Author Topic: "Twilight Zone" paranormal - supernatural - unexplained thread *special rules*  (Read 119534 times)

Offline Moe M.

• Diamond Stone
....While this doesn't address your thought of how did they do it, it does address a critical element.  None of the futurists got it exactly right.  ...
Some came awfully close, though.
One thing about these "insights", or "predictions".  Skeptic immediately point out these discrepancies as proof that nothing special is going on. But now, with scientific acceptance of The String Theory, it's easy to explain why.
Edgar Cayce predicted catastrophic earth changes. His medical diagnosis and treatment ability is well documented, so why would he be off in left field with other things that "came to him"?  He saw no time-line for this, though. Another infamous prophet is Michael Scallion. He predicted very similar earth changes to occur around 1998. The Toyas (man and wife) came up with something similar about the same time (1980's).  When relaying his account of what he "saw", Scallion pointed out that it was a "probability, if something doesn't change the outcome". 
If you go with the new view of the String Theory, there is an infinite number of "futures" available at any given instant. Even minute external influences can alter which "future" unfolds.
So if a futurist happens to "tap into" a particular time-line in his "vision", that's not to say some minor event (or events) won't alter that time-line, either slightly, or greatly.
Something to ponder, anyway....

This is much too deep for me,  I'm still trying to figure out why my water pressure in the house drops down every once in a while,  or did Lizzy Borden really kill her parents,  or was it the sister,  maybe they were both involved ?
   The one I really hate is Nostradamus,  that SOB just couldn't mind his own business,  and he's like the plague,  where ever he points his boney finger something bad happens.

:shrug:
In youth we learn,   with age we understand.

Offline Old Philosopher

• Belt Grinder
  • "I have an opinion about that...."
Okay...then let's get back to the "real" world.  ;)

Malaysia Flight 370. 

http://www.naturalnews.com/044244_Malaysia_Airlines_Flight_370_vanished.html

(NaturalNews) There are some astonishing things you're not being told about Malaysia Airlines Flight 370, the flight that simply vanished over the Gulf of Thailand with 239 people on board.

The mystery of the flight's sudden and complete disappearance has even the world's top air safety authorities baffled. "Air-safety and antiterror authorities on two continents appeared equally stumped about what direction the probe should take," reports the Wall Street Journal.

WSJ goes on to report:

"For now, it seems simply inexplicable," said Paul Hayes, director of safety and insurance at Ascend Worldwide, a British advisory and aviation data firm.

While investigators are baffled, the mainstream media isn't telling you the whole story, either. So I've assembled this collection of facts that should raise serious questions in the minds of anyone following this situation.

? Fact #1: All Boeing 777 commercial jets are equipped with black box recorders that can survive any on-board explosion

No explosion from the plane itself can destroy the black box recorders. They are bomb-proof structures that hold digital recordings of cockpit conversations as well as detailed flight data and control surface data.

? Fact #2: All black box recorders transmit locator signals for at least 30 days after falling into the ocean

Yet the black box from this particular incident hasn't been detected at all. That's why investigators are having such trouble finding it. Normally, they only need to "home in" on the black box transmitter signal. But in this case, the absence of a signal means the black box itself -- an object designed to survive powerful explosions -- has either vanished, malfunctioned or been obliterated by some powerful force beyond the worst fears of aircraft design engineers.

? Fact #3: Many parts of destroyed aircraft are naturally bouyant and will float in water

In past cases of aircraft destroyed over the ocean or crashing into the ocean, debris has always been spotted floating on the surface of the water. That's because -- as you may recall from the safety briefing you've learned to ignore -- "your seat cushion may be used as a flotation device."

Yes, seat cushions float. So do many other non-metallic aircraft parts. If Flight 370 was brought down by an explosion of some sort, there would be massive debris floating on the ocean, and that debris would not be difficult to spot. The fact that it has not yet been spotted only adds to the mystery of how Flight 370 appears to have literally vanished from the face of the Earth.

