Author Topic: Shot Pouch  (Read 2300 times)

Offline werewolf won

• Water Stone
  • TANSTAAFL
Shot Pouch
« on: September 16, 2012, 12:20:25 PM »

Old Southern Mountain syle shot pouch made of hemp lined cloth and leather.  Lether dyed with iron and vinegar dye.

Thanks for looking

Wolf
I'll be a story in your head, but that's OK we're all stories in the end.  Just make it a good one!

Offline Wilderbeast

• Vendor
  • Water Stone
  • Member #007
    • Military Spec Surplus
Re: Shot Pouch
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2012, 03:42:50 PM »
Very nice.  What are the dimensions?
Upon this a question arises: whether it be better to be loved than feared or feared than loved? One should wish to be both, but, because it is difficult to unite them in one person, it is much safer to be feared than loved.

Offline werewolf won

• Water Stone
  • TANSTAAFL
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2012, 05:53:16 AM »
It is roughly 8 x 8.  I made it a tad bigger because it services my double barrel shot gun so I need room for shot containers, a couple of different wads, and patches and round ball, etc.   It has a tiny pocket inside to hold a tin of percussion caps; other than that it is just an open pouch. 
I'll be a story in your head, but that's OK we're all stories in the end.  Just make it a good one!

Offline wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
  • "You want a toe? I can get you a toe." -Sobchak
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2012, 07:04:43 AM »
Looks to be about the right size for a hunting pouch, WW.....and I love the 'camo' material you chose!   What do you use for a shot container?
The only chance you got at a education is listenin' to me talk!
Augustus McCrae.....Texas Ranger      Lonesome Dove, TX

Offline werewolf won

• Water Stone
  • TANSTAAFL
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2012, 07:26:59 AM »
I was gifted a shot snake with an Irish style control head.  I also have a collection of thick walled old fashioned glass bottles that I use when I'm feeling really traditional.

Offline Moe M.

• Diamond Stone
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2012, 09:02:13 AM »

Old Southern Mountain syle shot pouch made of hemp lined cloth and leather.  Lether dyed with iron and vinegar dye.

Thanks for looking

Wolf

Good job,  I like it,  bring it with you to the meet,  That's not your new horn is it ?
In youth we learn,   with age we understand.

Offline werewolf won

• Water Stone
  • TANSTAAFL
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2012, 09:14:21 AM »
It is a start.  No the horn that is a beat up old thing I grabbed at a gun show a few years ago.  The end is split so I patched it with some rawhide.  It holds powder -- just barely :D