Author Topic: Becker Tweeners hit the market  (Read 4829 times)

Offline Highlife

• Water Stone
  • Sometimes more is more.
Becker Tweeners hit the market
« on: March 12, 2012, 06:49:21 AM »
Just in case you guys are chomping at the bit, you can get these 1st production run Beckers here.

http://www.smkw.com/webapp/eCommerce/products/becker/Ka-Bar%C2%AE+Ethan+Becker+Signautre+First+Production+Run+Combat+Knife+-+Drop+Point/KABK16S.html

If someone would like to buy me a BK-16, I wouldn't complain ;)
What's that smell?

Offline GrowlingBear

• Whetstone +
Re: Becker Tweeners hit the market
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2012, 08:27:53 AM »
Yeah, I want one of those as well.  I think I'll wait until the regular production run comes out without the etching and higher price, since it will just get stripped anyway.
Is there such a thing as too many knives?

Offline Highlife

• Water Stone
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2012, 09:51:51 AM »
I think the 'normal' production ones will have a lower pricepoint, AND some design changes.  For one, I think they're going to be full height flat ground, and the BK&T logo will be laser etched instead of stamped. I'll probably wait, too.
What's that smell?

Offline rogumpogum

• Water Stone
  • I like pickles.
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2012, 10:08:03 AM »
Yeah for a lesser price you can get a BK2 and have more knife... Waiting is good. Still not sure I'll go back to that style of blade though. I'm getting into this traditional stuffs...

Still, Ethan makes a helluva knife.
"My common sense is tingling..."

Offline Highlife

• Water Stone
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2012, 10:22:46 AM »
I can appreciate both traditional (wood and leather) as well as modern designs.

Also, as I understand, the street price will be around $65.

As for comparison with the BK2, "more knife" is not necessarily what everyone wants or needs. Heck, they're both Beckers, so if they were in the same comparison style, why would they make both?  The whole point of this knife is to be a more lightweight, carry-able, nimble option for people who don't dig the 1/4" thick monster that the BK2 is.  For me, I tend to prefer the smaller, more narrow blade for carving, cutting food, etc. I don't chop or do heavy splitting with my knives. To each their own.

I'm looking forward to this knife, as I don't (and won't) own a BK2, but I like some of the Becker designs.  But heck, who says you can't have both?
What's that smell?

Offline MATT CHAOS

• Friction Fire Fellowship
  • Water Stone
  • M.E.S.H. Knives
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2012, 10:27:22 AM »
I have been wanting these since I had heard about them a few months ago.  Of course, now that they are out, I don't have the money to get them and have to wait some more.
Jontok Bushy Approved    Member#28   
1st Aid/CPR/AED Wilderness 1st Aid Instructor

Offline Red

• Maker of Sub-Par Knives
  • Global Moderator
  • Water Stone
  • Scorched Earther
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2012, 11:30:33 AM »
you guys would be better off investing in one of PW's Intrepid knives :)
"Big drama next few hours.. But whatever happens, no matter what they tell you.. Don't let 'em take them chains off me.."

Offline Highlife

• Water Stone
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2012, 11:42:45 AM »
I totally would, but I don't have $200+ for one... What a sexy knife, though. So is that new woodie design you're making!
What's that smell?

Offline Red

• Maker of Sub-Par Knives
  • Global Moderator
  • Water Stone
  • Scorched Earther
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2012, 03:03:44 PM »
I totally would, but I don't have $200+ for one... What a sexy knife, though. So is that new woodie design you're making!

thanks man! PW's knife is worth the coin, even if it takes a month to save for it. then, when you are out with all your friends, and they whip out their little tweeners, you can whip out a bad ass custom and put them all to shame :P
"Big drama next few hours.. But whatever happens, no matter what they tell you.. Don't let 'em take them chains off me.."

Offline PetrifiedWood

• Administrator
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2012, 03:51:07 PM »
Thank for the plug, Red!

But I understand the desire to buy production knives, I have several myself. These new Beckers fill a niche in their line that needed filling. If you're a Becker collector, you're going to need one regardless.

As for my Intrepid, I'll be making another one soon. ;)

Offline wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
  • "You want a toe? I can get you a toe." -Sobchak
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2012, 04:26:40 PM »
It would be nice to see a few more specifics on this knife, too.  I imagine those will be available in the 'people's' version, when they come out.  The BK-2 is a nice knife, but just too danged thick for most things I need a knife for.
The only chance you got at a education is listenin' to me talk!
Augustus McCrae.....Texas Ranger      Lonesome Dove, TX

Offline Highlife

• Water Stone
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2012, 07:07:35 AM »
thanks man! PW's knife is worth the coin, even if it takes a month to save for it. then, when you are out with all your friends, and they whip out their little tweeners, you can whip out a bad ass custom and put them all to shame :P

Well, no reason not to have all three!

Thank for the plug, Red!

But I understand the desire to buy production knives, I have several myself. These new Beckers fill a niche in their line that needed filling. If you're a Becker collector, you're going to need one regardless.

As for my Intrepid, I'll be making another one soon. ;)

I'll be looking forward to seeing another! Hopefully not Halloween themed this time! Great work, PW.
What's that smell?

Offline The Warrior

• Whetstone +
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2012, 04:38:52 PM »
I have the FPR BK16. I like it a lot, but the handle doesn't quite fit my hand correctly. It's a bit short. Not sure what I'm going to do with it yet.
Weshecat-too-weh! Weshecat-welo k'weshe laweh-pah!