? Fact #4: If a missile destroyed Flight 370, the missile would have left a radar signature

One theory currently circulating on the 'net is that a missile brought down the airliner, somehow blasting the aircraft and all its contents to "smithereens" -- which means very tiny pieces of matter that are undetectable as debris.

The problem with this theory is that there exists no known ground-to-air or air-to-air missile with such a capability. All known missiles generate tremendous debris when they explode on target. Both the missile and the debris produce very large radar signatures which would be easily visible to both military vessels and air traffic authorities.

? Fact #5: The location of the aircraft when it vanished is not a mystery

Air traffic controllers have full details of almost exactly where the aircraft was at the moment it vanished. They know the location, elevation and airspeed -- three pieces of information which can readily be used to estimate the likely location of debris.

Remember: air safety investigators are not stupid people. They've seen mid-air explosions before, and they know how debris falls. There is already a substantial data set of airline explosions and crashes from which investigators can make well-educated guesses about where debris should be found. And yet, even armed with all this experience and information, they remain totally baffled on what happened to Flight 370.

? Fact #6: If Flight 370 was hijacked, it would not have vanished from radar

Hijacking an airplane does not cause it to simply vanish from radar. Even if transponders are disabled on the aircraft, ground radar can still readily track the location of the aircraft using so-called "passive" radar (classic ground-based radar systems that emit a signal and monitor its reflection).

Thus, the theory that the flight was hijacked makes no sense whatsoever. When planes are hijacked, they do not magically vanish from radar.

Conclusion: Flight 370 did not explode; it vanished
The inescapable conclusion from what we know so far is that Flight 370 seems to have utterly and inexplicably vanished. It clearly was not hijacked (unless there is a cover-up regarding the radar data), and we can all be increasingly confident by the hour that this was not a mid-air explosion (unless debris suddenly turns up that they've somehow missed all along).

The inescapable conclusion is that Flight 370 simply vanished in some way that we do not yet understand. This is what is currently giving rise to all sorts of bizarre-sounding theories across the 'net, including discussions of possible secret military weapons tests, Bermuda Triangle-like ripples in the fabric of spacetime, and even conjecture that non-terrestrial (alien) technology may have teleported the plane away.

Personally, I'm not buying any of that without a lot more evidence. The most likely explanation so far is that the debris simply hasn't been found yet because it fell over an area which is somehow outside the search zone. But as each day goes by, even this explanation becomes harder and harder to swallow.

The frightening part about all this is not that we will find the debris of Flight 370; but rather that we won't. If we never find the debris, it means some entirely new, mysterious and powerful force is at work on our planet which can pluck airplanes out of the sky without leaving behind even a shred of evidence.

If there does exist a weapon with such capabilities, whoever control it already has the ability to dominate all of Earth's nations with a fearsome military weapon of unimaginable power. That thought is a lot more scary than the idea of an aircraft suffering a fatal mechanical failure.
I only do what the voices in my wife's head tell her to tell me to do.

Offline Bearhunter

• Water Stone
Yeah OP... interesting stuff for sure!
I've been following this as well :shrug: :confused:

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

Don't wait until it's too late to live your dream!

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
It will take some time to find the place.  It is looking more and more like it was a target of terrorists given the two passengers using stolen passports. 
Flight recorders can fail to transmit.  It is a very large body of water to search and if the plane altered its flight course, as is being suggested, then finding it is all the more difficult.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns  something he can learn in no other way. 
(Mark Twain)

Offline Old Philosopher

• Belt Grinder
It will take some time to find the place.  It is looking more and more like it was a target of terrorists given the two passengers using stolen passports. 
Flight recorders can fail to transmit.  It is a very large body of water to search and if the plane altered its flight course, as is being suggested, then finding it is all the more difficult.
I've followed my kids' flights across country with just the live tracks available to civilians. Flight data is transmitted approx. every 10 minutes. A change in heading would also show up on radar. That's why they say they know exactly where it was when it went off radar, and stopped transmitting, or at least have it pinpointed to within however far it could have traveled, given ground speed during less than 10 minutes.

