Author Topic: Really BIG spoon  (Read 4172 times)

Offline easy_rider75

• Water Stone
Really BIG spoon
« on: February 23, 2012, 01:28:10 PM »
This is purely for decoration unless you are a giant lol my Mom wanted a seriously big spoon to  hang on her wall. this is being made out of  maple

?I'm not one of those complicated, mixed-up cats. I'm not looking for the secret to life.... I just go on from day to day, taking what comes.?~Frank Sinatra~

Offline WoodsWoman

• Diamond Stone
  • Minnesota
Re: Really BIG spoon
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 01:52:23 PM »
This is going to be a fun one to watch you make up. :) 

WW.
On particularly rough days when I'm sure I can't possibly endure, I like to remind myself that my track record for getting through bad days so far is 100% and that's pretty good.

Offline PetrifiedWood

• Friction Fire Fellowship
  • Administrator
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 04:41:22 PM »
Heck man I know a great use for a spoon that size. ;)

Ever see a real Louisiana crawfish boil? they use a small paddle to stir them. From the looks of that piece of wood you have there, it would be just about the right size.

Offline easy_rider75

• Water Stone
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2012, 04:42:52 PM »
Heck man I know a great use for a spoon that size. ;)

Ever see a real Louisiana crawfish boil? they use a small paddle to stir them. From the looks of that piece of wood you have there, it would be just about the right size.

Well Bud I  do just happen to  have another half if ya ever need  one lemme know :D LOL
?I'm not one of those complicated, mixed-up cats. I'm not looking for the secret to life.... I just go on from day to day, taking what comes.?~Frank Sinatra~

Offline PetrifiedWood

• Administrator
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2012, 04:53:04 PM »
Thanks!

I sure wish the DWR here would change the rules they have for crawfish. It's illegal to transport them live. You have to kill them before you leave the stream you catch them in. The rule is there to prevent people from using live crawfish as bait and introducing them into streams where they are not found naturally. But the rule should state that, rather than just banning the transport of live crawfish.

It forces you to either deal with the logistics of cooking them on-site, or buying frozen crawfish from out of state.

Offline easy_rider75

• Water Stone
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2012, 04:55:12 PM »
Yeah that does suck. But guess they  wanna keep them from  taking over as an invasive species  to ya know? but what can ya  do?

Offline PetrifiedWood

• Administrator
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2012, 04:57:13 PM »
Yeah that does suck. But guess they  wanna keep them from  taking over as an invasive species  to ya know? but what can ya  do?

Really there isn't much that can be done other than to call one of the DWR heads and ask them to consider a rule clarification so that people can take live crawfish if they plan to eat them.

Offline easy_rider75

• Water Stone
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2012, 04:59:20 PM »

Really there isn't much that can be done other than to call one of the DWR heads and ask them to consider a rule clarification so that people can take live crawfish if they plan to eat them.

True never know they  may bend the rule a bit for a cookout though  sure there would be a ton of paperwork knowing the government lol

Offline Barbarossa Bushman

• Water Stone
  • A sense of humor is a good thing
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2012, 06:06:57 PM »
That spoon looks like the one my grandma used to whack my brother in the arss with when he was a snot nosed kid.
"When times get rough and times get hard, the fat get skinny and the skinny die. Good thing you had a little fat on you when you did." An old friend

Offline WoodsWoman

• Diamond Stone
  • Minnesota
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2012, 06:59:11 PM »
I can see it now BB... you standing there watching your brother get wacked into the next county with a spoon like this.......   ha ha       And um.. YOU never got an arse adjustment with it?  :P

There is this family that has a reunion every summer and they bring this huge culdron.   Everyone brings something to dump into and they cook it all for hours.   They had a nickname for that 'soup' but I cant remember what it was right now.   Whole chickens, package of pork chops, lbs of veggies.. all just dumped in.   

This spoon your making, Easy,  you may have a good idea going on there.. :)

WW.
On particularly rough days when I'm sure I can't possibly endure, I like to remind myself that my track record for getting through bad days so far is 100% and that's pretty good.

Offline easy_rider75

• Water Stone
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2012, 07:00:47 PM »
I can see it now BB... you standing there watching your brother get wacked into the next county with a spoon like this.......   ha ha       And um.. YOU never got an arse adjustment with it?  :P

There is this family that has a reunion every summer and they bring this huge culdron.   Everyone brings something to dump into and they cook it all for hours.   They had a nickname for that 'soup' but I cant remember what it was right now.   Whole chickens, package of pork chops, lbs of veggies.. all just dumped in.   

This spoon your making, Easy,  you may have a good idea going on there.. :)

WW.

Thanks  well she said she  wanted a big one though this one is almost as tall as her LMAO :D  she may just fall over when she sees the size of it