro rod.

pessimist complain about the wind. optimist expect the wind to change. realist adjusts the sails.

Offline xj35s

• Water Stone
Re: S.A.K. Ferro rod scale.
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2020, 04:07:02 PM »
No interest....dang.
pessimist complain about the wind. optimist expect the wind to change. realist adjusts the sails.

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2020, 05:07:01 PM »
I somehow missed this earlier.  After looking at it I don't quite understand what I am looking at. My problem is probably because I cannot tell where the ferro rod is in the drawing and have no size reference. 
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns  something he can learn in no other way. 
(Mark Twain)

Offline xj35s

• Water Stone
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2020, 12:49:32 AM »
Okay, that makes sense. The ferro rod epoxies into the small nub and slides into the scale. here's an earlier design I actually printed. I eliminated the two very sharp corners on the nub/handle in the new design.

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2020, 08:48:33 AM »
I see how it works now.  I am interested in one.  Let me know either here or with a message how much and what colors are available.  Black is good and orange would be good too.  If a ferro rod is included that is fine, if not let me know what size rod it takes.  Thanks
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns  something he can learn in no other way. 
(Mark Twain)