Author Topic: WHAT DID YOU GET FOR CHRISTMAS?  (Read 14756 times)

Offline wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
  • "You want a toe? I can get you a toe." -Sobchak
WHAT DID YOU GET FOR CHRISTMAS?
« on: December 24, 2013, 10:16:42 PM »
I GOT A NEW PAIR OF SUNDAY BIBS! :banana:

I got some other stuff, too....a couple of blue-ray movies, a book of historic letters I've had my eye on, some dark chocolate, socks and a TechnoViking t-shirt! >:D

Here's kind of a funny thing....my wife & I both ordered new bags for each other from the DULUTH PACK company and neither one of us had the slightest idea until we opened them what the other had ordered! :shrug:
The only chance you got at a education is listenin' to me talk!
Augustus McCrae.....Texas Ranger      Lonesome Dove, TX

Offline zammer

• Water Stone
Re: WHAT DID YOU GET FOR CHRISTMAS?
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2013, 10:23:02 PM »
I got to see my 3 kids and two grandkids, plus had dinner with them all.... :cheers:

Nice score on the TechnoViking t-shirt Wolfy... 8)
"big fish like to live in bad places, that's how they get to be big fish"

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2013, 10:33:34 PM »
I got a pair of insulated bib overalls and a new Carhartt sweatshirt.  A Stephen King book, a neckerchief slide for my silk scarves, and 2 lbs of Cashews. 

My wife got (from me anyway) wool socks, insulated bib overalls, earrings, and a vegetable slicer dicer.   :-\ 

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns  something he can learn in no other way. 
(Mark Twain)

Offline Old Philosopher

• Belt Grinder
  • "I have an opinion about that...."
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2013, 10:39:32 PM »
Too early to tell. We do gifts Christmas morning. The best gift so far was sitting around playing Monopoly with our three kids. We haven't had all three of them home for Christmas in 3 years, so any thing now is anticlimactic.
Monopoly - the Board Game from Hell. It's what defines bored games.  We played a contemporary version where you have airlines in stead of utilities and Internet Providers  and cell phone companies instead of railroads. The money was in Million$ instead of Thousand$. Does anyone realize they also have a version of Monopoly now that uses credit cards instead of Monopoly Money? You swipe your card in a battery operated calculator to buy property and houses.  I swear, the world's gone to hell...... :P ;)

I got a pair of insulated bib overalls and a new Carhartt sweatshirt.  A Stephen King book, a neckerchief slide for my silk scarves, and 2 lbs of Cashews. 

My wife got (from me anyway) wool socks, insulated bib overalls, earrings, and a vegetable slicer dicer.   :-\ 

I'm reading matching Duluth packs, and matching bib overalls. Rural America is alive and well!  ;D :thumbsup:
I only do what the voices in my wife's head tell her to tell me to do.

Offline WoodsWoman

• Diamond Stone
  • Minnesota
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2013, 12:35:22 AM »
I got an Opinel Knife.....   :)   I just murdered a celery stick in .000000009 seconds flat.  uffda that thing is shaarrrrp......     I think I'm going to go find a thimble for my thumb.....  :)

OH..and I got another 3 inches of snow.  Yipeee.....     *snort* 

So whats  a technoViking t-shirt??   

OP..there's monopoly games out there pertaining to animals too.  I remember one being all about farming and its animals.  :)

WW

On particularly rough days when I'm sure I can't possibly endure, I like to remind myself that my track record for getting through bad days so far is 100% and that's pretty good.

Online madmax

• Diamond Stone
  • The Phoenix
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2013, 02:35:06 AM »
That fancyass mountainbike was a late birthday/early Christmas present :banana:.  A short ski trip where it rained for 3 days straight and it was 50 degrees :shrug:

Best of all, a lot of my family is flying into Orlando today and I'm picking up my niece to see her Daddy  :banana:  Mom's coming   :duel:  lol   Disneyworld at Christmas  :doh: with family  :banana:

What a mixed bag of goodies.

Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah!

