Author Topic: Morning Roll Call  (Read 55287 times)

Offline imnukensc

• Water Stone
Re: Morning Roll Call
« Reply #150 on: May 19, 2013, 05:59:16 PM »
Wonderul temps the past couple days in the mid to upper 70's, but raining off and on.  Did manage to get the yard mowed in between light showers, drying out, and more light showers.
The universe is made up of protons, neutrons, electrons, and morons.

Offline MATT CHAOS

• Friction Fire Fellowship
  • Water Stone
  • M.E.S.H. Knives
« Reply #151 on: May 20, 2013, 05:45:20 AM »
At 0644hrs Central Time, it is 74*.  There is a 40% chance of rain but it is nice to far.
Jontok Bushy Approved    Member#28   
1st Aid/CPR/AED Wilderness 1st Aid Instructor

Offline treez

• Whetstone +
« Reply #152 on: May 20, 2013, 06:15:27 AM »
08:13 eastern time &68? herein SW Ohio. Supposed to ho up to 90?. Should be a nice muggy day in the woods.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Offline Bryan Breeden

• Whetstone +
« Reply #153 on: May 20, 2013, 06:29:10 AM »
Good morning all,

This morning is nice and cool and  sunny in.  High 50s right now.  going to get up to the mid to high 70s.

Beauty of  morning  for heading to the lake  for a walk with Kelly Girl. 

Bryan
My vendor Subforum  Breeden knives.
Breeden Knives

Offline Binalith

• Water Stone
« Reply #154 on: May 20, 2013, 06:54:22 AM »
I was up at 5:30 and it was in the 40's almost 9 now and shaping up to be in the 70's again. good day for a readin and a carvin

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
« Reply #155 on: May 20, 2013, 09:22:35 AM »
42 degrees here at 7:00 AM.  Soft rain all night with a little wind.  Another .95 inch so we are over 2.75" for this last five days.  I shut the irrigation pipeline off yesterday.  We are done for a month or so.  Hurray!

This storm was really welcome after getting no moisture last year.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns  something he can learn in no other way. 
(Mark Twain)

Offline MATT CHAOS

• Water Stone
  • M.E.S.H. Knives
« Reply #156 on: May 21, 2013, 05:58:34 AM »
It is 62* at 0652 hours Central Time.  We had some pretty heavy thunder storms last night.  Today should be ok with 50% of more thunder storms.

I'm in the South Suburbs of Chicago, IL.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 02:46:53 PM by MATT CHAOS »
Jontok Bushy Approved    Member#28   
1st Aid/CPR/AED Wilderness 1st Aid Instructor

Offline Bryan Breeden

• Whetstone +
« Reply #157 on: May 21, 2013, 06:56:04 AM »
Morning all,

We are having some nice cool mornings this week.  Almost chilly.  Sunny again so far this morning.
For  this mornings walk Kelly Girl and I are headed to the river and walk in the woods there.

Have a good day all,

Bryan
My vendor Subforum  Breeden knives.
Breeden Knives

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
« Reply #158 on: May 21, 2013, 08:44:25 AM »
This weather has put a smile on every ranchers face.  It is still raining, we are over 3.25" now.  Its running a little water, my reservoir is full, its a green as it gets, and when the sun shows up again things are gonna pop. 

Our joy over the moisture is tempered by the tragic events in Oklahoma.  Our prayers are with those people.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns  something he can learn in no other way. 
(Mark Twain)

Offline Bearhunter

• Water Stone
Morning Roll Call
« Reply #159 on: June 27, 2013, 01:30:26 PM »
Well it looks like the nice and cool weather is over for the summer :(

There's a HEAT WAVE coming over the next few days.
It's suppose to almost hit 100* in Missoula and close to 90* up here...

I am NOT happy about it :pissed:

When's September going to get here :P
Don't wait until it's too late to live your dream!

Offline WoodsWoman

• Diamond Stone
  • Minnesota
« Reply #160 on: June 27, 2013, 01:46:33 PM »
Yikes, Bear..  dats hot!    I start melting at 82*  :)   Please be careful and keep an eye out for fires.. 

Its so warm in the house here I'm about to haul all the carving stuff to the picnic table and carve out there in the pines shade.   I was out there yesterday and had a small painter turtle laying eggs about two yards from my feet.  She wasn't very talkative....so I did all the talking.  :)

WW.
On particularly rough days when I'm sure I can't possibly endure, I like to remind myself that my track record for getting through bad days so far is 100% and that's pretty good.

