Author Topic: Pant leg tool pouch  (Read 3684 times)

Offline Dano

• Diamond Stone
Pant leg tool pouch
« on: February 08, 2012, 09:30:53 AM »
It's not much but is a quick easy little tool pouch I made to keep my carving tools from rattling around, protect the handles and my pack.   It's just a cut off pant leg from an old pair of jeans that was laying around.  I had bought a cheap sewing machine to learn on last year and sewed little sections in this as practice. 

I alternated the handles so it would roll up flat, split one section to use as end flaps and secure it with paracord.

Here it is rolled out.

And the contents.

There are two Mora spoon knives, a Mora carving knife, a right and left hoof knife, a four-in-one wood rasp with chisel end and a couple pieces of leather to strop the spoon knives.

I wear jeans as part of my work uniform, but as soon as they get a tear or hole we have to replace them.  Needless to say, most of my ditty bags and pouches are made from work jeans.  As is a pouch I made for my two Wetterlings, one I made to carry some of my cook kit and all of my charcloth.

Leather, suede or canvas would be my preferred material of choice, but this is....free and laying around.  It doesn't look like much and I have a lot to learn about sewing, but it's been something to keep me busy and still serve a purpose.

Hope you enjoy, thanks for looking!!

Offline upthecreek

• Charred Cloth Challenge
  • Global Moderator
  • Diamond Stone
  • Friction Fire Fellowship & River Rat
    • my youtube
Re: Pant leg tool pouch
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2012, 10:26:58 AM »
That's a great idea! Handy as heck too I bet.
Axes Rock!

Offline Dano

• Diamond Stone
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2012, 11:32:16 AM »
Thanks creek!

Yeah it's handy, but even better....FREE!!  LOL

Offline PetrifiedWood

• Friction Fire Fellowship
  • Administrator
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2012, 12:53:26 PM »
Wow, that's pretty slick! I've seen just the regular drawstring bags made from pants legs but this takes it to a whole new level. It reminds me a lot of a little pouch I have that came with a paddle bit assortment.

I have a sewing machine here too. Might have to give this one a try next time I retire some jeans.

Offline MATT CHAOS

• Water Stone
  • M.E.S.H. Knives
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2012, 01:23:40 PM »
Nice work!
Jontok Bushy Approved    Member#28   
1st Aid/CPR/AED Wilderness 1st Aid Instructor

Offline Red

• Maker of Sub-Par Knives
  • Global Moderator
  • Water Stone
  • Scorched Earther
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2012, 02:46:57 PM »
thats really cool danno!! good idea!
"Big drama next few hours.. But whatever happens, no matter what they tell you.. Don't let 'em take them chains off me.."

Offline Remo007

• Water Stone
  • Lover of Navaja's & all things Sharp!
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2012, 03:41:57 PM »
That is Super Slick Danno!!! :) Me Likey! 8)
Not all who Wander are Lost. Member #3

Offline Professor

• Whetstone +
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2012, 09:48:16 AM »
Very resourceful!  I like how the tools slide in from both ends. 
...and I'll see you soon!

Offline easy_rider75

• Water Stone
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2012, 08:24:38 PM »
Now that is a really  killer idea need something like this myself for my carving tools.  Not to hijack the thread but how do you  like the half curve Mora? been  wanting to get myself one of those to
?I'm not one of those complicated, mixed-up cats. I'm not looking for the secret to life.... I just go on from day to day, taking what comes.?~Frank Sinatra~

Offline Dano

• Diamond Stone
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2012, 01:04:22 PM »
Now that is a really  killer idea need something like this myself for my carving tools.  Not to hijack the thread but how do you  like the half curve Mora? been  wanting to get myself one of those to

Sorry to be so long getting back, I was in the hospital.  I like both of them almost equally, but find around the upper edge or rim area, they don't clean as well as I'd like, hence the farrier knives and multi-file with chisel end.

Maybe a better way to answer it is for a spoon they are fine.  Anything else and (at least I) will need another tool.