The mad one...Tony  :) :) :)
« Last Edit: December 25, 2013, 02:41:03 AM by madmax »
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving pretty with a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways in a cloud of smoke, thouroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, Wow! What a ride!" 
Hunter S, Thompson

Offline jontok

• Super Duper Ultra Goderator!
  • Whetstone +
  • Secret World Overlord
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2013, 04:15:07 AM »
I got a shirt, a dvd (Hobbit- extended version) and a bow&arrow set. Always wanted one of those! :)
Intercrafting: The art of venturing out on the internet, and finding pics of things you can't be bothered to do in real life. :D  -Me

Offline BigHat

• Friction Fire Fellowship
  • Water Stone
  • hobo-crafter
    • BigHat Youtube
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2013, 06:25:18 AM »
craftsman ratcheting wrench sets (metric and english)
craftsman bolt-on 20amp power tool with jig saw attachment
rosetta stone, latin american spanish.

pretty awesome christmas.
"you're doing it wrong!"  -everyone
"Doesn't matter what knife you're good with, if you're good with a knife." -Yeoman

Offline woodsrunner

• Water Stone
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2013, 07:24:58 AM »
a husqvarva forest axe
a very old but in near mint condition Pioneer brand Trapper Nelson built by Jones Tent and Awning, co vancouver Ca.
thats more than i deserve...woods
'At play in the fields of the Lord'
Save a Logger...Eat a Tree Hugger!

Offline WI_Woodsman

• Water Stone
  • Badger State Bushcrafter
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2013, 07:54:02 AM »
I got an Opinel Knife.....   :)   I just murdered a celery stick in .000000009 seconds flat.  uffda that thing is shaarrrrp......     I think I'm going to go find a thimble for my thumb.....  :)

OH..and I got another 3 inches of snow.  Yipeee.....     *snort* 

OP..there's monopoly games out there pertaining to animals too.  I remember one being all about farming and its animals.  :)

WW

That's strange the technoViking doesn't wear a shirt...  I'm stumped WW...

BTW, I finally got a Victorinox Swiss Army Farmer pocket knife.   :D

Offline rogumpogum

• Water Stone
  • I like pickles.
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2013, 08:15:50 AM »
My stocking was full of imported Japanese ramen packets.  :drool:

Rifle sling.  :thumbsup:

Keurig machine and 1,001 K cups.  :coffee:

Brick of Federal .22 (no idea where my mom found THAT)  :hail:

Summer sausages and cheeses.  :popcorn:

Hot sauce.  :shocked:

Johnny's seasoning salt for smoking meat/jerky.  :stir:

Sweat shirt and pants.

Travel mug.  :coffee:

Maker's Mark.  :crazy:

Merry Christmas all!  :choptree:
"My common sense is tingling..."

Offline backlasher

• Mill File+
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2013, 08:35:03 AM »
Sausage and cheese
Duck Dynasty DVDs
Carhartt jacket
tickets to see Celtic Woman
Gift card to Lowe's

Also got to see both my children and all six grandchildren
There's more to see than can ever be seen, more to do than can ever be done - Circle of Life - The Lion King

Offline kanukkarhu

• Diamond Stone
  • Canadian Woods Loafer & Certified Nobody
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2013, 10:32:41 AM »
All my whining paid off! I don't get gear, usually, unless its some kind of a present, so I'm really happy with my haul... :)

From my bff (missus karhu) I got an Ontario Gen II SP46 knife! Hey, so far I LOVE this thing! Can't wait to get it in the bush! The handle and guard seem to be perfect for mitts/gloves. I'm WILDLY optimistic!

I also got a RAT 1! I've wanted one for a while now. This is an awesome folder folks!

My son got me one of those little tea lamp lights AND a CRKT Lake 111z folder. Smallish blade, but some cool features and good reviews. Atta boy, son! ;)

My other son's a poor uni stoodint, and GAVE me his fiskars normark scandi knife... (*KK gets misty eyed*) Wow, he loved that knife, and so did I. (I 'spect he's gonna take advantage of me in a knife trade for a nice Enzo Trapper in a month or two don't you?) Gotta love a kid who gives his best to his dad.... His mum taught him well.

