Author Topic: Bernie Garland knifemaker  (Read 293 times)

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
Bernie Garland knifemaker
« on: October 07, 2020, 09:14:35 AM »
Bernie Garland used to post here from time to time, mostly selling things as I recall, and he is a good guy from what I know.  He has not been on the site for about six years though.  I have one of his bushcraft knives and used to visit his website from time to time just to see what the blokes in England were talking about in their forum. 

His website was gone last time I checked and when I went to his Facebook page he said he had a stroke and was out of the knife business.  He did mention that he is as fit as a fiddle though so that is good.  All his stuff was for sale or sold by now.  Sorry to hear that as he made some high quality knives and seemed to be a really decent person.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns  something he can learn in no other way. 
(Mark Twain)

Offline madmaxine

• Whetstone +
Re: Bernie Garland knifemaker
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2020, 10:41:37 AM »
He is highly regarded in Florida.

Offline Moe M.

• Diamond Stone
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2020, 05:14:45 AM »

I too wish him luck,  funny thing about life,  we wander through it never considering that at some point we all will have to pay for the good fortune that we have,  and when we finally become cognizant of changes that sometimes happen so subtly we don't think much about it until it's too late,  friends that we should have cherished more go out of our lives,  businesses that we have done business with most of our lives close,  street patterns change and confuse us until we get used to them,  and often we are reminded of our own mortality and our own place in this life.
Treasure your Bernie Garland knife Stan, it's become much more valuable now,  and I'm not speaking about it's dollar value.   :cheers:
Thanks for the heads up. 
In youth we learn,   with age we understand.

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2020, 08:09:00 AM »
 :thumbsup:
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns  something he can learn in no other way. 
(Mark Twain)

Offline Spyder1958

• Water Stone
  • Kracaneuner Tribe
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2020, 06:43:24 PM »
I have two of his blades, one Red handled for me, I gave it to my oldest grandson, the other I handle in a green boxelder burl, love it, it stays in my bag and goes everywhere with me. Hate to hear about his health, I?ll see Red next weekend and ask about Bernie
You are free to choose but you are not free from the consequences of your choice.
Zig Ziglar