Author Topic: Vendor view member group  (Read 1171 times)

Offline PetrifiedWood

• Friction Fire Fellowship
  • Administrator
  • Belt Grinder
Vendor view member group
« on: June 30, 2012, 11:41:38 AM »
When we first started the forum, we wanted to make a statement about "in your face" advertising by hiding our vendor forums from view and requiring an active "opt-in" by members in order to see the vendor forums. This was a good idea, but we've received several PMs from newer members who wanted to view them and needed help joining the group. It can be a bit complicated and hard to find the settings in your user profile.  Red and I decided to do away with the group since most of you were members of the group anyway. The vendor forums are now visible to all members by default.

The "Pits of Tartarus" category where the vendor forums are located is a "collapsible" category. This means that you can click the little white arrow at the right end of the brown category bar to collapse it and hide it from view. So those members who do not wish to see the vendor forums can collapse the category at any time.

We chose to make this change to make it easier on the greatest number of members, and to free up time that would otherwise be spent enabling "vendor view" for members who want to see those forums.

Thanks!

Your B&B admin team.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 11:45:56 AM by PetrifiedWood »

Offline Wilderbeast

• Vendor
  • Water Stone
  • Member #007
    • Military Spec Surplus
Re: Vendor view member group
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2012, 01:03:31 PM »
As a vendor I thank you. 

Upon this a question arises: whether it be better to be loved than feared or feared than loved? One should wish to be both, but, because it is difficult to unite them in one person, it is much safer to be feared than loved.

Offline PetrifiedWood

• Administrator
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2012, 01:08:37 PM »
You're welcome! :)

Offline xj35s

• Water Stone
  • If I go missing, carladerby at gmail for info.
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2012, 03:28:48 PM »
Much better now!! I thank you for this and also for the quick response to my PM. I'm new here but know most of you from other forums where my user name is the same. This is now my homepage...
pessimist complain about the wind. optimist expect the wind to change. realist adjusts the sails.

Offline PetrifiedWood

• Administrator
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2012, 03:34:16 PM »
You're welcome! Yeah Red and I talked it over and this seemed to be better than making things unnecessarily complicated like they were before.

Glad you like it here! :)