Author Topic: Esbit Stove Review and DIY  (Read 1754 times)

Offline Draco

• Water Stone
Esbit Stove Review and DIY
« on: June 30, 2013, 02:57:17 PM »
This is a review and a DIY of the way I fixed the inefficiencies of this stove.  I mentioned this is an inexpensive pot but I did not mention that the price is under $25. 

The gram cracker stove template.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/254622/Esbit%20Tray%20Stove%20Template.pdf

The tool to create the cone pot-stand shown in the video linked below.  The tool creates a postscript file that you will need a tool to view.  From there you have to print out the top and bottom, cut out the pieces, and tape them together to make the template.  After prininting either the top or bottom you will have to adjust the PS file to print the other end. Read the driections and you should be okay.
http://zenstoves.net/PotStands-Conical.htm#ConeTemplates

Offline Nature Boy

• Whetstone +
  • NE Georgia
Re: Esbit Stove Review and DIY
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2013, 03:50:10 PM »
That gram cracker with the cone is pretty slick. That system would make a great addition to my diy brew kit. Just wish I had the tools and skills (and patience) to build one.

I have the German esbit folding stove, but it's a little too bulky to store in my brew kit cup. Guess I'll have to stick with sterno or FancyHeat til I can devise an esbit alternative. Thanks for the review!
Proudly Jontok Bushy Approved!
God bless America.....again!! Old Foldin' Saw Fogey!

Offline Draco

• Water Stone
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2013, 04:32:36 PM »
Thanks, you can cut the flashing with regular scissors it is so thin.  I just buy the $2 ones from harbor freight so I don't ruin any good scissors. 

Offline WI_Woodsman

• Friction Fire Fellowship
  • Friction Fire Fellowship
  • Water Stone
  • Badger State Bushcrafter
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2013, 07:24:03 AM »
Very cool Draco, looks way more efficient than the old folding stoves and more compact as well.  Nesting stoves inside of pots are a bonus!   :thumbsup: