Author Topic: Hennessy Expedition, First time Hammock  (Read 1957 times)

Offline upthecreek

• Charred Cloth Challenge
  • Global Moderator
  • Diamond Stone
  • Friction Fire Fellowship & River Rat
    • my youtube
Hennessy Expedition, First time Hammock
« on: March 11, 2012, 05:22:58 PM »
I got a Hennessy Expedition and took it out for the first time today, I read the instructions first. Wasn't hard to set up. I learned some things but it was easy.

Here is a vid and a couple pics.

Here is the sack as I got it.

Was little trouble to get the hammock up, I'm sure I made mistakes, but I'm sure I'll do better next time.

You attach the fly to the main cord. My set up was actually just a little short. My tress were about 12 feet apart. I used the extra suspension cord to loft my fly.

View from below. Me and the doggie got in it and I had to exit because I was afraid I'd fall asleep.

My mean little dog

Here it is coiled in the snake skins..this takes some practice too. I was able to get everything back in the sack pretty easy. Very fun and comfy!

Creek
Axes Rock!

Offline Barbarossa Bushman

• Water Stone
  • A sense of humor is a good thing
Re: Hennessy Expedition, First time Hammock
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2012, 06:26:50 PM »
Good review I moved to above ground too most of the time easier on the old bones. I just subscribed to your youtube channel.
"When times get rough and times get hard, the fat get skinny and the skinny die. Good thing you had a little fat on you when you did." An old friend

Offline upthecreek

• Global Moderator
  • Diamond Stone
    • my youtube
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2012, 06:29:14 PM »
thanks
Axes Rock!

Offline PetrifiedWood

• Friction Fire Fellowship
  • Administrator
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2012, 12:58:10 PM »
Thanks for posting! I didn't know they packed down inside tubes like that. I have a Grand Trunk ultra light that I haven't taken out of the sack yet so I don't know what to expect. but I'm hoping to give it a shot this summer if I can find some Junipers tall enough and close enough together. :D

Offline Dano

• Diamond Stone
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2012, 01:11:37 PM »
Nice vid Creek!  I'm still trying to learn which method is better: having sag in the hammock or having it pulled tight.   I have a couple different models and both of them recommend starting out with the hammock tight.

Does your have a ridgeline inside the bug netting?   I guess that makes a difference too...

Lots to learn!!

Offline upthecreek

• Global Moderator
  • Diamond Stone
    • my youtube
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2012, 03:01:08 PM »
Mine does have a ridgeline inside the netting, I still needs lots of practice too. I guess you could say this hang sagged. It sure seemed comfy! I think my next thing will be to upgrade the hardware some. Probably unnecessary if the truth be told but...you know how it is :)
Axes Rock!

Offline Wilderbeast

• Vendor
  • Water Stone
  • Member #007
    • Military Spec Surplus
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2012, 07:44:51 PM »
I'm glad to see it worked out for you and your little dog too.
Upon this a question arises: whether it be better to be loved than feared or feared than loved? One should wish to be both, but, because it is difficult to unite them in one person, it is much safer to be feared than loved.