Author Topic: Spammers  (Read 1796 times)

Offline PetrifiedWood

• Friction Fire Fellowship
  • Administrator
  • Belt Grinder
Spammers
« on: June 02, 2012, 11:40:30 AM »
We've recently had a couple of spammer accounts, which I've deleted. So if you notice the member number decreasing a point or two, it was spammers being zapped. I've also added their ip ranges to the ban list so we won't see any more from that particular spam entity.

Offline Dano

• Diamond Stone
Re: Spammers
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2012, 02:05:13 PM »
I thought I'd maybe seen one or two.  Too bad we have to deal with this garbage, but thanks for weeding them out!!

Offline easy_rider75

• Water Stone
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2012, 05:43:54 PM »
Funny few sites have been  getting attacked lately
?I'm not one of those complicated, mixed-up cats. I'm not looking for the secret to life.... I just go on from day to day, taking what comes.?~Frank Sinatra~

Online wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
  • "You want a toe? I can get you a toe." -Sobchak
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2012, 05:59:34 PM »
We've recently had a couple of spammer accounts, which I've deleted. So if you notice the member number decreasing a point or two, it was spammers being zapped. I've also added their ip ranges to the ban list so we won't see any more from that particular spam entity.

Heck, you even deleted MY response to the one last night.......I didn't think that happened HERE :shrug: :sarcasm:
The only chance you got at a education is listenin' to me talk!
Augustus McCrae.....Texas Ranger      Lonesome Dove, TX

Offline PetrifiedWood

• Administrator
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2012, 06:14:48 PM »

Heck, you even deleted MY response to the one last night.......I didn't think that happened HERE :shrug: :sarcasm:

:D

Lol, Wolfy I'd have left it if there was a way, but when you delete the first post, the rest of the thread goes with it.

Offline WoodsWoman

• Diamond Stone
  • Minnesota
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2012, 07:11:25 PM »
I debated on saying hello to the Rustic name...      And there was a famale about a week? ago?    I got all excited to see another gal... then read her post and thought..  MMmmmmmmm.....  I"ll wait and see.

Good going on keeping the house clean PW... :)

WW.
On particularly rough days when I'm sure I can't possibly endure, I like to remind myself that my track record for getting through bad days so far is 100% and that's pretty good.

Offline PetrifiedWood

• Administrator
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2012, 07:23:48 PM »
I debated on saying hello to the Rustic name...      And there was a famale about a week? ago?    I got all excited to see another gal... then read her post and thought..  MMmmmmmmm.....  I"ll wait and see.

Good going on keeping the house clean PW... :)

WW.

Thanks. Yeah I'm disappointed too, thought we were two steps closer to 300. Ah, well. If there wasn't spam I'd have nothing to do, right? :D

Offline WoodsWoman

• Diamond Stone
  • Minnesota
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2012, 07:25:46 PM »
LOL..  That depends PW.. do you do windows?   :) 

WW.
On particularly rough days when I'm sure I can't possibly endure, I like to remind myself that my track record for getting through bad days so far is 100% and that's pretty good.