Author Topic: Old Timer 60T...  (Read 6943 times)

Offline Gryphon

• Water Stone
  • Hey y'all, watch this!
Old Timer 60T...
« on: March 28, 2012, 11:39:03 AM »
I've been wondering what to do with my old Schrade 60T.  It's a 1992 vintage USA-made blade in very good shape.  It was my daily carry for most of 15 years.  It's no longer shaving-sharp just from sitting in a box.

I have no idea what I want to do with it.  I still like the knife, but I don't use it any more...haven't since I stopped carrying it around ten years ago.  Anyone care to venture a guess what it's worth or suggestions of what to do with it?  (Sorry, it's not likely to be the subject of a give-away...at least not anytime soon :)

Jontok Bushy Class Approved!

Offline rogumpogum

• Water Stone
  • I like pickles.
Re: Old Timer 60T...
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 12:49:00 PM »
What was your reasoning for not carrying it anymore? It looks like an old friend...
"My common sense is tingling..."

Offline Sudz

• Whetstone +
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2012, 02:49:36 PM »
Value is speculative at best, I always say "it is worth what one is willing to pay" in most cases. Ebay was sort of the "litmus test" for pricing a small collection of folders I once had. Prices for those OT 60T that have sold on Ebay range from $10-28 depending on condition and availability. In the end only you can decide what you really would like to do with it.

Offline Gryphon

• Water Stone
  • Hey y'all, watch this!
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2012, 05:25:57 PM »
What was your reasoning for not carrying it anymore? It looks like an old friend...

I was a cabinet maker, then built log furniture for a number of years.  This beastie was wonderful for the log work.  I just don't do that any more.  It's too big to carry comfortably in my pocket and I don't have a belt case any more either.  Even if I did, my multitool rides there.

Great blade, I just haven't used it for since...(thinking)...2001-ish.  So, I carried it for about ten years and haven't touched it for another ten.  May have something to do with wishing to forget much of those years too.

I'd trade it happily I think for another blade, just don't know what.  It's got a lot of sentimental aura about it, but not enough to let it set and rot in a box...but more than dumping it on fleabay for a few bucks.  Maybe I should toss it out in the trade section and see what bites?  Yes, it's an old friend, but one that needs to be used...ya know, if you love something, set it free?  I'd like to see it used and loved.
Jontok Bushy Class Approved!

Offline Gurthy

• Water Stone
  • Member #9
    • My Blog: Gurthy's Bushcraft
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2012, 07:46:59 PM »
Would it be something you'd gift to a son or nephew someday maybe? I'd have a hard time trading it if it was my user for so long, but that's me :)