Author Topic: Cookies!  (Read 129 times)

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
Cookies!
« on: November 18, 2020, 10:42:11 AM »
Here is a recipe for the easiest cookies to make I have found.

These are made with just three ingredients:

One cup of Peanut Butter
One cup Sugar
One large egg

Mix the three ingredients in a mixing bowl with a large spoon or one of those plastic spatulas.  Nothing else, no oil or flour.  Preheat the oven to 325 Degrees.  Make balls of the "dough" about 1 1/4" in diameter and set on parchment paper on a cookie sheet.  Leave enough room between the cookies for them to double in size.  Bake 10 to 12 minutes (mine took a bit longer) and when they are starting to brown remove from the oven and place and leave them on the parchment paper but lift it off of the hot cookie sheet.  When hot these are really soft and pretty flimsy but when they cool off they get firmer.  Put them on a cooling rack when they are cool enough to pick up by hand.

Next batch I am going to try Splenda to see if it works okay.  These things could easily be addictive.  I did not smash them down and put fork marks in them as the recipe did not say to do that but I will see if that makes any change next batch I do.   :-*
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns  something he can learn in no other way. 
(Mark Twain)

Offline madmaxine

• Whetstone +
Re: Cookies!
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2020, 12:37:32 PM »
I take them out while their a little squishy still.  Yum.

Offline wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
  • "You want a toe? I can get you a toe." -Sobchak
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2020, 04:18:59 PM »
I'm going to try this, but I'm going to substitute Swerve for the sugar....the rest of it is a Keto-safe mix.  We use Smucker's crunchy peanut butter which is made from nothing but peanuts & a little salt.  Very few carbs and a lot of protein is what I shoot for, so with the egg, which is nothing but protein, this recipe sounds Keto friendly and classified as HEALTH FOOD in my recipe book! :popcorn:
« Last Edit: November 18, 2020, 04:24:16 PM by wolfy »
The only chance you got at a education is listenin' to me talk!
Augustus McCrae.....Texas Ranger      Lonesome Dove, TX

Offline Yellowyak

• Water Stone
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2020, 05:23:28 PM »
That sounds and looks like a great cookie; have to try it soon, thanks.