Have you heard how many aircraft were/are involved in looking for debris?

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
The article said eight countries have 40 boats and 34 planes involved in the search.  In addition China is sending another 150 investigators to the area.  The reports says they found an oil slick but results are not complete.  This is a foreign airliner and may not have followed the procedures you are used to regarding monitoring.

As you say they apparently know where the plane was when it disappeared and are searching in a wider area around there.

I am enclosing a link to the last report I read. 
http://www.voanews.com/content/vietnam-searchers-fail-to-find-debris-from-missing-airliner/1867761.html

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns  something he can learn in no other way. 
(Mark Twain)

Offline Bearhunter

• Water Stone

Offline Old Philosopher

• Belt Grinder
Here's somemore info...

http://www.foxnews.mobi/quickPage.html?page=22995&external=2572837.proteus.fma#quickPage_html_page_22995_content_102533663_pageNum_1

Good find, BH. Goes into the tracking methods pretty well, if you read all 4 pages at the link.

Offline Bearhunter

• Water Stone
Here's somemore info...

http://www.foxnews.mobi/quickPage.html?page=22995&external=2572837.proteus.fma#quickPage_html_page_22995_content_102533663_pageNum_1

Good find, BH. Goes into the tracking methods pretty well, if you read all 4 pages at the link.

Thanks OP :)

And yeah it does explain the tracking quite well!

This whole thing is just crazy!

Offline Old Philosopher

• Belt Grinder
Here's somemore info...

Thanks OP :)

And yeah it does explain the tracking quite well!

This whole thing is just crazy!

It also explains that the course change to 040 was normal for that flight plan.

Reading between the lines, what wasn't said was how many other flights in that vicinity are 'lost' due to radio signals vs. distance over ocean.  If every other flight over that general spot had a gap in transmissions, I'd buy that it wasn't unusual to "loose" them.

Offline Old Philosopher

• Belt Grinder
2nd and 3rd hand reports:

http://www.infowars.com/disappearance-of-malaysia-airlines-flight-370-begins-to-demand-supernatural-explanations/

Mike Adams
Natural News
March 11, 2014

As the search for Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 continues to absolutely baffle investigators, explanations for what might have happened to the flight have entered the realm of the supernatural. Astonishingly, the Washington Post is now reporting that smartphones of some passengers who boarded the flight are still active and connected to the ?net even though the plane they were on has vanished.

As WashPost reports:

One of the most eerie rumors came after a few relatives said they were able to call the cellphones of their loved ones or find them on a Chinese instant messenger service called QQ that indicated that their phones were still somehow online.

A migrant worker in the room said that several other workers from his company were on the plane, including his brother-in-law. Among them, the QQ accounts of three still showed that they were online, he said Sunday afternoon.

Adding to the mystery, other relatives in the room said that when they dialed some passengers? numbers, they seemed to get ringing tones on the other side even though the calls were not picked up.

Four mind-bending possibilities, none of which seem possible

This brings up the immediate bind-bending question of how electronic devices on a commercial flight that vanished still appear to be connected to the internet. The explanations for this defy everything we think we know about reality....

Offline Bearhunter

• Water Stone
OP...
I've also read that some of the passengers have been online :confused:

Internet connection... cell phone connection :shrug:

I suppose only time will tell!

What if... just what if it was stolen?
A plane that size doesn't just 'disappear'!
As has been mentioned... lots of things on those planes float!

Offline Bearhunter

• Water Stone
Kinda makes me wonder...

DB Cooper...

He sure as hell pulled it off!

Offline Old Philosopher

• Belt Grinder
I don't know if the Black Boxes can be turned off by the crew. If the plane was "stolen", or "hijacked", or whatever you want to call it, that doesn't explain it disappearing from all radar tracking. For the cellphones to still be online, but the plane's tracking data transmitters to be silent is more than just a mystery...it's dang near impossible.

