Author Topic: Shop update  (Read 1417 times)

Offline Alan R McDaniel Jr

• Whetstone +
Shop update
« on: July 11, 2020, 05:24:40 PM »
#1 son brought his crew out yesterday and built a boat cover and a cover for my Timber King sawmill.  They also built a cover along the back side for the fish cleaning table and sink.  AND, most importantly, he wire the entire shop.  20 110v receptacles, 2 220v  receptacles, and  various switches and light fixtures.  When I get my table saw, band saw and planer I'll be in business. 

I also dedicated one workbench to casting case prep.  I'm going to do all my depriming, and case prep out in the shop and then bring the clean brass inside to load.  Of course the casting really needs to be outside. 

Alan

• Whetstone +
Re: Shop update
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2020, 05:25:50 PM »
Tomorrow's  project is to clear that workbench and start hanging tools.

Alan

Online madmaxine

• Whetstone +
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2020, 03:31:30 AM »
Very nice.  I had a good shop.  Until I filled it with projects I was too busy to finish.  Maybe you've inspired me to clean it out and start over.  No more projects on the porch and avoiding my wife's stinkeye....hmmm.

• Whetstone +
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2020, 09:15:23 PM »
These days, even with all the doors open and the big fan going it is still hot in there.  I put a sprinkler outside the upwind door (where the fan is) and it cools it off some. 

I work in the garden and yard until about 10:00, then in the shop till about 1:00 and inside for the rest of the day.  I'm sifting through a lifetime of boxes that I have saved stuff and stored stuff.  All that stuff that I never had room to use or appreciate has been sitting in boxes for 25 years, some of it 45 years.  Several years ago I bought a 40' shipping container.  I had it half full in the first week.  I'd have put more in it but my sons started putting their crap in there too!  I'm going to take all mine out and either fix it, use it, display it or throw it away.

Alan