(I'm not afraid to tell you I'm watery eyed typing this. My boys are the best men I know, and that includes my new SIL. And the women in my life... Well, what do you say about your girls? I'm blessed!)

Of course daughter and son-in-law gave me some cool stuff too - a neat mug, fair trade coffee, hand carved polar bear they made (Unbelievably well done !)

Other little non-bushcraft stuff like that - NONE of which is in any way more cherished or liked. Everything my family blessed me with is equally loved and cherished!

If this is all about God's blessings, and love and peace on earth, I made out like a bandit.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!
What if you woke up today, with only the things you thanked God for yesterday?

Offline MnSportsman

• Diamond Stone
  • Just call me, JB, it is easier to type. ;)
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2013, 10:33:19 AM »
I got coal & crappy rocks... I must have ticked someone off...
 :(

;)

Merry Christmas!
:)
I love being out in the woods!   I like this quote from Mors Kochanski - "The more you know, the less you carry". I believe in the same creed, & think  "Knowledge & honed skills" are the best things to carry with ya when you're out in the wilds. They're the ultimate "ultralight" gear! ;)

Offline BigHat

• Water Stone
  • hobo-crafter
    • BigHat Youtube
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2013, 11:09:51 AM »
I got coal & crappy rocks... I must have ticked someone off...
 :(

;)

Merry Christmas!

Sounds like you are a striker away from having a flint and steel set with a tinder to boot... ;)
"you're doing it wrong!"  -everyone
"Doesn't matter what knife you're good with, if you're good with a knife." -Yeoman

Offline Woods Bexar

• Whetstone +
  • Philippians 4:13
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2013, 11:41:53 AM »
I got a nice pair of shoes and a Christmas card. But I say it's not whats under the tree, but whos around it that matters. I received the greatest gift of all almost 5 years ago, salvation. It's gonna be tough to beat that gift,  but I tell my wife she should keep trying, haha. Merry Christmas and a blessed New Year to all.
Galatians 2:20

Offline woodsrunner

• Water Stone
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2013, 12:20:27 PM »
I got a nice pair of shoes and a Christmas card. But I say it's not whats under the tree, but whos around it that matters. I received the greatest gift of all almost 5 years ago, salvation. It's gonna be tough to beat that gift,  but I tell my wife she should keep trying, haha. Merry Christmas and a blessed New Year to all.
AMEN!!!! and AMEN!....that last part about the wife had me in stitches...Merry Christmas
'At play in the fields of the Lord'
Save a Logger...Eat a Tree Hugger!

Offline kanukkarhu

• Diamond Stone
« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2013, 12:53:23 PM »
Well said! :thumbsup:

Offline wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2013, 01:01:00 PM »
+1  :thumbsup:

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2013, 01:03:25 PM »
+1  :thumbsup:

Amen
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns  something he can learn in no other way. 
(Mark Twain)

Offline Nature Boy

• Whetstone +
  • NE Georgia
« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2013, 01:34:26 PM »
Not received yet, but should be here by Friday. A pair of Polish bread bags and a pair of small backpacking teapots for the wife and myself. A vivitar vid/digicam, and a 2 pairs of boot socks. Hopefully, weather permitting, we can try them out this weekend while I'm on holiday hiatus from work.
Proudly Jontok Bushy Approved!
God bless America.....again!! Old Foldin' Saw Fogey!

Offline WesinND

• Whetstone +
« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2013, 01:56:59 PM »
I got, as the wife says, and old piece of canvas...  She got me a 9'6" x 9'6" oilskin trailtarp from panther primitives!  Wes

Offline SwampHanger

• Water Stone
  • River Rat Member
« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2013, 02:10:55 PM »
Primal folding longbow 55lb. 1/2 doz arrows some .22 shells and a few other odds and ins.

