Author Topic: Morning Roll Call  (Read 54038 times)

Offline BENCH

• Mill File+
Morning Roll Call
« on: March 30, 2013, 06:22:01 AM »
Good morning B&B

I asked PW if I could start a tread where we tell what the weather like where we are at, and your plans for the day.

It,s raining ans cool this morning in Little Rock, up visiting family, and going t Gander Moutain today

You guys have a blessed day!

Robert
Would rather be judged by twelve, than carried by six!!

Offline MnSportsman

• Diamond Stone
  • Just call me, JB, it is easier to type. ;)
Re: Morning Roll Call
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2013, 06:25:12 AM »
G'Morning!
:)
Rain & about 40F.

Gonna clean the garage to get ready to swap engines in my pickup, on Wednesday.

I love being out in the woods!   I like this quote from Mors Kochanski - "The more you know, the less you carry". I believe in the same creed, & think  "Knowledge & honed skills" are the best things to carry with ya when you're out in the wilds. They're the ultimate "ultralight" gear! ;)

Offline Spyder1958

• Water Stone
  • Kracaneuner Tribe
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2013, 06:37:29 AM »
46 deg this am. been out of town this week, mowing the grass, tiller on a bow and just hang out at home.
You are free to choose but you are not free from the consequences of your choice.
Zig Ziglar

Offline upthecreek

• Charred Cloth Challenge
  • Global Moderator
  • Diamond Stone
  • Friction Fire Fellowship & River Rat
    • my youtube
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2013, 06:52:55 AM »
Sunny and 36 in the foothills of the Blue Ridge. Suppose to be 65... we hope so for our trip down the river :)

Creek
Axes Rock!

Offline SIXFOOTER

• Whetstone +
  • Wandering Smartass
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2013, 07:03:51 AM »
Sunny and 69 here in S Fla this am. Gonna have some coffee and get some work done on the vette today
Maker of all things Archaic, Hoarder of Gear and Fluent speaker of BS
Sixfooter got bit by a snake like that once, then after 4 agonizing days... The snake finally died....

Offline kanukkarhu

• Diamond Stone
  • Canadian Woods Loafer & Certified Nobody
Morning Roll Call
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2013, 07:06:12 AM »
18 F and partly sunny up here in Manitoba, Canada. It will likely get up to 35 or 36 F at the hottest today.

A bit of down time (Easter's pretty busy for me) so I'm baking some bread and bannock and cooking a turkey for a small dinner with a few friends this afternoon.

Have a good one, all!

Tapatalked from my batphone.
What if you woke up today, with only the things you thanked God for yesterday?

Offline Bearhunter

• Water Stone
Morning Roll Call
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2013, 07:21:35 AM »
About 30 degrees F and clear.
Don't wait until it's too late to live your dream!

Offline wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
  • "You want a toe? I can get you a toe." -Sobchak
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2013, 07:28:51 AM »
46.2F & cloudy.
The only chance you got at a education is listenin' to me talk!
Augustus McCrae.....Texas Ranger      Lonesome Dove, TX

Offline treez

• Friction Fire Fellowship
  • Whetstone +
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2013, 07:37:35 AM »
41 now. And 56 and sunny later. Gotta run to the post office, put out the carnivorous plants to get some sun, and have a dinner with my bro, his wife, and my godson. So all in all a pretty good day.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2013, 07:52:10 AM »
A dry 42 degrees about 6:00 AM, slight wind from the NW, and a forcast of 40% chance of precipitation tomorrow.  Its popcorn f**t dry here in western South Dakota, along the Montana and Wyoming borders.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns  something he can learn in no other way. 
(Mark Twain)

Offline wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2013, 08:53:15 AM »
A dry 42 degrees about 6:00 AM, slight wind from the NW, and a forcast of 40% chance of precipitation tomorrow.  Its popcorn f**t dry here in western South Dakota, along the Montana and Wyoming borders.

Same over here in northeast Nebraska, Stan..........well, ALL of Nebraska really!    The state climatologist reported last week that 93% of the state is in the EXCEPTIONAL drought category and the other 7% is only in the EXTREME category.    One consolation is that it can't get worse, I guess! :shrug:

Offline MATT CHAOS

• Water Stone
  • M.E.S.H. Knives
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2013, 09:15:30 AM »
South Suburbs of Chicago, IL, 1013 hrs and it is 49* and sunny.  It should be a nice day.
 :)
Jontok Bushy Approved    Member#28   
1st Aid/CPR/AED Wilderness 1st Aid Instructor

Offline WoodsWoman

• Diamond Stone
  • Minnesota
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2013, 10:23:01 AM »
 36*  and foggy here.  I cant see across the lake this morning.   AND we had a thunderstorm come through lst night.   With all this snow on the ground those lightening strikes were BRIGHT..     Dogs were pretty convinced it was the end of the world tho.

