Author Topic: Beech and apple  (Read 1970 times)

Offline easy_rider75

• Water Stone
Beech and apple
« on: May 24, 2012, 02:32:59 PM »
Working on  an apple spoon as part of a trade for the  knives and sheath I recently  got. Also this  kuksa is going to  someone off another board for a couple of  cook kits. Started  roughing out the kuksa yesterday so far in all I think I got just a touch over 3 hours into it.

?I'm not one of those complicated, mixed-up cats. I'm not looking for the secret to life.... I just go on from day to day, taking what comes.?~Frank Sinatra~

Offline Bibbs

• Mill File+
Re: Beech and apple
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2012, 01:50:23 AM »
Damnit man, you just keep turning out purty stuff, love the wood on the spoon
Akoyeh

Offline easy_rider75

• Water Stone
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2012, 07:19:46 PM »
Bit of  work  on the apple spoon tonight doing a bit of a spiral twist in the handle. Will be rounded over when  done to soften  the edges.

?I'm not one of those complicated, mixed-up cats. I'm not looking for the secret to life.... I just go on from day to day, taking what comes.?~Frank Sinatra~

Offline easy_rider75

• Water Stone
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2012, 12:58:20 PM »
The  beech  kuksa is  basically done she holds a few ounces is a sipper for sure not a gulper. Also working out a  new apple spoon. Got bit to from  my  knife  just a tiny  slice off  the finger when  working on the kuk hurt like an SOB though lol

Offline easy_rider75

• Water Stone
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2012, 11:34:02 PM »
Just gave  this little guy its first coat of oil