Offline acara

• Water Stone
  • Captain of the Blue Pig
« Reply #23 on: December 25, 2013, 09:33:37 PM »

I know TechnoViking .... thats a kinda cool gift
Meet me under the pee-pee-tree

Offline wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #24 on: December 25, 2013, 10:02:34 PM »
WoodsWoman, I'm putting a link here for a video of the TechnoViking for your viewing pleasure.....

My new T-shirt has a picture of him doing that finger-pointing thing he does with TECHNOVIKING emblazoned across the chest.......looks great with my new bibs!   Still workin' on the dance. :banana:

Offline acara

• Water Stone
« Reply #25 on: December 25, 2013, 10:10:17 PM »
Ok ..so I got a lot more than I deserved from Santa.... but I also got completed "schooled" and feel like an idiot.

My wife talked me into buying a cheap (very cheap) drum set for our 2-year-old on Christmas Eve. I promptly ask my wife if she had been drinking (LOL) ... but she told me she had signed him up for music lessons a couple of months ago and his instructor "Mr. Tommy"  had commented that Connor really enjoyed the drums.

So we buy the set (I'm thinking my wife has lost her mind for buying a toddler a drum set) and put it out under the tree as a gift from Santa (Santa doesn't wrap gifts ...so anything that's large, or hard to wrap, gets set out after the kids go to bed ... so we don't have to mess with wrapping it).

Christmas morning, the 2-year old comes out to a bunch of toys & immediatly runs to the cheap drum set (much to daddys dismay .... after 3-months of busting my hump to find "the perfect gifts for a 2-year old") . I then proceeded to watch the child hop on the seat, put his feet on the base pedal, grab the drum sticks (correctly), do a three-hit stick beat intro in quarter beats, start hitting both snares, a base & high hat in better form than I every could, flourish the cymbal & take a bow with the sticks crossed across his chest & say "dank you berry much" in true rock star fashion.

Needless to say ...I spit my Christmas coffee & about fell off the couch.

Proceded to ask my wife who the heck this "Mr. Tommy" was & she says ... Oh, Mr. Tommy ..I think his real name is Tommy Girvin & I think he plays for some band called "Eddie Money" when he's not teaching music to kids (my wifes a little younger than me & wasn't necessarily in that genre of music).

So for Christmas ... I got completely schooled and figured out my son's favorite teacher in preschool this past year is the lead guitarist for Eddie Money...... and evidently he teaches drums as well as he plays guitar.

How's that for a Christmas present?

Offline Old Philosopher

• Belt Grinder
« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2013, 11:02:41 PM »

Wild! Sounds like you have a natural protege on your hands! Good luck with that, BTW.  ;)

I got some much needed shirts and lounge pants (I do a lot of lounging.  :P ) from the wife and daughter. The boys are more into "guy stuff".
I got a 5 1/2 foot Shakespeare "Uglystick" and a spool of Fireline Crystal for my trusty Shimano AX1000.
The other cool thing was a Sensible Products EMF-2 flashlight. Magnetic on both ends, telescopes to 18" and has a goose neck headlight for setting at any angle. My eldest was laughing his tail off, because I can't seem to work on anything without dropping a screw or a part. Now I can not only find it in the dark, but I can pick ip up with the magnets.  :rolleyes:

Offline diogenes

• Charred Cloth Challenge
  • Water Stone
  • Winding down.
« Reply #27 on: December 25, 2013, 11:22:03 PM »
Ok ..so I got a lot more than I deserved from Santa.... but I also got completed "schooled" and feel like an idiot.

My wife talked me into buying a cheap (very cheap) drum set for our 2-year-old on Christmas Eve. I promptly ask my wife if she had been drinking (LOL) ... but she told me she had signed him up for music lessons a couple of months ago and his instructor "Mr. Tommy"  had commented that Connor really enjoyed the drums.

So we buy the set (I'm thinking my wife has lost her mind for buying a toddler a drum set) and put it out under the tree as a gift from Santa (Santa doesn't wrap gifts ...so anything that's large, or hard to wrap, gets set out after the kids go to bed ... so we don't have to mess with wrapping it).

