Vendor Forums > Turning Outdoors Knife and Tool

**For Sale** Withdrawn

(1/6) > >>

PetrifiedWood:
Ok, folks. I just finished this knife this afternoon and I got some pics of it.

This time, I used a DC current etch to give it a clear appearance. This etch dissolves metal, but doesn't redeposit it like an A/C current etch. This means the logo is etched deeper into the steel. It will hold up to a little more abuse than my regular black logo. The scales were originally shiny, but I rough sanded them to give them a matte appearance, rather than polish them.

Specs are:

9" OAL
4 - 1/4" blade
1/8" thick O1 tool steel
30o Scandi grind
T15 Torx hardware
1/4" lanyard hole
Green Linen Micarta Scales
Exposed tang extension

Thanks for looking! :)

Fire Steel 703:
 I like it. More utilitarian looking than some of your other work that I've seen but still every bit as nice.

PetrifiedWood:

--- Quote from: fire steel 703 on March 17, 2012, 04:29:28 PM --- I like it. More utilitarian looking than some of your other work that I've seen but still every bit as nice.

--- End quote ---

Thanks!

Yeah I wanted to try something a little different. This handle style was inspired by Ontario and ESEE knives. I used a Dremel router to round over the edges of the scales, then cleaned them up with sandpaper. I thought it would be quicker and easier to make this style of handle, but it turns out it takes about he same amount of time and attention as a glued handle with Loveless bolts.

The big advantage of this type of handle is the scales can be removed and the blade clamped in my grinding jig to restore the edge if it ever gets really dinged up.

Highlife:
Looks great. Ontario-esque

greyhound352:
Simple, Clean, and Sharp looks great PW.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version