Kinda makes me wonder...

DB Cooper...

Apples and oranges. He disappeared into the night, but he wasn't a whole jumbo jet!

Offline Dabberty

• Whetstone +
    • My outdoor & DIY blog
So far I just think that the planes crashed somewhere on the mainland. That would explain why some mobiles still work and have signals.
(My phone also connects to the internet whenever there is a signal)
If the mobile phone story is really true, then it should be easy for the authorities to locate the plane by using the triangular tracking from signal towers.
So I assume any moment they will find the plane.

My outdoor & DIY blog:  www.dabberty.com

Offline Bearhunter

• Water Stone
I don't know if the Black Boxes can be turned off by the crew. If the plane was "stolen", or "hijacked", or whatever you want to call it, that doesn't explain it disappearing from all radar tracking. For the cellphones to still be online, but the plane's tracking data transmitters to be silent is more than just a mystery...it's dang near impossible.

Kinda makes me wonder...

DB Cooper...

Apples and oranges. He disappeared into the night, but he wasn't a whole jumbo jet!

It went below the radar... clocked?
China... Malaysia...
Stealth technology?

Offline Bearhunter

• Water Stone
So far I just think that the planes crashed somewhere on the mainland. That would explain why some mobiles still work and have signals.
If the mobile phone story is really true, then it should be easy for the authorities to locate the plane by using the triangular tracking from signal towers.

I understand your philosophy...

But why hasn't it happened?

I'm not a 'conspiracy' nut, but this whole thing really baffles me :shrug:

Offline Dabberty

• Whetstone +
    • My outdoor & DIY blog
Well, so far from what i have seen, the "mobile phone still working news" has not been released by official channels, only by some of those 'conspiracy' websites, who seem to like spreading these kind of rumors to get more web traffic.

I've a quite good source, my colleague who is based in CBJ his best friend and 19 co-workers of his friend where/are on that plane.

Offline Old Philosopher

• Belt Grinder
What would be a brutal dive, but if it plummeted below the radar and then made it to land, that would explain no floating wreckage. But...it would have to go from 36,000 feet to about 500 feet in less than a second for the flight data not to transmit a change in altitude.  And there we no distress calls from the crew.

Well, so far from what i have seen, the "mobile phone still working news" has not been released by official channels, only by some of those 'conspiracy' websites, who seem to like spreading these kind of rumors to get more web traffic.

I've a quite good source, my colleague who is based in CBJ his best friend and 19 co-workers of his friend where/are on that plane.

Is the Washington Post a 'conspiracy' website? I don't know 'cause I don't visit it. Does your colleague have any insights?

Offline Bearhunter

• Water Stone
They'll prolly find a seat cousion tomorrow and say... there's nothing to see here folks... just move along ;)

Offline Bearhunter

• Water Stone

Actually it was released on the 'main stream news' !

Offline Dabberty

• Whetstone +
    • My outdoor & DIY blog
OP,
this is exactly where the rumors come from.
I just checked the washington post as you mentioned as a source, and there is nothing about the mobile phone thingy.
Click the link and check it yourself..
http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/lost-the-mysterious-baffling-disappearance-of-malaysia-flight-370/2014/03/11/1b7e390e-a94f-11e3-b61e-8051b8b52d06_story.html?hpid=z1

My colleague has no other news then what we can see in the currently released news.
Sad but true.

Bear,
got any link to official statements ?

Offline Dabberty

• Whetstone +
    • My outdoor & DIY blog
I searched for the mobile phone ringing thingy, and indeed, some official websites report the story that "media" is spreading the news about it.
And then came across this CNN story about it.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/12/world/asia/mh370-phone-theory-debunked/
"When a cell phone rings, he told "The Situation Room," it first connects with the network and attempts to locate the end-user's phone.
"If it doesn't find the phone after a few minutes, after a few rings, then typically, it disconnects and that's what's happening," he said.
"So, they're hearing ringing and they're assuming it's connecting to their loved ones, but it's not. It's the network sending a signal to the phone letting them know it's looking for them."
Kagan told Wolf Blitzer that the technology meant he couldn't speculate on what ringing phones in this situation could mean.
"Just because you're getting ringing, just because the signs that we see on these cell phones, that's no proof that there's any -- that's just the way the networks work."

