Author Topic: "Twilight Zone" paranormal - supernatural - unexplained thread *special rules*  (Read 115399 times)

Offline wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
  • "You want a toe? I can get you a toe." -Sobchak
Even going fishing with no fishing rod or bait is more exciting!
The only chance you got at a education is listenin' to me talk!
Augustus McCrae.....Texas Ranger      Lonesome Dove, TX

Offline zammer

• Water Stone
Here you go, took this unknowingly back in July of 07 from a look-out along Hamilton Mtn, didn't realize I had caught anything until I stitched the photos together for a Pano. Hopefully it will enlarge enough, but if is does not then download it and enlarge it with whatever photo viewer you use..........Its not a balloon, Copter or Plane, and the Hamilton Mountain airport has looked into it and have no record of anything in that area of the sky at the time, while they did not tell me it was anything E.T they did say they had no idea what it was.

EDIT:  link below
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 06:12:47 PM by zammer »
"big fish like to live in bad places, that's how they get to be big fish"

Offline wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
 :shrug:  ERROR MESSAGE

Offline zammer

• Water Stone
:shrug:  ERROR MESSAGE

Try this...it should show up as a pic with black background, if so...look at bottom right corner, you should see three small dots, click that and you have two options, 1 to download and 2 to view original, if you click view original it should open up large enough to see the object in the sky

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/je4yo7a0kzh1uf3/hSjN7wYISG?lst#lh:null-2pic%20pana%20ham%20july%2021-07%20contains%20ufo.jpg

Offline wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
I see a an unidentified yellow object that I'm reasonably certain is NOT a Bigfoot! O:-)

Offline zammer

• Water Stone
I see a an unidentified yellow object that I'm reasonably certain is NOT a Bigfoot! O:-)

I concur...lol

Offline WoodsWoman

• Diamond Stone
  • Minnesota
Whoa...  and I spread the screen out on top of it all...    That's scary...

Its a bird.. Its a plane.. its...its.....

WW.
On particularly rough days when I'm sure I can't possibly endure, I like to remind myself that my track record for getting through bad days so far is 100% and that's pretty good.

Offline rtaylor129

• Whetstone +
  • Banned
A story from when I was 13 years old. I lived in a home for about 7 years. My father decided to start remodeling our home starting with the basement which is where my bedroom was.  Well I would hear someone talking about 230 in the morning every night. After about a week I asked my dad about it. His response was you heard that also. Freaked me out a bit. Then that night I was awoken by my bed shakin and my covers flying off of me. I screamed and my father came running down and he actually saw something at the bottom of my bed. Couldn't see a face but saw someone shaking my bed. This stuff went on for over a month and then we had our minister come in and bless the home. After the blessing things seemed to stop. But, every once in a while I would see a woman standing on my basement steps just staring at me. So I am a firm believer in the after life and such.
Banned for trying to scam members and lying.

Offline MnSportsman

• Diamond Stone
  • Just call me, JB, it is easier to type. ;)
  Saw 14 really nice pics , of a skyline, some ducks, a bird, & ship pics and some of the moon. But I didn't see anything special. What am I missing? I spent more time looking all over the sky on the first skyline pic & saw nothing but blue sky & clouds. Help me out here please. I even zoomed on the sky & looked..
 :shrug:

I love being out in the woods!   I like this quote from Mors Kochanski - "The more you know, the less you carry". I believe in the same creed, & think  "Knowledge & honed skills" are the best things to carry with ya when you're out in the wilds. They're the ultimate "ultralight" gear! ;)

Offline zammer

• Water Stone
  Saw 14 really nice pics , of a skyline, some ducks, a bird, & ship pics and some of the moon. But I didn't see anything special. What am I missing? I spent more time looking all over the sky on the first skyline pic & saw nothing but blue sky & clouds. Help me out here please. I even zoomed on the sky & looked..

Did you view the pic in original size? if not...look down in the bottom right corner for 3 dots ... when you hover over them it will say something like more actions, click it...and then view original image.

Look about 1/3 over from the left of the pic and about 1/5 down from the top, you should be able to see a yellow object

Offline MnSportsman

• Diamond Stone
Going to look now. Thanks!
 :)

Thanks for repeating your directions. I missed the the first time ya gave them.I have been goin in & out of the kitchen trying to make some supper before the missus came home. been skipping around & missed it then. Thanks again!..