Christmas morning, the 2-year old comes out to a bunch of toys & immediatly runs to the cheap drum set (much to daddys dismay .... after 3-months of busting my hump to find "the perfect gifts for a 2-year old") . I then proceeded to watch the child hop on the seat, put his feet on the base pedal, grab the drum sticks (correctly), do a three-hit stick beat intro in quarter beats, start hitting both snares, a base & high hat in better form than I every could, flourish the cymbal & take a bow with the sticks crossed across his chest & say "dank you berry much" in true rock star fashion.

Needless to say ...I spit my Christmas coffee & about fell off the couch.

Proceded to ask my wife who the heck this "Mr. Tommy" was & she says ... Oh, Mr. Tommy ..I think his real name is Tommy Girvin & I think he plays for some band called "Eddie Money" when he's not teaching music to kids (my wifes a little younger than me & wasn't necessarily in that genre of music).

So for Christmas ... I got completely schooled and figured out my son's favorite teacher in preschool this past year is the lead guitarist for Eddie Money...... and evidently he teaches drums as well as he plays guitar.

LOL! Awesome.

Get 'em started early, that's what I always say. If he's got a natural gift (which it sure seems he does) just wait 10 years. He'll be amazing. ;D

A lot of parents aren't so cool as you guys about such "noisy" toys. Now that I look back at it I'm surprised how well my parents took it when I brought a drum kit home when I was 13. Keep us updated on his progress. :D
"Go away," Chuang Tzu said. "I'm dragging my tail in the mud."

Offline acara

• Water Stone
« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2013, 05:18:15 AM »
Thanks.

I'm not sure it's what you called talent or natural ability (yet), but it wasn't what I expected a toddler to do with a drum set at that age.

Now ....eat the drum stick, beat a family member with a drum stick, stick a drum stick in his ear ... That, I would expect  >:D

He is obviously very interested in it and has been paying attention in class though, so thats a good start.

Offline greyhound352

• Water Stone
  • Tribal Warrior of the Kracaneuners Ephesians 2.8
« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2013, 05:49:26 AM »
Dewalt radio/battery charger (have to return it though, only recharges lithium battery)
Plate vise - http://www.lowes.com/pd_201222-89771-LLL001_?PL=1&productId=3116981
Rope halter jig kit
2 pair of darn tough socks
and a devotional book.

Forgot the $50 bill.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 08:43:39 AM by greyhound352 »
"Between every two pines is a doorway to a new world." John Muir

Offline acara

• Water Stone
« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2013, 06:15:23 AM »
Platypus Gravity Works 4L Filter System
Wagan Power Dome EX 400W Power Station (Auto jumper, charger, power cell, compressor, light, radio, USB chargers .... every outdoor geeks dream gift)
Rapala 7.5" Superflex/Stainless Fillet Knife in dark wood & leather sheath
BaconWave Microwave Bacon Cooker ( can cook a whole pound of bacon at once ....Nom-Nom-Nom)
E-Cigarette kit
New Wallet, with a 100.00 bill inside
New Peacoat
University of Miami Stainless Coffee Cup
Some outdoor clothes
Misc dress clothes for work
Cologne
Miscellaneous gadgety hand tools
Itunes gift card
Box of miscellaneous 1 & 2" Purdy professional stain brushes (the kind you drool at in the store, but never had the heart to buy for yourself)

I think Santa got my list mixed up with someone elses? Deserved none of it ..... love all of it
« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 06:27:23 AM by acara »

Offline xj35s

• Water Stone
  • If I go missing, carladerby at gmail for info.
« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2013, 07:12:28 AM »
My brother in law got us a king size full bed set. Came from Macy's. Got one last year too. Mother in law got us a large tapestry with a light house on it and a light house plaque with a scene. Hung them in our master bath. Also got a Pizza cooking stone with a rack and cutter. A calender of our niece's pictures. We got a Trivit to match our red and black themed kitchen.