I'm not going anywhere this weekend. :(    I got stuck in the driveway yesterday because of deep sloshy snow.  Sunk the van and had to do alot of shovelling to get it out and back down the hill again.  NO driving on it for a few days so it can melt off and dry out...hopefully.   

WW.
On particularly rough days when I'm sure I can't possibly endure, I like to remind myself that my track record for getting through bad days so far is 100% and that's pretty good.

Offline xune

• Whetstone +
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2013, 10:51:37 AM »
49 and sunny here today in michigan. not much to do today, probably just get a bunch of stuff ready for tomorrow
I'll tell you what hermits realizes. If you go off into a far, far forest and get very quiet, you'll come to understand that you're connected with everything.

Offline imnukensc

• Water Stone
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2013, 03:28:38 PM »
About 54 here on a damp, cloudy morning that turned into a nice sunny sky this afternoon with highs in the mid 70's.  Worked on getting my firepit the way I wanted it and burned the humongous back yard brush pile.   Youngest son will be in town this evening around 7 so we'll do up a stir fry when he gets here.
The universe is made up of protons, neutrons, electrons, and morons.

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2013, 03:47:35 PM »
One consolation is that it can't get worse, I guess! :shrug:

Wait till the fires start.  (Unless its grazed out)
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns  something he can learn in no other way. 
(Mark Twain)

Offline wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2013, 03:57:28 PM »
Yeah, it's a virtual tinderbox out there!  We already had one fire last year when high winds knocked a branch down on an overhead electrical cable.  The dry brome grass around the bins and LP tank were perfect tinder for it.  Fortunately the RFD is only 2 1/2 miles from the farm and our neighbor saw it and turned it in right away.  A nightmare that prevails!  :-\

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2013, 09:34:14 AM »
24 degrees at 6:00 AM today.  No wind.  We missed the rain again, went to the south.  We got a couple of pathetic spits on the window and the deck didn't even get wet.  Cattle are doing good but we are probably going to hold them off the pasture till we are out of hay.  Not greening up yet.  Geese are moving north in big flocks the last few days.
(Mark Twain)

Offline WoodsWoman

• Diamond Stone
  • Minnesota
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2013, 10:10:35 AM »
19* degrees here right now at 11:00 am.   Sunny and a little bit of wind.   Geese honking all over the place.  I'm anxious for the day I can open up windows and listen to the wild life.

WW.
On particularly rough days when I'm sure I can't possibly endure, I like to remind myself that my track record for getting through bad days so far is 100% and that's pretty good.

Offline PetrifiedWood

• Administrator
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2013, 10:14:13 AM »
Partly cloudy here in the Book Cliffs, 51 degrees. :)

Offline madmax

• Diamond Stone
  • The Phoenix
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2013, 10:14:36 AM »
78 at lunch today.  I'm cleanin gear after a week of camping.  I won't have to entertain Max today.  He's exhausted.  LOL.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving pretty with a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways in a cloud of smoke, thouroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, Wow! What a ride!" 
Hunter S, Thompson

Offline Bearhunter

• Water Stone
Morning Roll Call
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2013, 11:12:27 AM »
It was around 30 this morning.
I believe it's suppose to get up to around 50 today.

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2013, 03:06:26 PM »
Tuesday morning found us looking at 21 degrees but dead calm.  The cattle were let out of the corral to see what they thought of pasture life and we found them laying by the reservoir enjoying the cool air and lack of bugs.

No moisture in sight this week but one can always hope.
(Mark Twain)

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2013, 09:23:45 AM »
Wednesday morning was 28 degrees, calm as a sleeper in church.  The new heifers are cautiously exploring the pasture areas and finding the good spots along the creek.  No rain or snow in sight for the rest of this week.
(Mark Twain)

Offline PetrifiedWood

• Administrator
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2013, 12:10:01 PM »
Sunny here today. Thermometer says 58 degrees. Beautiful day outside!