ETA - Whooahh.. Found it Sure looks like a disk or something like it. It is directly up from the left side of the large tan building, if anyone else is as blind as I was. Blowing up the pic was  the ticket. I was looking in too close it seems & went right by it..

Very unusual.

« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 07:08:08 PM by MnSportsman »
I love being out in the woods!   I like this quote from Mors Kochanski - "The more you know, the less you carry". I believe in the same creed, & think  "Knowledge & honed skills" are the best things to carry with ya when you're out in the wilds. They're the ultimate "ultralight" gear! ;)

Offline Old Philosopher

• Belt Grinder
  • "I have an opinion about that...."

Did you view the pic in original size? if not...look down in the bottom right corner for 3 dots ... when you hover over them it will say something like more actions, click it...and then view original image.

Look about 1/3 over from the left of the pic and about 1/5 down from the top, you should be able to see a yellow object
I don't see a yellow object, but I see a nice shot of a helicopter in that area headed from left to right.

I only do what the voices in my wife's head tell her to tell me to do.

Offline Old Philosopher

• Belt Grinder
A story from when I was 13 years old. I lived in a home for about 7 years. My father decided to start remodeling our home starting with the basement which is where my bedroom was.  Well I would hear someone talking about 230 in the morning every night. After about a week I asked my dad about it. His response was you heard that also. Freaked me out a bit. Then that night I was awoken by my bed shakin and my covers flying off of me. I screamed and my father came running down and he actually saw something at the bottom of my bed. Couldn't see a face but saw someone shaking my bed. This stuff went on for over a month and then we had our minister come in and bless the home. After the blessing things seemed to stop. But, every once in a while I would see a woman standing on my basement steps just staring at me. So I am a firm believer in the after life and such.
Thanks for sharing! Multiple witnesses (you and your dad) always get my attention.

Offline zammer

• Water Stone
I don't see a yellow object, but I see a nice shot of a helicopter in that area headed from left to right.

1, There is a Hospital ( Hamilton General ) with a Heli-pad, Helicoptors are not rare in the area but when they are around they can easily be heard plus they are all Orange.

2, Helicopters have windows rotors, skids, markings, numbers etc,   something to break up their look, the object I have in my pic exhibits none of those characteristics.... I've taken lots of pics of helicopters none looked like that.

3, Are you saying the object in my pic looks remotely like the blue helicopter you posted?

4, The Airport confirmed after looking at the pic that it certainly was not a helicopter, and there was no Helicopter flight activity in that area that they had a record of.

But keep the guesses coming... :cheers:

Offline zammer

• Water Stone
Going to look now. Thanks!
Thanks for repeating your directions. I missed the the first time ya gave them.I have been goin in & out of the kitchen trying to make some supper before the missus came home. been skipping around & missed it then. Thanks again!..
ETA - Whooahh.. Found it Sure looks like a disk or something like it. It is directly up from the left side of the large tan building, if anyone else is as blind as I was. Blowing up the pic was  the ticket. I was looking in too close it seems & went right by it..
Very unusual.

Glad you found it JB, it is def strange. Tho I have not posted the pic much online, the pic has been shared with several friends who have asked friends of theirs to look at it and try to discern what it might be, the answer has always ended up the same, they think its a cool pic but have no idea what it is.

Offline Old Philosopher

• Belt Grinder
Oops... Step back jack... I don't have my best photo editing software on this computer, but I played with that image a bit.

This is enhance just below the threshold where pixelation destroys the image. The exposure and histogram were tweaked.

I don't know what ya got there, but it ain't no heliocalopter....ma ybe. It reminds me of that drawing of the witch and the beautiful woman. I can still see a 'copter there, but something else if I refocus my eyes.

« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 10:45:46 PM by Old Philosopher »

Offline Old Philosopher

• Belt Grinder
Something to ponder.....

Giant skeletons:

http://www.redicecreations.com/article.php?id=23591

Offline weedeater64

• Whetstone +
From your link,

But the skeletons placed on display are normal-sized, and according to some sources, the skeletons of giants have been covered up.

What sources???

Also,

On 10 August 1891, the New York Times reported that scientists from the Smithsonian Institution had discovered several large "pyramidal monuments" on Lake Mills, near Madison, Wisconsin. "Madison was in ancient days the centre of a teeming population numbering not less than 200,000," the Times said. The excavators found an elaborate system of defensive works which they named Fort Aztalan.