Now, it's not that I'm trying to de-bunk anything, but I try to be realistic, and keep with the facts on this one, since it is actual and 200+ people are most likely dead. And when my colleague told me about his best friend and his co-workers being on that flight, I'm very careful and try to find real facts.

Just like the report yesterday that it was seen flying through the street of Malakka, some hours later some high officer claimed that this was never released to the press.
It must hurt the families a lot, to hear constant crap and bull from websites who most likely are just interested in generating traffic.

That's my 2 cents, and if i get some more 'new' and confirmed info from my colleague, i will share it here.

Offline Old Philosopher

• Belt Grinder
I searched for the mobile phone ringing thingy, and indeed, some official websites report the story that "media" is spreading the news about it.
And then came across this CNN story about it....
Thanks for clearing that up, and thanks for all your research. "Jumping to conclusions" is an unfortunate aspect of tragedies like this. What's the old saying, "Hope springs eternal."?

The real mystery, even to the experts, is the simultaneous loss of radar contact, and the Black Box(s) malfunctioning.

The only explanation I can come up with for the locater beacons and voice radios to fail instantly is if they got fried by an EMP of some sort, from unknown origin. And it would have to be localized, because no other electronics in the area were affected.

Offline mibuwulf

• Whetstone +
I was following another lead about those "red haired giants" in the U.S. people have talked about for years, and found this. It's an undersea expedition out of japan. Several interesting finds, but the skeleton takes the prize.

http://asianwavemag.com/uncategorized/exciting-diving-trip-eleven-underwater-graves-in-world-2/

As far as the giant skeletons in Japan, one must keep in mind that the current Japanese are not the original people of the islands.  The indigenous people of Japan is actually the Ainu who are currently still existence today.

Offline Dabberty

• Whetstone +
    • My outdoor & DIY blog
[offtopic]
Just checked on the Ainu, on wikipedia is a nice pic of them from 1903. In the right background is a quite nice axe standing :-)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:V.M._Doroshevich-Sakhalin._Part_II._Group_of_Ainu_People.png
[/offtopic]

Offline Old Philosopher

• Belt Grinder

As far as the giant skeletons in Japan, one must keep in mind that the current Japanese are not the original people of the islands.  The indigenous people of Japan is actually the Ainu who are currently still existence today.
That undersea photo of the skeleton has supposedly been debunked. But then anything unusual usually is...with great vigor.
 :rolleyes:

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
And then came across this CNN story about it.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/12/world/asia/mh370-phone-theory-debunked/
"When a cell phone rings, he told "The Situation Room," it first connects with the network and attempts to locate the end-user's phone.
"If it doesn't find the phone after a few minutes, after a few rings, then typically, it disconnects and that's what's happening," he said.
"So, they're hearing ringing and they're assuming it's connecting to their loved ones, but it's not. It's the network sending a signal to the phone letting them know it's looking for them."
Kagan told Wolf Blitzer that the technology meant he couldn't speculate on what ringing phones in this situation could mean.
"Just because you're getting ringing, just because the signs that we see on these cell phones, that's no proof that there's any -- that's just the way the networks work."

Now, it's not that I'm trying to de-bunk anything, but I try to be realistic, and keep with the facts on this one, since it is actual and 200+ people are most likely dead. And when my colleague told me about his best friend and his co-workers being on that flight, I'm very careful and try to find real facts.

Just like the report yesterday that it was seen flying through the street of Malakka, some hours later some high officer claimed that this was never released to the press.
It must hurt the families a lot, to hear constant crap and bull from websites who most likely are just interested in generating traffic.

