Author Topic: Projects in limbo and not started, yet  (Read 1405 times)

Offline hushnel

• Water Stone
  • Florida Cracker since 1960
    • Barclay Customs
Projects in limbo and not started, yet
« on: May 20, 2012, 02:37:42 PM »
I haven't started a project in over a month. It's tough, I always have 5 or 6 things going on at a time. It rained all weekend and I've been packing up my workshops to move up to the farm.

I was putting all my tone woods together, bundling them up and I started getting excited. I've been buying wood for years, when I pulled out the old sinker western red cedar My mind started going then I came to a back and side set of Osage Orange I completely forgot I had, the Koa and spruces, the rosewood and mahoganies, Oh man.

I know when I get set up and start working up at the farm it's all going to be leather work, the demand is building as the horse people and bikers anticipate my arrival. But I can have a bit of a project on the side too, right?

I'll finish up this one first, since it's already in the mold.

This is my collection of tone woods

The Osage sides and the back is behind the Koa

Offline PetrifiedWood

• Friction Fire Fellowship
  • Administrator
  • Belt Grinder
Re: Projects in limbo and not started, yet
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2012, 03:17:32 PM »
Can't wait to see the finished guitar!

I wish I had the ability to multitask like that, but I'm a linear thinker. I have to do things one at a time from start to finish before starting a new project. When I interrupt one, it's really difficult to pick it back up again where I left off.

Offline hushnel

• Water Stone
  • Florida Cracker since 1960
    • Barclay Customs
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2012, 04:09:34 PM »
That's the way it should be, I'm so scattered brained, attention deficit an all, I need my projects to be chaos so I can go from one to another or I would become bored an never finish anything.

It's strange how our spirit seems to work around our faults, often with extraordinary results.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 08:03:47 PM by hushnel »

Offline easy_rider75

• Water Stone
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2012, 08:52:47 AM »
Ya have some serious  skills bro  can't wait to see it myself
?I'm not one of those complicated, mixed-up cats. I'm not looking for the secret to life.... I just go on from day to day, taking what comes.?~Frank Sinatra~