Author Topic: Stickies  (Read 2096 times)

Offline WoodsWoman

• Diamond Stone
  • Minnesota
Stickies
« on: March 11, 2012, 08:09:25 PM »

I'm wondering how to make a sticky?  Do we do it or do we ask for one to be made?

I'd like to have one in the cooking area so we can keep recipes posted in one area?    Now that we are still young, it would be easier to keep on top of saving recipes at the top? 

Its been a frustration at other places with poor search functions to find a recipe for something you read, liked, and four months later had the ingredients but couldnt find the recipe back.   

Is this a possibility?

WW. 

On particularly rough days when I'm sure I can't possibly endure, I like to remind myself that my track record for getting through bad days so far is 100% and that's pretty good.

Offline Frugal Bohemian

• Whetstone +
Re: Stickies
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2012, 08:32:22 AM »
That would be very, very helpful IMO.  One single repository for camp recipes. 

Don't know if it's possible (or even desirable?) to, but maybe even break it down into a few sub-categories like Desserts, Soups, Meat, Etc.

Just a thought
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me. It'll happen to you..."
- Abraham Jay-Jedediah "Abe" Simpson

Offline Yeoman

• Water Stone
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2012, 08:33:11 AM »
here, here!
"Learning: a continuation of the failure process"

Offline Saintnick001

• Supporting Member
  • Water Stone
  • Bushcrafter and pumpkin carver extraordinaire
    • Portfolio of Nick Grohs
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2012, 09:21:58 AM »
I like the sticky if we can all keep it clutter free. Like posting only recipes in that particular thread.
One idea is to post a new thread in the cooking section for a new dish you made or something. Then post a simple "how to" in the recipe sticky.
"Well, at least it's not a femur through the pelvis."

Offline MATT CHAOS

• Friction Fire Fellowship
  • Water Stone
  • M.E.S.H. Knives
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2012, 10:20:05 AM »
What exactly is a sticky?
Jontok Bushy Approved    Member#28   
1st Aid/CPR/AED Wilderness 1st Aid Instructor

Offline madmax

• Diamond Stone
  • The Phoenix
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2012, 10:28:45 AM »
I thought she said stinkies and was wondering what you could repurpose those for...
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving pretty with a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways in a cloud of smoke, thouroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, Wow! What a ride!" 
Hunter S, Thompson

Offline PetrifiedWood

• Administrator
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2012, 11:21:31 AM »
We can do that no problem. But, in order to keep it neat and easily searchable it would be best to keep it strictly to recipes.

Offline WoodsWoman

• Diamond Stone
  • Minnesota
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2012, 12:56:43 PM »
Thank you , PW.    I did forget to ask that its JUST for recipes.   You beat me to it. :)   

WW.
On particularly rough days when I'm sure I can't possibly endure, I like to remind myself that my track record for getting through bad days so far is 100% and that's pretty good.

Offline PetrifiedWood

• Administrator
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2012, 01:53:01 PM »
You're welcome! It's a good idea. It will be easier to find recipes if they are all collected in one thread.

Another thing that would help for individual recipe threads is to put  "recipe" in the title. This will help when folks use thee search function to find recipes. Other keywords like "chicken", or "dessert" can help people search as well. The more descriptive the title, the easier it will be to find later on.

Offline upthecreek

• Charred Cloth Challenge
  • Global Moderator
  • Diamond Stone
  • Friction Fire Fellowship & River Rat
    • my youtube
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2012, 07:49:29 AM »
I thought she said stinkies and was wondering what you could repurpose those for...
Killed me! :) :)

Axes Rock!