Author Topic: Strange looking but a great knife.  (Read 138 times)

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
Strange looking but a great knife.
« on: November 18, 2020, 07:56:49 PM »
This knife isn't something I would have bought but it was a gift from a friend.  She gave it to me along with a Danish Kringle. I looked at it like you might look at a toad hopping down the aisle in church on Sunday the first time I saw it.  Who would make a knife like this and why?   

It cuts bread like nobody's business and meat, and cake, and anything you can think of.  Of course it isn't any better at some things than other good knives but on bread and meat it is really something.  It is just a serrated knife with a strange handle but that handle angle really works, at least for me.

About $21 plus shipping from ohdanishbakery.com

« Last Edit: November 18, 2020, 09:11:39 PM by wsdstan »
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns  something he can learn in no other way. 
(Mark Twain)

Offline wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
  • "You want a toe? I can get you a toe." -Sobchak
Re: Strange looking but a great knife.
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2020, 08:13:27 PM »
Looks like a cross between a hacksaw and a jack plane.....not too bad of a design, actually. :thumbsup:
The only chance you got at a education is listenin' to me talk!
Augustus McCrae.....Texas Ranger      Lonesome Dove, TX

Offline Sarge

• Water Stone
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2020, 11:03:57 AM »
I sorta like.

Hey wolfy, I bet it'll get peanut out of the bottom of the jar, too.
"The man with the knapsack is never lost." Horace Kephart (1862-1931)

Offline Moe M.

• Diamond Stone
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2020, 11:30:03 AM »

Funny thing,  I have never cared much for serrated knives (except for cutting crusted bread),  but I did have (don't know where it went) a Ginsu utility knife for many many years that I used often for a lot of kitchen chores,  it never got dull,  I used it to cut open food packaging,  bottle seals,  frozen foods, butchers string,  all the stuff you wouldn't want to subject one of your "good" knives to,  and it never needed attention.
 I'd almost forgot about it until I read your post, every time I visit Sally's or other thrift stores I look in the used utensil bin hoping to find another.
In youth we learn,   with age we understand.