Author Topic: Geigerrig hydration system  (Read 979 times)

Offline mas

• Mousepad and Sandpaper
Geigerrig hydration system
« on: December 05, 2013, 05:50:48 PM »
Just wanted to do a quick review of something cool I got for Xmas last year from the wife. It's new hydration system I haven't seen anyone here mention. The Geigerrig series.

I received one of these http://www.geigerrig.com/hydration-packs/the-rig.html with a 70oz bladder.

I wasn't immediately blown away or anything becuase I figured it was a Camelbak style. Well it's not. It has an air bladder next to the water bladder that you pump up with a bulb to pressurize the system so it actually sprays water either into your mouth or just free flowing as you squeeze the mouth piece. No sucking like Camelbak's. So you can share with hiking mates(the dog) to drink or cool yourself off with as well. There's super easy to fill since the bladder opens across the top like a big bag instead of a screw off cap, which also makes it way easier to clean. The carrier is comfy with both a chest and waist strap that's big enough for me at 6'5". The chest strap has a built in whistle as well. I've used it a bunch of times this year on hikes and it's never let me down. You can also get inline filters so if you run out on the trail and there's a water source nearby you can refill and not worry about disinfecting it. I ordered one of the newer replaceable carbon filters and a larger bladder last week. I'll probably put the 3L bladder in my Molle Assault pack to use as a day pack for longer hikes.

They got a bunch of different styles and sizes of packs.

Here's a couple picks of me with it on the KS outing last month with a Molle II waistpack below it. All the other guys seemed pretty impressed with it.

Check them out http://www.geigerrig.com/index.html

edit Oh I forgot to add, they're having a 45% off sale currently until Dec 15th. Go here for the code. https://www.facebook.com/geigerrig/app_244079398963429

Offline greyhound352

• Water Stone
  • Tribal Warrior of the Kracaneuners Ephesians 2.8
Re: Geigerrig hydration system
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2013, 07:08:15 PM »
Thanks for the review.

I have a camelbak and it doesn't get much use anymore because of the cleaning. I imagine you would have to clean this one the same.

For outings every couple of days apart or every weekend I would throught the empty bladder in the freezer after a quick rinse. This way you could skip cleaning fate each use.
"Between every two pines is a doorway to a new world." John Muir

Offline mas

• Mousepad and Sandpaper
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2013, 07:27:27 PM »
Cleaning is super easy on the Geiger. Disconnect both hoses via the quick releases. open the pouch across the top like a big ziploc bag. turn it inside out and put it in the top rack of the dishwasher or wash by hand. No brushes or hangars to wrestle with.

Offline 1066vik

• Whetstone +
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2013, 09:13:54 PM »
It was a pretty slick setup - very tempting.

I saw these on the Duluth Trading website, too.