Author Topic: Israeli Military Wool Blankets  (Read 7902 times)

Offline Wilderbeast

• Water Stone
  • Member #007
    • Military Spec Surplus
Israeli Military Wool Blankets
« on: December 30, 2012, 02:10:42 PM »
Tomorrow I will be picking up a bunch of Israeli wool blankets but I just couldn't wait to share  :banana:

I will be offering them at an introductory price of $12.99 plus shipping

These measure approximately 58X78 (most run a few inches bigger) and are 3.5-4 pounds. Made from a 70% wool/30% polyester blend, these blankets are warm, rugged, and well made.

Used, in good condition, no rips or tears. Colors will vary. Will have Israeli military markings on most of them..

I'll post a picture of the actual blankets tomorrow, but for now here is a stock photo

Upon this a question arises: whether it be better to be loved than feared or feared than loved? One should wish to be both, but, because it is difficult to unite them in one person, it is much safer to be feared than loved.

Offline MATT CHAOS

• Friction Fire Fellowship
  • Water Stone
  • M.E.S.H. Knives
Re: Israeli Military Wool Blankets
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2012, 02:50:25 PM »
You know I am going to have to take 3 of them.
Thanks, Beast.
 :)
Jontok Bushy Approved    Member#28   
1st Aid/CPR/AED Wilderness 1st Aid Instructor

Offline Wilderbeast

• Water Stone
  • Member #007
    • Military Spec Surplus
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2012, 03:01:20 PM »
You know I am going to have to take 3 of them.
Thanks, Beast.
 :)

I'll send you an invoice tomorrow. 

Thanks Matt.
Upon this a question arises: whether it be better to be loved than feared or feared than loved? One should wish to be both, but, because it is difficult to unite them in one person, it is much safer to be feared than loved.

Offline RBM

• Whetstone +
  • Philippians 4:13
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2012, 03:06:56 PM »
58"X 78" or 4.75'X 6.5'. I am 6 ft. 2 inches. Got any up to 7 ft.?
Robert

Offline Wilderbeast

• Water Stone
  • Member #007
    • Military Spec Surplus
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2012, 03:29:14 PM »
58"X 78" or 4.75'X 6.5'. I am 6 ft. 2 inches. Got any up to 7 ft.?

When I get them home tomorrow I'll get out my tape measure and see.

I'll let you know. 

Offline greyhound352

• Water Stone
  • Tribal Warrior of the Kracaneuners Ephesians 2.8
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2012, 03:33:32 PM »
I will be interested in one.
"Between every two pines is a doorway to a new world." John Muir

Offline Mr. Tettnanger

• Whetstone +
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2012, 05:02:20 PM »
I may be interested in a few. I really like the Italian wool blankets and wonder how these compare?

Offline Wilderbeast

• Water Stone
  • Member #007
    • Military Spec Surplus
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2012, 05:22:25 PM »
I may be interested in a few. I really like the Italian wool blankets and wonder how these compare?

I'll do a true side by side comparison when I get the chance.  I've got one of the italian blankets handy. 

Offline rogumpogum

• Water Stone
  • I like pickles.
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2012, 07:56:49 PM »
HMM!

I would be interested to know if they have the same stinky mothball smell the Italian ones had. :D
"My common sense is tingling..."

Offline Wilderbeast

• Water Stone
  • Member #007
    • Military Spec Surplus
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2012, 01:06:19 PM »
HMM!

I would be interested to know if they have the same stinky mothball smell the Italian ones had. :D

Rog,
Picked them up this morning and they don't have that stinky mothball smell. But if you buy one I'll make sure to pack it in mothball flakes just specially for you.   ;)

Pictures will have to wait, I'm taking my wife out for an early New Years Eve dinner and it'll be too dark when we get back.

Offline greyhound352

• Water Stone
  • Tribal Warrior of the Kracaneuners Ephesians 2.8
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2013, 05:55:08 PM »
Hey beast did you ever snap any pics yet?
"Between every two pines is a doorway to a new world." John Muir

Offline Daywalker

• Whetstone +
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2013, 06:07:40 PM »
I would also be interested.
Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for a lifetime.

Offline Wilderbeast

• Water Stone
  • Member #007
    • Military Spec Surplus
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2013, 06:38:37 PM »
I'll get some pictures up tomorrow.  Thanks for your interest and patience.

Offline Wilderbeast

• Water Stone
  • Member #007
    • Military Spec Surplus
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2013, 02:45:19 PM »
Here are the long awaited pictures.

[imghttp://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s482/wildernut/israeliblankets003_zpsb9334723.jpg]http://[/img]

Now here is the skinny on these , they are dirty, they are dusty, there is color variation,

They are not nearly as nice as the Italian blankets, they in no way compare to a good hudson bay blanket.  But they are decent and cheap enough to throw in the trunk of your car or behind the seat of your truck and forget it until you need it. 

They are fine for a top layer around a campfire where you don't want sparks to put a hole in your woobie. Or as added ground insulation for your bedroll.

They are not to snuggle in as they are.  I want to be completely upfront here.

These are a value at $12.99 but they are not a $40 blanket. 

One last thing they will need to be cleaned before use, I could have it done but then I would be selling them for $25.00, not  $12.99. 

Offline RBM

• Whetstone +
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2013, 07:41:59 PM »
Wool is rough and heavy but does the job wet or dry and its more spark resistant. I can always wash it. Moths are another story. I had some US Army wool blankets from my dad's footlocker that the moths got into. Not one blanket left. The moths did them in. They were great blankets at one time. Anyway Mike, great price. If you find me one up to seven feet long, PM me the total, and I will take one.
Robert

Offline Wilderbeast

• Water Stone
  • Member #007
    • Military Spec Surplus
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2013, 07:48:35 PM »
Wool is rough and heavy but does the job wet or dry and its more spark resistant. I can always wash it. Moths are another story. I had some US Army wool blankets from my dad's footlocker that the moths got into. Not one blanket left. The moths did them in. They were great blankets at one time. Anyway Mike, great price. If you find me one up to seven feet long, PM me the total, and I will take one.

Robert,

I have three going out tomorrow, so I'll be sorting them with tape measure in hand and if one is 7' you'll be the second to know.

Thanks

Offline Wilderbeast

• Water Stone
  • Member #007
    • Military Spec Surplus
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2013, 09:43:14 AM »
I just went through them, they are all of similar length and width, none are in the 7' range.   About 77" is a typical length.

Offline RBM

• Whetstone +
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2013, 05:55:04 PM »
I just went through them, they are all of similar length and width, none are in the 7' range.   About 77" is a typical length.

Well thanks for trying. Will keep looking in to see if you get some longer ones from somewhere.
Robert