That's my 2 cents, and if i get some more 'new' and confirmed info from my colleague, i will share it here.

Thank you Dabberty.  Your information is good to read.  People jump to conclusions with events like this one and it does cause a lot of grief for those with friends and relatives on the plane.   
(Mark Twain)

Offline Old Philosopher

• Belt Grinder
Update.....

This location is quite aways from the last known location. Chinese satellite may have photo'd downed plane on 3/9.

http://www.northernstar.com.au/news/oil-rig-worker-says-he-saw-missing-plane-burning-s/2197416/

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
I just got home from a church supper and that was the topic of discussion at the table.  One person said they had seen this on the news just before coming to the supper.  I had not checked on issues for a few hours.  Hopefully this will lead to closure for the families of those lost on the plane and an explanation for the crash can be determined from the debris.
(Mark Twain)

Offline MnSportsman

• Diamond Stone
  • Just call me, JB, it is easier to type. ;)
A little background on the remains of a giant race found in the U.S.

http://www.cavelore.com/giantus.htm

Something for you to look at, if you hadn't seen it yet, Old P.,
:)

----------------------------

As far as the plane going down in such an unusual manner... Maybe it was hit by one of those incoming meteors that have been becoming more frequent as of late, or a group of meteors. Seems to me to be as good an explanation as any, of the other ideas & conjecture being put forth lately.

Very mysterious...It reminds me of that French flight that disappeared near Africa some years back. That was pretty mysterious also if I remember correctly. & a meteor strike was considered as a cause back then, also...
Who knows, but I would hope they can figure out something, for the families of the people on the flights' sake, anyway.
 :-\
I love being out in the woods!   I like this quote from Mors Kochanski - "The more you know, the less you carry". I believe in the same creed, & think  "Knowledge & honed skills" are the best things to carry with ya when you're out in the wilds. They're the ultimate "ultralight" gear! ;)

Offline Old Philosopher

• Belt Grinder

Something for you to look at, if you hadn't seen it yet, Old P.,

----------------------------

Thanks for the vid. Any idea where the rest of it is? That was worse than The Sopranos, cutting off in mid sentence at the end.  :(

When you go to the YT page, there are some other very interesting links to other videos in the right panel.

Offline Bearhunter

• Water Stone
Anyone else still following the missing/stolen 777 story? :crazy:

Offline xj35s

• Water Stone
  • If I go missing, carladerby at gmail for info.
Sure took a lot of attention from the Ukraine. Hey Squirrel!!!!....
pessimist complain about the wind. optimist expect the wind to change. realist adjusts the sails.

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
Sure did. 
(Mark Twain)

Offline Old Philosopher

• Belt Grinder

Sure did. 

Nothing paranormal about a good media diversion....

Offline MnSportsman

• Diamond Stone

Sure did. 

Nothing paranormal about a good media diversion....

Lol  :thumbsup:  Bolded above...
Good one & so true...

Bright & shiny objects to distract...

I love being out in the woods!   I like this quote from Mors Kochanski - "The more you know, the less you carry". I believe in the same creed, & think  "Knowledge & honed skills" are the best things to carry with ya when you're out in the wilds. They're the ultimate "ultralight" gear! ;)

Offline Moe M.

• Diamond Stone

Anybody got any good tin hat theory's,  I'm no expert on any of this stuff and I haven't kept up with it like some,  I thought the mystery was solved a couple of times,  but like bad smells and fruit flies it seems to keep coming back.
  First it was a hijacking, then they found an oil slick in the ocean somewhere and called it solved,  I read that it's thought that the captain had a seasure at the controls and the plane dived when he feel on them,  and something about the change in oxygen or cabin pressure killed everyone in the plane within seconds (no Mayday calls).
  Then it's theorized that two passengers stole Passports and set off an explosive that turned the plane to dust (no wreckage).
  Well none of that worked so a new wrinkle was inserted having the plane flying itself for up to half a day on Otto Pilot (I just couldn't help myself),  now they are looking for old landing strips with a 7000 foot runway where the plane could have made a landing,  and in the mix somewhere is a question about why the pilots family decided to up and move the morning after the plane went missing.