Note that is the only thing on that page they say scientists reported.

Here is what natgeo has to say,

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2007/12/071214-giant-skeleton.html
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 10:27:01 AM by weedeater64 »
It is time to refuse to tiptoe around people who claim respect, consideration, special treatment, on the grounds that they have a religious faith, as if having faith were a privilege endowing virtue, as if it were noble to believe in unsupported claims and ancient superstitions. - A.C. Grayling

Offline xj35s

• Water Stone
  • If I go missing, carladerby at gmail for info.
Zammer, were you in or near a park when you took that picture? I have seen a very similar picture of a delta wing R/C Airplane. If that is a flying wing with a 6 to 8 foot wingspan and is 1200- 1500 feet away the perspective would be of something much larger and further away.

Today's radios can fly beyond visual range. It's not uncommon to be a couple miles away form the plane.

The flying wings have an aerodynamic shape on the ends, they act as a rudder. I think I solved this. It's just a slight left bank with a little nose up.

Similar photo with more left bank, And one to show that they can be very large.

pessimist complain about the wind. optimist expect the wind to change. realist adjusts the sails.

Offline zammer

• Water Stone
Zammer, were you in or near a park when you took that picture? I have seen a very similar picture of a delta wing R/C Airplane. If that is a flying wing with a 6 to 8 foot wingspan and is 1200- 1500 feet away the perspective would be of something much larger and further away.

Today's radios can fly beyond visual range. It's not uncommon to be a couple miles away form the plane.

The flying wings have an aerodynamic shape on the ends, they act as a rudder. I think I solved this. It's just a slight left bank with a little nose up.

Similar photo with more left bank, And one to show that they can be very large.

You raise an interesting point XJ, there is in fact an RC Airplane club on the other side of the Bay in Burlington up near the top of the escarpment. Many folks from the area thought that perhaps it was a possibility but its a pretty far way off from the airpark, and there really were no small cameras like today to allow someone to fly by camera instead of by sight. I'm not saying it could not be that I just find it unlikely. I will try to throw up a map to show the approx areas of where I took the pic, where the airpark is etc...stay tuned

Offline Old Philosopher

• Belt Grinder
From your link,

But the skeletons placed on display are normal-sized, and according to some sources, the skeletons of giants have been covered up.

What sources???

Also,

On 10 August 1891, the New York Times reported that scientists from the Smithsonian Institution had discovered several large "pyramidal monuments" on Lake Mills, near Madison, Wisconsin. "Madison was in ancient days the centre of a teeming population numbering not less than 200,000," the Times said. The excavators found an elaborate system of defensive works which they named Fort Aztalan.

Note that is the only thing on that page they say scientists reported.

Here is what natgeo has to say,

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2007/12/071214-giant-skeleton.html
I'm not the one to ask "what sources", since I didn't write the article.

The photo referenced in the NatGeo article has been debunked since shortly after it appeared. There aren't too many details about the India find, but often times people will falsely claim involvement by notable institutions (e.g. NatGeo) to lend credibility to their story, whether the story is substantially true, or not.
So here we have 3 cases refuted/'debunked' by NatGeo, while all other reports which MAY bear further investigation are ignored. This happens a LOT in situations like this. When hoaxes are uncovered, they get all the publicity, while real questions go unanswered.

If you recall, the "Archaeoraptor" hoax burned NatGeo pretty badly, so they are always erring on the side of caution on anything even slightly outside mainstream scientific acceptance. That's putting it diplomatically, because NatGeo is extremely bias against anything paranormal, or "entra-normal".
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 11:57:49 AM by Old Philosopher »

Offline zammer

• Water Stone
I have done up a small map, I hope this allows you to zoom in and read the markers o.k

http://www.scribblemaps.com/maps/view/d0NNzw2k45/

The red triangle represents the area which I believe the object was in.

From the Airpark to where I believe the object is approx  ( represented by the #1 )  is approx 7km a little over 4 miles.

From where I took the photo to where I believe the approx object location is 3km just under 2miles.

I no longer have the individual shot which made up part of the pano, so I can't really get the exact EXIF info.

