Author Topic: Car/canoe tent  (Read 1730 times)

Offline AnthonyP

• Whetstone +
Car/canoe tent
« on: June 10, 2013, 08:02:39 PM »
What tent do you use for when you are not packing your tent on your back? I used an Eureka Timberline 4 and an old miners tent from Colorado Tent and Awning.

Offline Yeoman

• Water Stone
Re: Car/canoe tent
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2013, 08:11:01 PM »
I have two three person dome tents. Neither are brand-name. I got one 12 or so years ago and the other about 8 years ago. I mostly use them for car camping with my son. The rest of the time, I'm tarping it or sleeping in the bush.
"Learning: a continuation of the failure process"

Offline wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
  • "You want a toe? I can get you a toe." -Sobchak
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2013, 08:20:08 PM »
What tent do you use for when you are not packing your tent on your back? I used an Eureka Timberline 4 and an old miners tent from Colorado Tent and Awning.

The Eureka Timberline 4 is what we use in the canoe & on my wife's bike ride where a truck hauls everyone's gear to the next night's destination......gr eat tent!   

The 16' plains Indian tipi is our favorite for longer-term camping.....almost perfect tentage, if you didn't have to set it up and tear it down every couple of days! :-\
The only chance you got at a education is listenin' to me talk!
Augustus McCrae.....Texas Ranger      Lonesome Dove, TX

Offline OutdoorEnvy

• Water Stone
  • Outdoor Junky Approved
    • OutdoorEnvy
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2013, 07:08:42 AM »
I've got a coleman 4 person dome tent that I've had for around 10 years and it's still going strong.  It's held up way better than I ever thought it would to be honest. 
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 07:43:38 AM by OutdoorEnvy »
Proverbs 27:17    "As iron sharpens iron, a friend sharpens a friend"
http://outdoorenvy.blogspot.com/

Offline Frugal Bohemian

• Whetstone +
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2013, 07:43:11 AM »
We've got a Coleman Hooligan 3 person tent.  It's easily enough room for my wife and I plus our packs.  Our lab mutt sleeps in the vestibule, or if it's too cold there's room for her in the tent with us.  There's a million stakes for the fly, but when it's battened down it will ride out a pretty good storm, and it's never let us down.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me. It'll happen to you..."
- Abraham Jay-Jedediah "Abe" Simpson

Offline Quinn

• Whetstone +
    • boneleather
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2013, 01:42:31 PM »
I use an old canvas Thermos Pop Tent from the late sixties.  Still in good shape, that tent has been everywhere.  Lived a summer in it in British Columbia, been from east coast to west and back again many times.
The pix aren't of my tent, but one just like it found online ('cept mine's red)

virtue is nothing more than insufficient temptation

Offline werewolf won

• Water Stone
  • TANSTAAFL
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2013, 01:50:59 PM »

The Eureka Timberline 4 is what we use in the canoe & on my wife's bike ride where a truck hauls everyone's gear to the next night's destination......gr eat tent!   

The 16' plains Indian tipi is our favorite for longer-term camping.....almost perfect tentage, if you didn't have to set it up and tear it down every couple of days! :-\

Imagine how much fun that was with the 7th Calvary on your trail :D
I'll be a story in your head, but that's OK we're all stories in the end.  Just make it a good one!

Offline dumbass

• Whetstone
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2013, 03:51:39 PM »
Doesn't matter the brand.  Rock that bigass 3 room screen room tent on car camps.  Cabela's and Eureka kinda show up a lot at our meets.
huh?