Author Topic: Outdoor Products dry bags on sale  (Read 1523 times)

Offline Highlife

• Water Stone
  • Sometimes more is more.
Outdoor Products dry bags on sale
« on: March 01, 2012, 09:12:10 PM »
Just got back from walmart, and the dry bags are on sale. Only a couple dollars savings, but better than  nothing. I'd post a picture or link but I'm posting from my cell. Hope this helps!

BTW, I got the 35L one for $7. It's huge.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 07:30:32 AM by theHumbleBlivit »
What's that smell?

Offline greyhound352

• Water Stone
  • Tribal Warrior of the Kracaneuners Ephesians 2.8
Re: Outdoor Products dry bags on sale
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2012, 05:26:14 PM »
Thanks for the info.
"Between every two pines is a doorway to a new world." John Muir

Offline madmax

• Diamond Stone
  • The Phoenix
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2012, 05:56:23 PM »
uh oh...somebody's caught the paddling bug.  Ha ha.  Been lookin' at canoes, too?   ;) Thanks for the tip.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving pretty with a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways in a cloud of smoke, thouroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, Wow! What a ride!" 
Hunter S, Thompson

Offline PetrifiedWood

• Friction Fire Fellowship
  • Administrator
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2012, 11:01:52 PM »
Nice! I've got an old sea-line dry bag that is still splash proof but no longer airtight. I wouldn't mind replacing it. I have some of the outdoor products dry bags that are more like nylon stuff sacks but I don't think they would withstand the water like the one pictured. The one's I have came in a 3 pack. I'll keep an eye out for these next time I'm there.

Offline Highlife

• Water Stone
  • Sometimes more is more.
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2012, 10:19:19 AM »
uh oh...somebody's caught the paddling bug.  Ha ha.  Been lookin' at canoes, too?   ;) Thanks for the tip.

Nah, just wanna make sure I'm prepared for next time.  I think if it had rained the way out like it did the way back on our last trip, my sleeping gear would have been a little too moist to be comfortable.  When I got home, some stuff was moist, but the only WET thing was my tent...

As for canoes, I can't justify one right now because I don't have a place to store it, or a way to transport it... Someday.

BTW, the 35L one is BIG for a clothes or food bag.  It would work as a pack liner probably... I kinda wish I'd got the 25L or 20L as well. I guess for $5, I can swing another.
What's that smell?

Offline greyhound352

• Water Stone
  • Tribal Warrior of the Kracaneuners Ephesians 2.8
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2012, 03:31:22 PM »
well the bags were sold out at one walmart and not on sale at another walmart. I can't win on these bags.
"Between every two pines is a doorway to a new world." John Muir