The object image needs to be downloaded and looked at 100% to get the proper feel for the distances, however with the Airpark slightly more than twice as far away from the object as from where I took the photo I believe that it would be hard to fly an RC plane from that distance and still be able to see it properly, plus you would be flying it over the City and near a Hospital ( with its own Heli-pad ) to me that seems a little risky.

Anyhoo, I hope the map helped ( make sure to open it full screen ) there is an icon to click on the far left...  :cheers:
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 12:56:17 PM by zammer »

Offline Old Philosopher

• Belt Grinder
I have done up a small map, I hope this allows you to zoom in and read the markers o.k

I will also throw up a screen shot of the overall area and describe what is what...

Cool!  Hehehe...I'm as excited to find that website as I am about your UFO. ;D  Thanks!

Offline Old Philosopher

• Belt Grinder

I will also throw up a screen shot of the overall area and describe what is what...
I have no trouble with the annotations, but what is the red line? Is that the track of the object?

Offline zammer

• Water Stone

I have no trouble with the annotations, but what is the red line? Is that the track of the object?

The straight red lines are lines of site from where the airpark is top of map and from where I took the photo bottom ( I have edited some additional info to my post above.

Yes that Scribble maps is cool... :thumbsup:

Offline weedeater64

• Whetstone +
More about 'giants' debunked here,

part 4 gets to the point,

It's just not possible.
It is time to refuse to tiptoe around people who claim respect, consideration, special treatment, on the grounds that they have a religious faith, as if having faith were a privilege endowing virtue, as if it were noble to believe in unsupported claims and ancient superstitions. - A.C. Grayling

Offline Old Philosopher

• Belt Grinder

It's just not possible.
I always enjoy it when I hear statements like this.  :lol:
It was 'impossible' to break the sound barrier. It was 'impossible' for a human to run a mile in less than 4 minutes.

I guess what the producers of this 'Bible debunking' series is saying is that we should ignore the megafauna (e.g. the baluchitherium, giant ground sloth, etc.) as being 'impossible' to support such body mass.

In the video (part 4) I heard at least one "let's assume", and the ending qualifier "unless they were of a different species" (paraphrased).  Well, duh....

Biblical references aside, it strikes me as strange that multiple cultures from around the World would take the time to carve into stone representations of giants who only existed in their nightmares....

Offline MnSportsman

• Diamond Stone

It had mtDNA (mitochondrial DNA) with mutations unknown in any human, primate, or animal known so far. But a few fragments I was able to sequence from this sample indicate that if these mutations will hold we are dealing with a new human-like creature, very distant from Homo sapiens, Neanderthals and Denisovans.

Here is a link to the article:

http://www.ancient-origins.net/news-evolution-human-origins/initial-dna-analysis-paracas-elongated-skull-released-incredible#.UvJA_gmoTFM.facebook

Red haired, big heads & tall...??
Hard to dispute forensic archaeology that uses DNA testing.

You can find out more if ya want.I just thought I would share this lil tidbit in this topic.

There is an awful lot of stuff that is out there that is being kept from the Gen. Public. Including Giant skeletons and elongated skull manlike creatures that lived long ago..

Kinda interesting, huh??

Offline Old Philosopher

• Belt Grinder
Thanks, JB.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
 Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
  • Hamlet, scene v"

Offline weedeater64

• Whetstone +
Photoshopped?

End of the Rainbow
The final item that we can tell from this picture comes from the faint blue and red patches. For example, her left arm (photo left-bottom corner) has a faint blue patch. There is a red patch on her back near her right armpit (lower-right corner). In fact, her face has many small blue patches and only a few small red patches.

The red/blue patches are rainbowing. They are a tell-tail sign that an Adobe product was used on this picture.

http://fotoforensics.com/sample-ela.php

http://fotoforensics.com/analysis.php?id=df063181915565ab66ef528d5e1e36f9dc8f342c.39459

Offline weedeater64

• Whetstone +

Here is a link to the article:

http://www.ancient-origins.net/news-evolution-human-origins/initial-dna-analysis-paracas-elongated-skull-released-incredible#.UvJA_gmoTFM.facebook

Hard to dispute forensic archaeology that uses DNA testing.

Lloyd Pye;

Lloyd Anthony Pye Jr. (September 7, 1946 ? December 9, 2013) was an American author and paranormal researcher best known for his promotion of the Starchild skull.[1] He claimed it was the relic of a human-alien hybrid, although DNA testing showed it to be from a human male.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lloyd_Pye

Who is this geneticist in Texas he allegedly sent these samples to?

