Author Topic: Modern Trapping Series by The Pathfinder School  (Read 1667 times)

Offline Barbarossa Bushman

• Water Stone
  • A sense of humor is a good thing
Modern Trapping Series by The Pathfinder School
« on: January 05, 2013, 09:49:40 PM »
I thought these would be great to share especially now in light of Dave's public apology and well since this is a site where I won't get kicked off or censored for sharing here you go. I found these to be very informative and have enjoyed them a lot. I think it is great for Dave to share the knowledge he learned at the trapping school. I think his sharing of this emphasizes more of what he is about and more of his good character. Most of us can't take the time off to go to the school or shell out the $ for it so this is a great learning source.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZLagqylZ3j7xNwqZkrtfrrftmMEsm_fC
"When times get rough and times get hard, the fat get skinny and the skinny die. Good thing you had a little fat on you when you did." An old friend

Offline PetrifiedWood

• Friction Fire Fellowship
  • Administrator
  • Belt Grinder
Re: Modern Trapping Series by The Pathfinder School
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2013, 11:48:35 PM »
I saw those vids the other day when looking at his channel but didnt have the time to watch them yet. I do want to get a furbearer license here and I think I am old enouh to be grandfathered in without having to take the special class. Having a resource like those vids would make it easy for me to learn from home without having to fit a state run class into my schedule. It would be neat to be able to trap some nice pelts instead of having to buy them from tandy.

Offline OutdoorEnvy

• Water Stone
  • Outdoor Junky Approved
    • OutdoorEnvy
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2013, 04:08:03 PM »
I've watched some of those off and on.  I think they're pretty good.  I'm not a trapper so it certainly gives me an idea of things to consider
Proverbs 27:17    "As iron sharpens iron, a friend sharpens a friend"
http://outdoorenvy.blogspot.com/

Offline werewolf won

• Water Stone
  • TANSTAAFL
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2013, 08:22:01 AM »
I have not followed his trapping series too closely; in my neck of the woods almost everything he uses is illegal for me. I have followed some of it because even though the trap itself is a no no the principles of the sets are.  I have enjoyed his 21st Century Long Hunter and the Yurt series immensely however. 

I am not pouring black powder down the barrel of my H & R shotgun, or driving tacks into the stock,  but I do carry a possibles bag now :D
I'll be a story in your head, but that's OK we're all stories in the end.  Just make it a good one!

Offline Rinaldo

• Mill File
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2013, 10:23:19 AM »
I actually hadn't heard of him or his show until I checked out this site yesterday. I've already watched 3 hours of videos. He's got such a nice disposition and he certainly seems like a genuinely nice man.

I currently do not have the free-time to get into trapping, and when I'm done with school I won't have Any time, but I do enjoy learning how to do things if I had to, or if I had the time.

Offline Moe M.

• Diamond Stone
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2013, 09:56:50 AM »
I actually hadn't heard of him or his show until I checked out this site yesterday. I've already watched 3 hours of videos. He's got such a nice disposition and he certainly seems like a genuinely nice man.

I currently do not have the free-time to get into trapping, and when I'm done with school I won't have Any time, but I do enjoy learning how to do things if I had to, or if I had the time.

If you liked his trapping series make sure to check out his other videos,  Modern Long Hunter,  Journal of the Yurt,  The Waters Edge,  The Common Man's series,  and many many more,  you won't be disappointed.
In youth we learn,   with age we understand.