Author Topic: Marbles Camp Cleaver  (Read 4717 times)

Offline Mr. Tettnanger

• Whetstone +
Marbles Camp Cleaver
« on: February 28, 2012, 06:04:13 AM »
I have a Marbles Camp Cleaver. I use using it the other day and I started to look at it a bit differently.

As I looked at the lines and curves of the blade and handle, it started to remind me of a Tom Brown Tracker.......sort of.

I am thinking of getting another one and may attempt to mod it a bit.

Any thoughts, opinions, jeers, scoffs, chop busting? Am I way off base in thinking that the cleaver sort of has the lines of the Tracker?

Offline Gurthy

• Water Stone
  • Member #9
    • My Blog: Gurthy's Bushcraft
Re: Marbles Camp Cleaver
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 06:36:02 PM »
To me it looks like the offspring of a Tracker and a Nessie... the blade looks a lot like a Nessmuk and the handle like a Tracker.

I definitely see how it could be modded to a Traker shape but is the blade thick enough to be effective?

Sorry, I used up all of my chop busting at work today, so I can't really help there :)

Offline GrowlingBear

• Whetstone +
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 06:45:42 PM »
I've contemplated getting one of those, but I just haven't gotten around to it... yet.  What kind of tasks did you do with it?  If it chops/processes wood to your liking, you could give it the Tracker treatment to add some extra usefulness.  The little crook area in the recessed portion is useful for making shavings and rounding-off edges.  I say chop that pig and test it out!  LOL.
Is there such a thing as too many knives?

Offline Red

• Maker of Sub-Par Knives
  • Global Moderator
  • Water Stone
  • Scorched Earther
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2012, 08:47:31 PM »
that is the most obnoxious half tang nessmuk ive ever seen. definitely needs some Growling Bear love... cant wait to see what you do to it!
"Big drama next few hours.. But whatever happens, no matter what they tell you.. Don't let 'em take them chains off me.."

Offline PetrifiedWood

• Friction Fire Fellowship
  • Administrator
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2012, 09:10:15 PM »
Looks similar to a cane knife. I like the orange!

Offline MATT CHAOS

• Water Stone
  • M.E.S.H. Knives
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2012, 11:34:43 AM »
I just did a search on this knife and for the price, I am in.  I will let you know when I get one.
It looks like it will be an interesting toy to have.
Jontok Bushy Approved    Member#28   
1st Aid/CPR/AED Wilderness 1st Aid Instructor

Offline Mr. Tettnanger

• Whetstone +
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2012, 11:59:37 AM »
For the cost, it makes a great project knife.

I use it for general camp tasks. I REALLY like the Marbles 14" Bolo Machete for serious camp chores! The orange color is actually nice to me. I like being able to find a tool when I need it!

The Marbles offerings are like $15 with sheath from Smokey Mountain Knife Works.

http://www.smkw.com/webapp/eCommerce/prodlist.jsp?Mode=Cat&Cat=28&Brand=75&filter=false
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 12:01:52 PM by Mr. Tettnanger »