My Wife and I got Nikishi Bikes for early christmas. Looking so forward to riding them. My knee surgeon said no to riding it this fall. I healed up good now.

The greatest blessing I got for Christmas was from my wife to finish my Rock Crawler. I always got a bad attitude about it for the last ten years. Now for some reason she wants it done too. I guess the Off-roading was in the way of getting the house and we have that now. So that's my greatest gift, My buggy build.
pessimist complain about the wind. optimist expect the wind to change. realist adjusts the sails.

Offline ncnurseryman

• Whetstone +
« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2013, 08:16:50 AM »
Technoviking...wow, that was interesting.  Haven't seen that guy.  It was funny though.
Let's see, got a:
Book on native american cultures in NC
Moultrie game camera
T-shirts
 Scribing tool for knife making.

Got the wife a kindle hdx that i've been enjoying too.  Ha.

Offline greyhound352

• Water Stone
  • Tribal Warrior of the Kracaneuners Ephesians 2.8
« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2013, 08:40:35 AM »
Technoviking...wow, that was interesting.  Haven't seen that guy.  It was funny though.
Let's see, got a:
Book on native american cultures in NC
Moultrie game camera
T-shirts
 Scribing tool for knife making.

Got the wife a kindle hdx that i've been enjoying too.  Ha.

The book on native Americans in NC sounds interesting.
"Between every two pines is a doorway to a new world." John Muir

Offline kanukkarhu

• Diamond Stone
« Reply #34 on: December 26, 2013, 10:37:07 AM »
Platypus Gravity Works 4L Filter System
Wagan Power Dome EX 400W Power Station (Auto jumper, charger, power cell, compressor, light, radio, USB chargers .... every outdoor geeks dream gift)
Rapala 7.5" Superflex/Stainless Fillet Knife in dark wood & leather sheath
BaconWave Microwave Bacon Cooker ( can cook a whole pound of bacon at once ....Nom-Nom-Nom)
E-Cigarette kit
New Wallet, with a 100.00 bill inside
New Peacoat
University of Miami Stainless Coffee Cup
Some outdoor clothes
Misc dress clothes for work
Cologne
Miscellaneous gadgety hand tools
Itunes gift card
Box of miscellaneous 1 & 2" Purdy professional stain brushes (the kind you drool at in the store, but never had the heart to buy for yourself)

I think Santa got my list mixed up with someone elses? Deserved none of it ..... love all of it
I see headlines: "Acara Cleans Up" and "Florida Man Wins the Santa Jackpot." ;D

Dang, you must have been good this year! ;)

"But seriously folks..." Lotsa really good gifts for sure in this entire thread, but I really enjoy reading about the family time (esp. The Little Drummer Boy!). It's awesome when we can share our celebrations with family!

Let's say a prayer for those who couldn't celebrate with gifts, family and friends this year. Let's also pray for our respective militaries overseas who didn't get home to celebrate the Nativity this year. :thumbsup:

Offline acara

• Water Stone
« Reply #35 on: December 26, 2013, 02:35:51 PM »

"

Okay, okay ... so I may have had a little advantage & possibly manipulated the situation.... a little ..

Doesn't necessarily make me a bad person ...

Offline PetrifiedWood

• Administrator
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #36 on: December 26, 2013, 02:46:06 PM »
I bought myself a new rifle. :D

Offline kanukkarhu

• Diamond Stone
« Reply #37 on: December 26, 2013, 04:27:57 PM »

"

Okay, okay ... so I may have had a little advantage & possibly manipulated the situation.... a little ..

