Author Topic: odd knife request.  (Read 1112 times)

Offline Angerland

• Whetstone +
  • North Woodsman
    • North Woodsman
odd knife request.
« on: August 10, 2012, 02:32:11 PM »
Ok I was cruising ebay and found a great deal on a current USMC Bayonet so I bid on it. The deal was crazy good and I didn't read the fine print. Apparently this one does not come with a scabbard. Do any of you have or know where I can get a scabbard for the current OKC USMC Bayonet?

I may not win the thing so I am not completely heart broken just yet, and if I cant get a hold of the scabbard I know I can get a good leather sheath made.

Just asking.
"We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home."

Offline acara

• Water Stone
  • Captain of the Blue Pig
Re: odd knife request.
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2012, 04:14:02 PM »
Based on personal experience, just count of making or having one made. I've done the wade through garage sales, flea markets & surplus stores thing ...but finding a "spare sheath" is like finding a needle in a haystack.

If you don't have an "off the rack" solution already, here's one ..

http://www.trackofthewolf.com/List/Item.aspx/449/1
Meet me under the pee-pee-tree

Offline Angerland

• Whetstone +
  • North Woodsman
    • North Woodsman
Re: odd knife request.
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2012, 07:21:16 PM »
thanks! If I go that route I think I will take to one of the resident custommakers here. I know Goose could do something modular with it. But hell, I have to win the thing first right?
"We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home."