Offline WoodsWoman

• Diamond Stone
  • Minnesota
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2013, 12:31:49 PM »
Wednesday:   Windy and Sunny.   Up in the 40's today with 25 mph gusts of wind.  Hopefully this will get that ice off the driveway and dry up the mucky mud thats showing through.

Rain/snow forcasted again Thursday night into Sat....  **sigh**

WW.

Offline kanukkarhu

• Diamond Stone
Morning Roll Call
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2013, 06:53:40 AM »
Light snow, -8 C (18F).

At this of year, believe it or not, with the amount of snow we, have cold weather and moisture as snow is better than warm and rainy. (It means a slower thaw, and that's better for the flood forecast.)

Letting Katie in and then off to the men's breakfast...

Offline imnukensc

• Water Stone
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2013, 07:32:26 AM »
Low of about 45 this morning headed to a high of 72 on a beautiful sunny day.  Yard work today........clean up from burning the brush pile last weekend, mow grass (Yes!  Already!!), spread fire ant killer all over for this year's one time treatment, and plant tomatoes.
The universe is made up of protons, neutrons, electrons, and morons.

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2013, 08:00:52 AM »
40 degrees this morning.  And we got a little rain overnight, not a lot but its a start and hopefully more is one the way.
(Mark Twain)

Offline WoodsWoman

• Diamond Stone
  • Minnesota
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2013, 10:29:41 AM »
This morning we are at 37*.   We had a good snow squall come through yesterday but then it turned to rain.   It rained again this morning.   And for as dark as it is to the west we will be getting more rain soon.   We still have 2 foot drifts hanging on out there.

Stan I'm glad to hear your getting some rain.

Poor Katie.. she doesnt look happy. 

WW.

Offline Bearhunter

• Water Stone
Morning Roll Call
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2013, 11:17:27 AM »
Upper 30's and rainy. We might get a little snow over the weekend. 
I'll believe it when I see it :shrug:

Offline kanukkarhu

• Diamond Stone
Morning Roll Call
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2013, 03:28:36 PM »
Poor Katie.. she doesnt look happy. 
She isn't happy. I kicked her outside again so I could grab my phone snap a little "white snow on black dog" piccy.

She was inconvenienced. Silly me.

Offline WoodsWoman

• Diamond Stone
  • Minnesota
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2013, 03:34:16 PM »
LOL KK.   With six dogs we do get 'mobile snowbanks'  now and then in the wintertime.   Funny thing is.. two dogs LOVE being out in the snow and you can hardly get them to come in.  One freaks out if he see's just one flake, and two girls who think its waaaay beneath then to squat in cold snow...  and the last one could care less on any weather.

WW.

Offline kanukkarhu

• Diamond Stone
Morning Roll Call
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2013, 03:41:22 PM »
LOL KK.   With six dogs we do get 'mobile snowbanks'  now and then in the wintertime.   Funny thing is.. two dogs LOVE being out in the snow and you can hardly get them to come in.  One freaks out if he see's just one flake, and two girls who think its waaaay beneath then to squat in cold snow...  and the last one could care less on any weather.

WW.
Dogs is weird, eh? :shrug:

Katie's our resident octogenarian. She's kinda bossy, cranky and at times a little sloppy with her personal hygiene... :rolleyes:

But she's earned her retirement spot in the kitchen/dining room corner.

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2013, 09:32:26 AM »
33 degrees this morning and a light rain all night long.  I hope it goes on all day.  We are ecstatic about the rain.  Today is work in the shop repairing some things I broke yesterday.  A boom buster nozzle broke on my big sprayer and the three point attachment on my blade cracked. 

The female of the pair of geese who nest every year on the island in the reservoir is on the nest.  Hope it works for them this year.  Most years they lose from half to all of the goslings to predators.

(Mark Twain)

Offline Bearhunter

• Water Stone
Morning Roll Call
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2013, 10:21:31 AM »
Around 20 F this morning with light snow.

Offline BENCH

• Mill File+
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2013, 03:26:34 PM »
It was 70 here this morning with 10-20mph  winds.

Got Banana Peppers put in.  12 plants

Tomatoes and bell pepper tonight or tomorrow.

Offline WoodsWoman

• Diamond Stone
  • Minnesota
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2013, 03:34:07 PM »
Now Bench, dontcha think its about time you let loose of that warm weather and send it northwards?  Mmmmm?     :-* O:-) :-*

I'm to the point I'm gonna just go back to hibernation... yup.. just crawl under the ol' quilts and not come out until June...   