:rofl: :lol:

Now, to me, THATS funny! :D

Offline jontok

• Super Duper Ultra Goderator!
  • Whetstone +
  • Secret World Overlord
« Reply #38 on: December 26, 2013, 05:19:11 PM »

"

:rofl: :lol:

Now, to me, THATS funny! :D
+1!
Good one acara!  :D
Intercrafting: The art of venturing out on the internet, and finding pics of things you can't be bothered to do in real life. :D  -Me

Offline zammer

• Water Stone
« Reply #39 on: December 26, 2013, 06:53:59 PM »
I bought myself a new rifle. :D

Don't hold out on us,,,,  8)
"big fish like to live in bad places, that's how they get to be big fish"

Offline imnukensc

• Water Stone
« Reply #40 on: December 27, 2013, 03:08:46 PM »
Late to the party on this one with family here and all, but got a couple of new pairs of shoes.  A "dress" pair for work and some tennis shoes.  Apparently Santa thought my old tennis shoes were too "used" to be worn any where except around here.  Ha!  I thought they were just getting broke in good.  A NWF frog calendar.  (I'm a bit of a frog freak and have a few scattered around in and outta the house.)  My youngest son who indulges my fondness for weird crap bought me an inert WW II practice bomb.  Just a small thing about 8 1/2" long that now proudly sits next to my black powder cannon.  And just today Santa brought me a very cool Simonds 5' lance tooth pattern crosscut saw!  I musta been a pretty good boy this year!
The universe is made up of protons, neutrons, electrons, and morons.

Offline wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #41 on: December 27, 2013, 03:27:23 PM »
OH, NOOOOOOO!  :doh:  ANOTHER FROG FREAK......my wife collects those things, too!

Offline Satchmo

• Whetstone +
« Reply #42 on: December 27, 2013, 03:50:31 PM »
That drum set kicks ass.

Good call

I got an oil sharpening stone, a couple of books and some wool socks. Nice to keep toasty

Offline Old Philosopher

• Belt Grinder
« Reply #43 on: December 27, 2013, 04:26:43 PM »
Thanks.

I'm not sure it's what you called talent or natural ability (yet), but it wasn't what I expected a toddler to do with a drum set at that age.

Now ....eat the drum stick, beat a family member with a drum stick, stick a drum stick in his ear ... That, I would expect  >:D

He is obviously very interested in it and has been paying attention in class though, so thats a good start.

I picked the wrong word...duh... I meant prodigy!  Lead drummer with a pacifier in his mouth. Classic!

Offline Adahy

• Whetstone +
  • "I am Groot"
« Reply #44 on: December 27, 2013, 05:01:55 PM »
Steripen
The "open country" 2QT pot I wanted (plain AL)
Stanley Thermos
Waterproof writing pad
a few DVD's
And spent two days back to back with the wife and kids (we were all off from work)  :banana:

oh..PS I ate like a pig...
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 05:49:06 PM by NickChillADAHY »
AKA NICK-CHILL

Offline lowcard1

• Whetstone +
« Reply #45 on: December 27, 2013, 05:41:14 PM »
Some clothes a few tools a food dehydrator and the one thing I needed the most 2tb seagate external hard drive.

Offline Old Philosopher

• Belt Grinder
« Reply #46 on: December 27, 2013, 06:18:47 PM »
Some clothes a few tools a food dehydrator and the one thing I needed the most 2tb seagate external hard drive.

LOVE my 2Tb Seagate. Hate their "Dashboard", though!

Offline OutdoorEnvy

• Water Stone
  • Outdoor Junky Approved
    • OutdoorEnvy
« Reply #47 on: December 27, 2013, 08:31:30 PM »
I received:

llbean boots
Condor Recon chest rig
Bomber hat
Remington heritage upland knife
collapsible water bottle
and some clothes and gift cards

I ain't complaining :)
Proverbs 27:17    "As iron sharpens iron, a friend sharpens a friend"
http://outdoorenvy.blogspot.com/

Offline trentu

• Whetstone +
« Reply #48 on: December 29, 2013, 06:24:00 PM »
Stainless PT92C
3 mags for it.
Mag loader
Go Pro
Play doh
Shooting muffs
Cologne
Act or be Acted Upon!

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
« Reply #49 on: December 29, 2013, 07:41:37 PM »
Stainless PT92C
3 mags for it.
Mag loader
Go Pro
Play doh
Shooting muffs
Cologne

play doh and cologne?   :-\
(Mark Twain)