Author Topic: Birch Spoon  (Read 1804 times)

Offline Kep

• Friction Fire Fellowship
  • Whetstone +
    • Kepis Bushcraft
Birch Spoon
« on: March 27, 2012, 02:00:16 PM »
I made a start on this spoon while i was down at the BCUK, Sussex Group meet last weekend, the roughing out of the spoon was done with the axe and then carved down with my Little Whittler.

The spoon is approx 9" long and has a bowl width of 1 3/4" at it's widest point, the spoon has been finished off with a tooled finish, it features a spine on the reverse of the narrow neck for strength.

Offline PetrifiedWood

• Administrator
  • Belt Grinder
Re: Birch Spoon
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 02:38:33 PM »
You really have a knack for getting great symmetry with your spoon carving. Beautiful work!

Offline Kep

• Whetstone +
    • Kepis Bushcraft
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2012, 02:57:10 PM »
You really have a knack for getting great symmetry with your spoon carving. Beautiful work!

Cheers mate, years of practice does it, i dread to think how many spoons ive carved now :)

Offline easy_rider75

• Water Stone
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2012, 03:26:49 PM »

Cheers mate, years of practice does it, i dread to think how many spoons ive carved now :)

LOL I  stopped counting now and I'm still a new one at it

Damn  nice  work  I  love the  spine on it myself  still gotta try and get better  at that
?I'm not one of those complicated, mixed-up cats. I'm not looking for the secret to life.... I just go on from day to day, taking what comes.?~Frank Sinatra~