Offline Bearhunter

• Water Stone
Morning Roll Call
« Reply #161 on: June 27, 2013, 01:55:10 PM »
Yikes, Bear..  dats hot!    I start melting at 82*  :)   Please be careful and keep an eye out for fires.. 

Its so warm in the house here I'm about to haul all the carving stuff to the picnic table and carve out there in the pines shade.   I was out there yesterday and had a small painter turtle laying eggs about two yards from my feet.  She wasn't very talkative....so I did all the talking.  :)

WW.

LOL... I start melting @ 80* :P

I'm sure that turtles are good listeners ;)

Offline wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
  • "You want a toe? I can get you a toe." -Sobchak
« Reply #162 on: June 27, 2013, 02:17:03 PM »

WW.

The flowers appeare on the earth, the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land.

Song of Solomon.   Chapter 2  Verse 12 O:-)
The only chance you got at a education is listenin' to me talk!
Augustus McCrae.....Texas Ranger      Lonesome Dove, TX

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
« Reply #163 on: June 27, 2013, 03:10:11 PM »
Its getting into the 90's around here the last few days.  We had an inch of rain a week ago last Friday and things are still perked up.  Windy at times where I live and a few nasty storms to the south of us.  Big hail and high wind but so far we have not gotten hit.
(Mark Twain)

Offline WoodsWoman

• Diamond Stone
  • Minnesota
« Reply #164 on: June 27, 2013, 05:35:18 PM »
.. flowers of the Earth makes sense, so does the singing birds..   but..the voice of a turtle?  What does that mean? 

I stepped around three more painters in my garden half an hour ago one decided a cabbage plant would babysit her eggs I guess.   I don't mind them.. but those darn snappers give me the willies....  Had one in the yard so far. ick.

WW.
On particularly rough days when I'm sure I can't possibly endure, I like to remind myself that my track record for getting through bad days so far is 100% and that's pretty good.

Offline Bearhunter

• Water Stone
Morning Roll Call
« Reply #165 on: June 27, 2013, 05:44:39 PM »
.. flowers of the Earth makes sense, so does the singing birds..   but..the voice of a turtle?  What does that mean? 

I stepped around three more painters in my garden half an hour ago one decided a cabbage plant would babysit her eggs I guess.   I don't mind them.. but those darn snappers give me the willies....  Had one in the yard so far. ick.

WW.

WW, those snapping turtles make mighty fine turtle soup :drool:

Offline wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #166 on: June 27, 2013, 06:35:32 PM »

WW.

The King James version of The Bible has that verse as I quoted it and as it was interpreted then.   Subsequent versions in more modern times, change it from 'turtle' to 'turtledove', which makes more sense, but is not nearly as apropo to the opportunity that presented itself when you and Bearhunter were talking about listening and talking to turtles! 8)

Offline WoodsWoman

• Diamond Stone
  • Minnesota
« Reply #167 on: June 27, 2013, 07:37:17 PM »
So I suppose I deserved the look I got from Ms. Painter. I asked her if she could sing ....    I didn't get nothing but a blank stare so I went back to grilling pork chops and watching her boogie her way down the hill to the lake.   

I love the sounds of doves cooing in the morning.   

Thanks for the explanation.

WW

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
« Reply #168 on: September 23, 2013, 09:33:39 AM »
Since its just after the Autumal equinox the weather has started to turn.  Raining here today, soft rain all night.  While it will do the alfalfa some good it makes picking apples and grading the driveway a lost cause.  But when it quits the driveway will grade flat easily.  Its a good day for a fire in the woodstove and some hot coffee.  Got out my oilskin coat that I re-proofed a couple of months ago and my old rubber irrigators. 
(Mark Twain)

Offline rlrfox

• Mill File
« Reply #169 on: September 23, 2013, 10:13:06 AM »
Right now 80 and sunny int the Tuscaloosa area. High of 84 and low of 68.

Offline zammer

• Water Stone
« Reply #170 on: September 23, 2013, 10:27:57 AM »
Got down to 48F last night and climbing all the way up to 60F today, beautiful blue sky and Simpson's clouds, it's a good day...fall is in the air and the leaves are starting to turn.
"big fish like to live in bad places, that's how they get to be big fish"

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
« Reply #171 on: November 05, 2013, 08:31:59 AM »
29 degrees F this morning, two inches of snow.  Not too windy yet so its tolerable outside.

We cut and loaded a truck load of wood yesterday and its parked in the barn so we won't have to clean off the wood pile this storm.  Might get to burn those tree limbs we piled up after the big storm went through last month too. 

