Author Topic: Snake skins and stuff sacks  (Read 2206 times)

Offline SwampHanger

• Water Stone
  • River Rat Member
Snake skins and stuff sacks
« on: October 05, 2012, 02:42:04 PM »
Well today I made two stuff sacks and one pair of Snake Skins for my hammock's tarp and poncho liner. I wanted to keep my tarp in a separate stuff sack as to make it more useful and the quick set up is great. For you guys that use tarps only these are still a good option for you too. IMHO it really speeds up set up and break down time and less fighting tethers cords.

Offline upthecreek

• Charred Cloth Challenge
  • Global Moderator
  • Diamond Stone
  • Friction Fire Fellowship & River Rat
    • my youtube
Re: Snake skins and stuff sacks
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2012, 03:49:10 PM »
Those look great. I have skins on mine and they really are handy. The sacks look great too. I have to get to a couple sewing projects. I need a little prodding.

Creek
Axes Rock!

Offline SwampHanger

• Water Stone
  • River Rat Member
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2012, 04:45:37 PM »
Thanks UTC! I'm just getting ready for full fledged camping season. I do enjoy building camps and hanging out in them but when the humidity gets out of here I want to do plenty of hiking. Halloween weekend is really our true first cold front that is truly cool.

Offline Dano

• Diamond Stone
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2012, 09:16:05 PM »
Those look great!  I'm wanting to get into something like that as well, but I'm having trouble getting the thread tension set for material that light...plus my sewing skills are minimal at best!

Great job on those! :thumbsup:

Offline SwampHanger

• Water Stone
  • River Rat Member
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2012, 03:29:08 AM »
Man I used the directions to load the thread and set it for straight stitch. On top of the machine I'm using is a adjustment screw with a + or - symbol. Just have a couple Rum and cokes while your doing it. That way if the bride makes fun of a crooked stitch you have an excuse.

Offline Old Philosopher

• Belt Grinder
  • "I have an opinion about that...."
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2012, 04:06:37 PM »
LOL! Just because of where my mind is right now, I jumped on this thread because I thought it was about reali snake skins. Hahaha. Think I'll have another one of those R & Cs.  ;)

:cheers:
Don't bother walking a mile in my shoes. That would be boring. Try spending 30 seconds in my head. That will freak you right out!!

Offline kanukkarhu

• Diamond Stone
  • Canadian Woods Loafer & Certified Nobody
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2012, 11:05:20 PM »
Slick man! Awesome sewing skills! I'm impressed that you had a go at this in the first place... Good work and good thinking.

KK
What if you woke up today, with only the things you thanked God for yesterday?