My lil peppers sprouted and poked out yesterday.   We saved the seeds out of those tiny mini peppers we bought at the store..those are the ones that sprouted.    I'm still waiting for the 40 something tomatoes and another 20 something california,habanero,cayenne and banana peppers to show.

WW.

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2013, 08:01:11 AM »
13 degrees above this morning.  A lot of snow, probably 8", and its still coming down.  Drifts are not too bad at this time.  Another 4" to 8" today and tonight.  Winds to 30 are coming. 

Not much to do here today, the cows and calves are holed up in the cattails below the reservoir.  We needed this.

(Mark Twain)

Offline wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2013, 08:06:07 AM »
36 here this morning and we actually got some light RAIN last night, accompanied by thunder, which I hadn't heard for a couple of years!  More could come.  We certainly need it!

Offline Bearhunter

• Water Stone
Morning Roll Call
« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2013, 10:22:48 AM »
It was around 15 degrees F this morning. It's only about 20 right now (10:22 am).

Offline PetrifiedWood

• Administrator
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2013, 11:01:23 AM »
Cold and windy this morning. Just took this picture out the back window. It snowed a good bit last night.

Offline WoodsWoman

• Diamond Stone
  • Minnesota
« Reply #42 on: April 09, 2013, 11:08:36 AM »
Umm.. PW???   Is that drop off right out your back door?   Holy Crap.. thats a long way down.     

Beautiful country with that white snow on it. 

WW. 

Offline Bearhunter

• Water Stone
Morning Roll Call
« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2013, 11:11:15 AM »
Umm.. PW???   Is that drop off right out your back door?   Holy Crap.. thats a long way down.     

Beautiful country with that white snow on it. 

WW.

Yeah that's defiantly some beautiful country you live in there PW :thumbsup:

Offline PetrifiedWood

• Administrator
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2013, 11:13:50 AM »
It's not as steep as it looks. But it is a bit too steep to walk down without a rope. There are actually some stairs there and they lead down to a cellar. You can see in the bottom right of the picture the shape of the cellar roof. The bottom of the gully is about 30 or 40 feet down or so. :)

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
« Reply #45 on: April 10, 2013, 09:03:59 AM »
22 degrees this morning.  Snowed most of the night and still going at this time.  I would guess there is over a foot now.  The high winds have not shown up and I hope they don't. 

Morning rounds checking calves and water tanks showed everything to be okay.  Glad for that.  I can push out to the county road in the truck so, so far, we won't need to plow.

This storm saved western South Dakota from a grim summer with no pasture.  It will also grow some hay.  We are all smiling this week.  I used my Mora to chip ice off the chains on the feed lot and thats all the bushcraft I will probably do today.
(Mark Twain)

Offline WoodsWoman

• Diamond Stone
  • Minnesota
« Reply #46 on: April 10, 2013, 09:18:06 AM »
Thats real good to hear , Stan!!      So far we've missed out on any moisture.  whew.  But it still says 100% snow tomorrow.   35* outside, and very windy. 

WW.

Offline MtnManJoe

• Whetstone +
  • PNW (N Oregon Coast)
« Reply #47 on: April 10, 2013, 09:31:39 AM »
G'Mornin' B&B
49 degrees, and Raining .. UGH
 ... welcome to the Oregon Coast .. lol

~Joe
2016 Personal Goals: Tweak/Optimize Kit || 10 Day Hikes || 50 Nights in 'The Bush'
"Take a course in good water and air; and in the eternal youth of Nature you may renew your own. Go quietly, alone; no harm will befall you."

Offline BENCH

• Mill File+
« Reply #48 on: April 11, 2013, 05:18:25 AM »
Good morning B&B

Mid 40's here this morning after raining all night, but the sun will come out later today.

One more good rain and the pollen should no longer turn everything yellow.

Have a great day!!!

Offline Wilderbeast

• Vendor
  • Water Stone
  • Member #007
    • Military Spec Surplus
« Reply #49 on: April 11, 2013, 05:41:27 AM »
Good Morning everyone. 

Yesterday it hit 78 degrees, its 58 at 7:00 am this morning, we may break 80.

Our several year long drought ended 4 years ago, this year we are 4 inches ahead of "normal" precipitation. 

Everything is getting green.
Upon this a question arises: whether it be better to be loved than feared or feared than loved? One should wish to be both, but, because it is difficult to unite them in one person, it is much safer to be feared than loved.