We might drop into the mid teens tonight and that would be the coldest temperature so far this fall.

(Mark Twain)

Offline wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #172 on: November 05, 2013, 08:44:02 AM »
33* here.....3-5" snow predicted for today & tonite :-\.     Took the duals & chisel plough off the tractor yesterday......plan to change the oil in it today & get new tires on the pickup at Co-op, shovel snow! >:(

Offline Spyder1958

• Water Stone
  • Kracaneuner Tribe
« Reply #173 on: November 05, 2013, 08:54:10 AM »
Morning all,
Warm 77 deg.here in Plant city this morning at 10:30. lite breeze.

Doctor drained 100cc fluid from knee yesterday, sending me to get MRI, as soon as workerscomp Ins. gets it scheluded, hurry up wait. They did send a rehab solutions company out to the house with the neatest cooler and wrap to keep my knee iced. Its a small ice cooler you fill part way with water and finish off with ice. It plugs in to A/C and pumps ice cold water Thur two hoses into knee wrap and recirculates. Lots better than a ice pack and you can wear it all day. Very COOL ideal.
Getting plenty of time for reading, if I could stay awake, Drugs suck.
Have a great day B&B.
Spyder
You are free to choose but you are not free from the consequences of your choice.
Zig Ziglar

Offline WoodsWoman

• Diamond Stone
  • Minnesota
« Reply #174 on: November 05, 2013, 01:15:14 PM »
I guess Wolfy and Stan get to have all the snow fun this year...  *smirk*   We are in the 40's here and no snow predicted for a few days yet.   Do you suppose its Mother Natures way of kicking that drought out in your areas? 

Spyder..  I got to see the doc drain my hubby's knee once.  Holy Goodness that was a damn long needle..    Now when MY knee's go out the element of surprise wont be on my side.  I'll be hobblin for the door in escape....     I like the sound of that ice/pump/tubes thing...   Hubbys' ice packs are my salvation for my migraines.  These are big and have smaller single ice packs inside to float around in the blue stuff. They stay cold a long time.

Did I miss it somewhere? How did you injure your knee?

WW

Offline Moe M.

• Diamond Stone
« Reply #175 on: November 05, 2013, 02:15:07 PM »

I'm in no hurry for the cold or snow,  the days have been fairly warm hitting up into the fifties,  but as soon as the sun goes down it dips down into the thirties,  we've been getting a heavy frost for the last couple of weeks.
  I'm afraid that the snow is not far away,  we usually get our first snow fall here a week or so before Thanksgiving,  after that it's anyones guess.
In youth we learn,   with age we understand.

Offline Spyder1958

• Water Stone
  • Kracaneuner Tribe
« Reply #176 on: November 05, 2013, 02:46:36 PM »
I guess Wolfy and Stan get to have all the snow fun this year...  *smirk*   We are in the 40's here and no snow predicted for a few days yet.   Do you suppose its Mother Natures way of kicking that drought out in your areas? 

Spyder..  I got to see the doc drain my hubby's knee once.  Holy Goodness that was a damn long needle..    Now when MY knee's go out the element of surprise wont be on my side.  I'll be hobblin for the door in escape....     I like the sound of that ice/pump/tubes thing...   Hubbys' ice packs are my salvation for my migraines.  These are big and have smaller single ice packs inside to float around in the blue stuff. They stay cold a long time.

WW

WW, I step back and fell in a 3' hole at work, messed up knee pretty good on the 28 oct. I'm still waiting on the MRI, so Doc will know what to do.
You are free to choose but you are not free from the consequences of your choice.
Zig Ziglar

Offline Moe M.

• Diamond Stone
« Reply #177 on: November 05, 2013, 03:20:19 PM »

WW

WW, I step back and fell in a 3' hole at work, messed up knee pretty good on the 28 oct. I'm still waiting on the MRI, so Doc will know what to do.

I did almost the same about five years ago,  I was painting some trim on my second floor windows working off a ladder,  when I came down I had a paint pail in one hand and the brush in the other I thought I was on the last rung when I stepped off,  I was actually one rung up from that,  my knee twisted and that's all she wrote,  I went to a bone doctor and did the MRI,  it showed that I busted the cartilage in my knee,  I had to get it operated on,  they cleaned up the broken ends so that it didn't aggrivate the area,  but they can't replace cartilage,  so I had to learn to walk all over again after the cast came off,  it felt like one of those stick people that have joints tied with string,  and it still bothers me after all this time.

