Author Topic: Sportsman's guide Croatian packs  (Read 3738 times)

Offline Angerland

• Whetstone +
  • North Woodsman
    • North Woodsman
Sportsman's guide Croatian packs
« on: April 25, 2013, 04:56:07 PM »
Hey all,

I saw these while idly browsing today and what can I say, I ordered up 2 pair.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/2-pk-of-used-croatian-military-padded-shoulder-bags.aspx?a=1177644

I'm hoping these will work for my three kids as day packs for the time being. My oldest is 9 an the youngest is 4 so i think these will work well. The pack already have theiri own Finn gas mask bags, but even with the shouldr strapped tightened up all the way they are pretty long on the kids.

Should get the bags in the next week or so and I will be putting up a review of them if any one is interested.

If any of you aready has one I would love to hear what you think.

Thanks!
"We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home."

Offline Bearhunter

• Water Stone
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2013, 04:57:57 PM »
I don't have one, but they look cool. :)
Don't wait until it's too late to live your dream!

Offline wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
  • "You want a toe? I can get you a toe." -Sobchak
Re: Sportsman's guide Croatian packs
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2013, 05:04:00 PM »
That'd be a heckuvalot better than the improvised 'pillow case' pack that I tried to get by with as a kid! >:(.  My guess is, they'll be tickled pink with those......they're certainly cheap enough! :thumbsup:
The only chance you got at a education is listenin' to me talk!
Augustus McCrae.....Texas Ranger      Lonesome Dove, TX

Offline Bryan Breeden

• Friction Fire Fellowship
  • Whetstone +
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2013, 05:12:07 PM »
Cool.  I bet they work for day packs just fine.  Let know what you think when you get them.

Bryan
My vendor Subforum  Breeden knives.
Breeden Knives

Offline Bearhunter

• Water Stone
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2013, 05:12:46 PM »
That'd be a heckuvalot better than the improvised 'pillow case' pack that I tried to get by with as a kid! >:(.  My guess is, they'll be tickled pink with those......they're certainly cheap enough! :thumbsup:

Would you like some cheese with your whine :lol: :P

Offline wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2013, 05:23:43 PM »

I think my folks thought I'd appreciate the brand new Oficial B.S.A. Yucca Pack more, that I got for Christmas that year. :banana:

Offline Bearhunter

• Water Stone
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2013, 05:24:41 PM »

I think my folks thought I'd appreciate the brand new Oficial B.S.A. Yucca Pack more, that I got for Christmas that year. :banana:

Do ya still have it 8)

Offline wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2013, 05:29:24 PM »

Do ya still have it 8)

As a matter of fact, I do! :rofl:   I ran on to it, up on a shelf out at the farm, but the canvas has gotten kind of old and rotten.  I was going to give it to a local kid, but it's too far gone for that :(

Offline Bearhunter

• Water Stone
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2013, 05:32:31 PM »

Do ya still have it 8)

As a matter of fact, I do! :rofl:   I ran on to it, up on a shelf out at the farm, but the canvas has gotten kind of old and rotten.  I was going to give it to a local kid, but it's too far gone for that :(

:(

Offline hunter63

• Water Stone
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2013, 06:37:07 PM »
I can recall the seed sack I used, till I move up to a musette bag I received from MF in the 1950's....had two, a ratted out one, and a almost new one.

Friends were jealous and walked off with the new one...so used the old 'army pack" for a year or so...and then found my "new bag" up in a tree, full of acorns and squirrel nest stuff.
They hid it,... as it was the only one around, and couldn't use it with out giving it away.

So I have used it off and on for a lot of years, including a carry bag for my lunch riding the motorcycle to work.

Folks...It still sorta alive...LOL

Use it for a kit bag on the 4 wheeler now, kinda an old friend.

Every time I see a surplus bag bring back memories
Geezer Squad, Evoking the 50 year old rule..First 50 years, worried about the small stuff, second 50 years....Not so much

Offline Rowjr

• Whetstone +
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2013, 08:17:43 PM »
Pretty cool

Offline Angerland

• Whetstone +
  • North Woodsman
    • North Woodsman
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2013, 04:32:21 PM »
Sorry I have been lax in getting a review out. I will work one up here in the next few days. Needless to say I am with mixed feelings about them. Of the 4 I got I would say one is good to go right out of the box, 2 are just ok and the 4th, well, the 4th is going to need some work. I will get something back out here for you all in a jiff
"We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home."