I'm waiting for the powers that be over this mystery to throw up there hands and call it a alien abduction,  or ask Unsolved Mysteries to take over and do a show on it.

All very strange,  there is another theory,  but I can't mention it here because it's too political.     :lol:

What I find hard to swallow is that a plane that size carrying over 200 passengers can just disappear off the radar scopes,  that with computers today able to use models of various flight paths the plane could have taken,  given the weight of the plane, fuel carried, and general area from where it took off from in the world,  they don't have a clue where it is.

Or they do know,  and it's too unbelievable for us to fathom,  and they aren't telling us.     :devil:    :stir:

Offline Old Philosopher

• Belt Grinder
The last I heard they figured someone on board turned off the locater beacon manually. *CLICK* - the plane "disappears". Now all that's tracking it is radar. Civilian radar track records differ from the military radar tracks. WTH? 
Was it hijacked? Doubtful, since there was no voice communications with anyone on the plane (e.g., the 9/11 scenarios). Was it "stolen" by the crew?  If so, why, and where was the intended destination? None of those explanations seem to make any sense on the surface.  Did either of the above scenarios fail, and the plane crash miles from its original flight plan?  ???  And if it didn't crash, what is the fate of the passengers?
And then there are those nagging "political" explanations & questions.  Even if it was shot out of the air, there are no AAMs (that we know of) that can vaporize an aircraft that size.

Offline Moe M.

• Diamond Stone
The last I heard they figured someone on board turned off the locater beacon manually. *CLICK* - the plane "disappears". Now all that's tracking it is radar. Civilian radar track records differ from the military radar tracks. WTH? 
Was it hijacked? Doubtful, since there was no voice communications with anyone on the plane (e.g., the 9/11 scenarios). Was it "stolen" by the crew?  If so, why, and where was the intended destination? None of those explanations seem to make any sense on the surface.  Did either of the above scenarios fail, and the plane crash miles from its original flight plan?  ???  And if it didn't crash, what is the fate of the passengers?
And then there are those nagging "political" explanations & questions.  Even if it was shot out of the air, there are no AAMs (that we know of) that can vaporize an aircraft that size.

The big haunting question I have is why the pilot ended his last transmission with the words "Good Night",  there's an awful lot that can be implied from that.

I'm not an airline pilot,  is it normal that when you get a huge passenger plane in the air and set a course that's it,  end of any more communications until you reach your destination ?
  If so,  does that assume that the flight is going to last all night,  even leaving the East Coast and traveling to the Pacific Rim you have changes of flights, several landings and take offs,  again I could be wrong,  but aren't 12 hour flights (actual flying time start to finish) a bit unusual ?

Offline Old Philosopher

• Belt Grinder

The big haunting question I have is why the pilot ended his last transmission with the words "Good Night",  there's an awful lot that can be implied from that.

I'm not an airline pilot,  is it normal that when you get a huge passenger plane in the air and set a course that's it,  end of any more communications until you reach your destination ?
  If so,  does that assume that the flight is going to last all night,  even leaving the East Coast and traveling to the Pacific Rim you have changes of flights, several landings and take offs,  again I could be wrong,  but aren't 12 hour flights (actual flying time start to finish) a bit unusual ?
I'm not a pilot, either, but on night flights I've taken, when the passengers are normally sleeping, there is no communication or announcements from the crew.  If the pilot was saying "good night" to the passengers, that doesn't strike me as unusual.
I've been on much longer than 12 hour flights across the Pacific, non-stop (Duh..) There are non-stop flights from our East Coast to our West Coast, but you pay through the nose for them! A non-stop flight from Malaysia to Beijing sounds pretty reasonable, to me.
As far as auto-pilot, my understanding is that it's protocol these days with modern avionics. Some systems allow for course changes to even be preprogrammed. If the plane isn't "locked onto course", the pilot or copilot would have to be constantly manhandling the controls, and adjusting form minor physical errors that would change the course.  It's better than cruise control on you car when driving a highway for long distances at a set speed.
From what little I know about the jetliners, once you get to cruising altitude, lock in your final heading, and then put it on "auto", the crew just takes turns catching "40 winks" until the next nav point.