I know you're probably saying hey,  I don't need to hear this,  but the good news is it that it's all over pretty quick and relatively pain free,  but trying to scratch an itch under the cast will drive you nuts.     :rofl:

Seriously Bro,  sending you good wishes and a speedy recovery.    :thumbsup:
In youth we learn,   with age we understand.

Offline WoodsWoman

• Diamond Stone
  • Minnesota
« Reply #178 on: November 05, 2013, 05:42:29 PM »
Oh my Gosh, Spyder.. I'm wincing...  I'm so sorry.    That injury doesn't sound like it will go away by itself.  ouch.    Maybe we need to teach you how to carve so you have something to do ?  :) :) 

I was having a good day until I went to town for an apt.   My brake light came on and the ABS light went off.. and at the stop sign my car sat and revved until I went to reverse and back to drive..then it went..  so now I need to take IT to the doctor tomorrow.   *sigh*   Napa guy thinks my brakes locked up at the stop sign.  Gosh I hope its the brakes... tranny sounds expensive.

WW.

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
« Reply #179 on: November 21, 2013, 11:06:40 AM »
We had a front move in late in the afternoon yesterday and it dropped the temperature a lot.  It was 10 degrees this morning but not too windy so the wind chill was about 0.  This cold is supposed to be here until Sunday.  They are calling for 5 degrees tomorrow night.

(Mark Twain)

Offline wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #180 on: November 21, 2013, 11:19:50 AM »
We had a front move in late in the afternoon yesterday and it dropped the temperature a lot.  It was 10 degrees this morning but not too windy so the wind chill was about 0.  This cold is supposed to be here until Sunday.  They are calling for 5 degrees tomorrow night.

Whatever happens there, happens here the next day, Stan :-\

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
« Reply #181 on: November 21, 2013, 11:44:45 AM »
The NOAA site shows the bad weather to be south of the Black Hills and going south through most all of western Nebraska.  We missed the snow, got just a dusting.  Let us know when it gets over to your stick of the woods.
(Mark Twain)

Offline zammer

• Water Stone
« Reply #182 on: November 21, 2013, 11:54:04 AM »
Yesterday was cold and clear...today a little warmer/overcast but damp...tomorrow back to the cold

Here's the prediction for N.America....let us know if it rings true for your area

Offline Spyder1958

• Water Stone
  • Kracaneuner Tribe
« Reply #183 on: November 21, 2013, 11:56:55 AM »
I hope some of that comes on down here, I'm tired of running the AC.

Oh my Gosh, Spyder.. I'm wincing...  I'm so sorry.    That injury doesn't sound like it will go away by itself.  ouch.    Maybe we need to teach you how to carve so you have something to do ?  :) :) 

I was having a good day until I went to town for an apt.   My brake light came on and the ABS light went off.. and at the stop sign my car sat and revved until I went to reverse and back to drive..then it went..  so now I need to take IT to the doctor tomorrow.   *sigh*   Napa guy thinks my brakes locked up at the stop sign.  Gosh I hope its the brakes... tranny sounds expensive.

WW. 

WW, I'm doing ok, Been in rehab two weeks now and see the Doc. on the 2 Dec. He wanted the fracture to heal some I guess and see how the rehab helped with mobility. He doesn't want to cut. Good thing I guess, as long as it heals up good.
How your car do at the doc, WW?

Thanks Moe, I know what you mean about a stick leg, The rehab guy is happy with my progress, I can get it almost full straight, and bending about 75 percent, with little pain. I've been putting some weight on it to test it out and boy learning to walk right again will take some time. Because of the fracture in the lower socket, I can't stand with full weight yet, but I lean on it some and don't feel any pain when I do.
I hope I don't get put in no cast, that would suck bad. The brace is bad enough and when it starts itching, I can take it off, and just sit down. The crutches are a pain to tote around all the time as well.
Have a great day,
Spyder
Zig Ziglar

Offline WoodsWoman

• Diamond Stone
  • Minnesota
« Reply #184 on: November 21, 2013, 03:14:17 PM »
It got cold here..  low of 9* tonight and in two days just about 0.  ugh.   Had a dusting of snow this morning.    Back up to the 20's in a few days again. 

This must be that artic blast that gave Alaska problems a week ago?

WW.

