Author Topic: Pandemic activities  (Read 693 times)

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
Pandemic activities
« on: December 14, 2020, 12:24:07 PM »
I stay home a lot these days, not cause I have to, just because there is not much to do this time of year.  Make sure the water isn't frozen in the stock tanks and feed the wild birds is all that is on my list at the moment.  Too cold to work on my knife collection so what do I do?  Surf the net looking a photos or and articles about....... knives.

I check Sarge's FB page, go to 24 hour Campfire and read the knife section and sometimes there are links there that will lead you to some interesting knife makers/sellers.  There was one that led to this web site: 

https://northarmknives.com/?c=d115e58d09e2

They make a pretty nice looking folder which is something I am looking for at the moment. 

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns  something he can learn in no other way. 
(Mark Twain)

Offline crashdive123

• Global Moderator
  • Water Stone
Re: Pandemic activities
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2020, 06:30:06 PM »
Here's a few more Facebook knives to look at. https://www.facebook.com/Crashblade-Knives-442256159917279

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2020, 07:09:24 PM »
Thanks for posting that.  I have, of course, seen your knives on this forum and like your designs.  Now I have another place to visit every so often.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns  something he can learn in no other way. 
(Mark Twain)

Offline Mannlicher

• Water Stone
  • A Florida Cracker, and an original Kracaneuner
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2020, 09:16:30 AM »
Stan,  I did not know you visited over at the 'fire.  What screen name do you use there?   I have been active on that forum for almost 181 years, and spend a lot of time in the knife area.

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2020, 02:38:31 PM »
Sam I am under stantdm at the fire.  I follow the knife thread quite a bit lately and have seen a lot of your posts.  I thought michiganroadkill's post on the SV35 was interesting and like that photo of the green camel bone knife you posted.

181 years is a long time.   :-\

(Mark Twain)

Offline Mannlicher

• Water Stone
  • A Florida Cracker, and an original Kracaneuner
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2021, 05:25:56 AM »
stan, it's not easy being old.  laughing

Tim is making me a follow up knife based on that design.  Longer handle,  longer blade,  and convex this time around. 

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2021, 09:38:59 AM »
That will be a nice one. 
(Mark Twain)

Offline Dabberty

• Whetstone +
    • My outdoor & DIY blog
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2021, 06:38:48 AM »
-- edited --
wrong topic, starting a new one
« Last Edit: January 11, 2021, 06:55:53 AM by Dabberty »
My outdoor & DIY blog:  www.dabberty.com