Offline MnSportsman

• Diamond Stone
My Brother was returning from Seoul , S Korea a day or so ago,& sent me an email about our mother, who is to have surgery on Thursday, while he was "in flight" over the Pacific Ocean...     It occurred to me... Why has there not been one single text/email/phone call from those who were on that missing flight, since the last time it was considered missing?  Not one attempt to contact anyone?  ...Hey, not everyone sleeps on those type of flights...Think on it... NO contact , even from 200+ passengers... ??? Go figure... :shrug:   My brother travels all over the world, very often, and has been doing so over many many years... He is a well known , published, professor/PH.D.. If something like this happened on a flight he was on, he would attempt at least some kind of a message, anyway he could... Hell, he was an Eagle scout... He would "try", anyway... :shrug: who knows...It is still pretty doggone mysterious...:

Offline Old Philosopher

• Belt Grinder
My Brother was returning from Seoul , S Korea a day or so ago,& sent me an email about our mother, who is to have surgery on Thursday, while he was "in flight" over the Pacific Ocean...     It occurred to me... Why has there not been one single text/email/phone call from those who were on that missing flight, since the last time it was considered missing?  Not one attempt to contact anyone?  ...Hey, not everyone sleeps on those type of flights...Think on it... NO contact , even from 200+ passengers... ??? Go figure... :shrug:   My brother travels all over the world, very often, and has been doing so over many many years... He is a well known , published, professor/PH.D.. If something like this happened on a flight he was on, he would attempt at least some kind of a message, anyway he could... Hell, he was an Eagle scout... He would "try", anyway... :shrug: who knows...It is still pretty doggone mysterious...:
It's details such as this that makes me still consider some sort of EMP hit the plane.  Externally, or internally.

Offline Bearhunter

• Water Stone
I honestly think that it was stolen!!!

What happened to the passengers... I dunno :shrug:

Most were Chinese... asylum?

I DO NOT believe that it crashed!

Its somewhere... but where? Many believe it's in Pakistan!
Its NOT at the bottom of the ocean!

Malaysia is a strong hold communist country... China is very close...
Keep your mouth shut... pay the $ and go!
Far fetched... maybe!

All didn't have to be involved... just a select few!

« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 10:18:50 PM by Bearhunter »

Offline Bearhunter

• Water Stone

Offline MnSportsman

• Diamond Stone
  I am thinking that the experienced pilot who offers a possible scenario, in the article linked below, may have nailed what happened. A Very plausible explanation, the way I read this article:

http://www.wired.com/autopia/2014/03/mh370-electrical-fire/

Offline Old Philosopher

• Belt Grinder
  I am thinking that the experienced pilot who offers a possible scenario, in the article linked below, may have nailed what happened. A Very plausible explanation, the way I read this article:

http://www.wired.com/autopia/2014/03/mh370-electrical-fire/

Outstanding find, JB!  Hopefully, the PTB are listening to this guy. Thanks for posting it.

Offline Bearhunter

• Water Stone
Sorry... I'm not buying it!

Offline Old Philosopher

• Belt Grinder
Sorry... I'm not buying it!

Neither was one of the commentators to the article.
But I find the idea that they are on the ground with all the passengers being held hostage, and multiple countries lying about it even less likely.

Offline Moe M.

• Diamond Stone
  It's still fresh meat for the media,  but we may have to resign outselves to the possibility that this may never be solved,  it quite possibly could be another Emilia Earhart event.