Offline wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #185 on: November 21, 2013, 05:05:48 PM »
I was out in a 28 mph wind on the seat of a cabless tractor today with a temperature of 25* running a disc over the cornstalks.......'bout froze to death! :fire2:

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
« Reply #186 on: November 21, 2013, 05:09:53 PM »
I was out in a 28 mph wind on the seat of a cabless tractor today with a temperature of 25* running a disc over the cornstalks.......'bout froze to death! :fire2:

I feel for you wolfy.   Hope you had  :camp: :coffee:  when it was over.
(Mark Twain)

Offline WoodsWoman

• Diamond Stone
  • Minnesota
« Reply #187 on: November 21, 2013, 05:20:22 PM »
It was windy here when they disked down the cornfield a week or so ago.  I was in the yard and thought it had started to snow..  but it was in the high 40's...  The husks were blowing through... LOL   Looked like a snowstorm just outside of the woods.

I hope you warmed up , Wolfy. 

WW.

Offline Red

• Maker of Sub-Par Knives
  • Global Moderator
  • Water Stone
  • Scorched Earther
« Reply #188 on: November 21, 2013, 05:38:10 PM »
"Big drama next few hours.. But whatever happens, no matter what they tell you.. Don't let 'em take them chains off me.."

Offline WoodsWoman

• Diamond Stone
  • Minnesota
« Reply #189 on: November 21, 2013, 07:22:07 PM »
**sigh**  80's.. I remember those...   

I think I'd act funny if I experienced 80* weather in November.....   *twitch,twitch*

WW.

Offline trentu

• Whetstone +
« Reply #190 on: November 22, 2013, 05:40:00 AM »
Cold with icy and snow covered roads here in Iowa. Had to drive about 40mph to work this morning. :( Plenty of cars in the ditch.
Act or be Acted Upon!

Offline diogenes

• Charred Cloth Challenge
  • Water Stone
  • Winding down.
« Reply #191 on: November 22, 2013, 05:54:08 AM »
40 degrees and cloudy. And just gonna get colder as the day goes on. We've got a cold weekend ahead of us here. :(
"Go away," Chuang Tzu said. "I'm dragging my tail in the mud."

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
« Reply #192 on: November 22, 2013, 07:38:23 AM »
5 degrees and calm.  Blue Sky this morning.  The reservoir is frozen over and I will turn on the stock tanks today.  If the wind stays down it might be a good day and get into the high twenties.   :P
(Mark Twain)

Offline wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #193 on: November 22, 2013, 09:16:46 AM »
7 degrees here this morning.....looks like I'm done with fall tillage for this season :shrug:    The ground gets frozen and then you start breaking disc blades :doh:    I'm sitting by the fire and drinking my second pot right now :coffee: :coffee:

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
« Reply #194 on: November 22, 2013, 02:10:21 PM »
I missed the high for today, its a touch over 30 degrees F at the moment.  Stock tank heater is working and, so far (make knock on wood sound) nothing is frozen up.
(Mark Twain)

Offline diogenes

• Charred Cloth Challenge
  • Water Stone
  • Winding down.
« Reply #195 on: November 22, 2013, 02:57:53 PM »
7 degrees here this morning.....looks like I'm done with fall tillage for this season :shrug:    The ground gets frozen and then you start breaking disc blades :doh:    I'm sitting by the fire and drinking my second pot right now :coffee: :coffee:

Heh. I guess I can't really complain then. It'll be below freezing this weekend, but 7 degrees is a ways off at this point. :P
"Go away," Chuang Tzu said. "I'm dragging my tail in the mud."

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
« Reply #196 on: November 24, 2013, 08:25:43 AM »
Cold and clear again this morning.  8 degrees F at 6:00 AM.  Frost on everything that ain't moving.  Should get to the low 40's today. 
(Mark Twain)

Offline zammer

• Water Stone
« Reply #197 on: November 24, 2013, 08:43:46 AM »
It is a piping 20 F this morn and sunny, just shows how much the Great Lakes can moderate temps in the Fall or we'd be single digits like you folks to the west.

Offline BigHat

• Water Stone
  • hobo-crafter
    • BigHat Youtube
« Reply #198 on: November 24, 2013, 08:49:57 AM »
Its around 30 here. Walked the dog in the woods, need to feed critters and clean up the gear thats scattered everywhere.
"you're doing it wrong!"  -everyone
"Doesn't matter what knife you're good with, if you're good with a knife." -Yeoman

Offline imnukensc

• Water Stone
« Reply #199 on: November 24, 2013, 08:56:28 AM »
High of 45 today, clear, and windy.  That's cold for here.  Low 20's tomorrow morning.
The universe is made up of protons, neutrons, electrons, and morons.