Offline weedeater64

• Whetstone +
I guess what the producers of this 'Bible debunking' series is saying is that we should ignore the megafauna (e.g. the baluchitherium, giant ground sloth, etc.) as being 'impossible' to support such body mass.

Did you miss the part about retaining human features and proportions.

Offline MnSportsman

• Diamond Stone
   So, they photo shopped all of these skulls in these museum pics, eh?

As far as the name of the geneticist goes.  You brought it up. You go find out.
You are allegating photo trickery. Got any proof?

Offline weedeater64

• Whetstone +

I didn't say anything about photoshop regarding those skulls.

Nor did I bring up the geneticist. The link you posted claimed that Pye sent genetic samples to a geneticist. It failed to give his name. We know Pye has a history of making false claims of this type.

Offline MnSportsman

• Diamond Stone

Who is this geneticist in Texas he allegedly sent these samples to?

So, I miss read this question?
I don't think so. That is a direct quote from Your post above.
"Why don't ya ask the one who wrote the article?

Photoshopped?

End of the Rainbow
The final item that we can tell from this picture comes from the faint blue and red patches. For example, her left arm (photo left-bottom corner) has a faint blue patch. There is a red patch on her back near her right armpit (lower-right corner). In fact, her face has many small blue patches and only a few small red patches.

The red/blue patches are rainbowing. They are a tell-tail sign that an Adobe product was used on this picture.

http://fotoforensics.com/sample-ela.php

http://fotoforensics.com/analysis.php?id=df063181915565ab66ef528d5e1e36f9dc8f342c.39459

And you didn't post this post either? Then why did you post that post above?
Hmmm. Ghost posting must be going on here...

Nor did I bring up the geneticist. The link you posted claimed that Pye sent genetic samples to a geneticist. It failed to give his name. We know Pye has a history of making false claims of this type.

Well, what was the reason for bringing up "Photoshop" in the earlier post, if it was not about the skulls?

And yes I brought a link. I didn't write the article. You bring up Lloyd Pye, & the geneticist from Texas, from the article.
So like I said earlier, "Why don't ya ask the one who wrote the article?."

Who is "We" in the bolded sentence above?

Offline Old Philosopher

• Belt Grinder

Did you miss the part about retaining human features and proportions.
Why would you assume that I did?
There are no detailed descriptions given in the ancient texts, including the Bible. Only height and massive stature.
Alleged artifacts (re: MNS's post) certainly don't display "human features (OR) proportions".
The Sumerian murals depicting the Anunnaki, while humanoid in general, display some distinctly non-human characteristics, including skull shape, and height.

Lloyd Pye;

Lloyd Anthony Pye Jr. (September 7, 1946 ? December 9, 2013) was an American author and paranormal researcher best known for his promotion of the Starchild skull.[1] He claimed it was the relic of a human-alien hybrid, although DNA testing showed it to be from a human male.
False.  The mitochondrial DNA from the 'Star Child" skull only indicated it's mother was a human female. That's the only DNA they were able to isolate.

Offline MnSportsman

• Diamond Stone
A couple more:

http://www.ancient-origins.net/ancient-places-americas-opinion-guest-authors/elongated-human-skulls-peru-possible-evidence-lost

http://www.ancient-origins.net/unexplained-phenomena/13-alien-skulls-found-mexico-001047

From the last article referenced above:

These findings are quite dramatic, yet strangely unreported in mainstream publications and media reports.
Isn't that QFT?
;)

Offline MnSportsman

• Diamond Stone
   Just one more interesting thing to read about that seems to be unexplained. I have never heard of this before either.

http://www.ancient-origins.net/unexplained-phenomena-ancient-places-asia/ten-enduring-mysteries-longyou-caves-001248

Offline Old Philosopher

• Belt Grinder
 Col. Jessep: You want answers?
 Kaffee: I think I'm entitled to.
 Col. Jessep: *You want answers?*
 Kaffee: *I want the truth!*
 Col. Jessep: *You can't handle the truth!*

- A Few Good Men  - 1992

Offline MnSportsman

• Diamond Stone
   I remember that well, Old P..
;)

Offline Old Philosopher

• Belt Grinder
   Just one more interesting thing to read about that seems to be unexplained. I have never heard of this before either.

http://www.ancient-origins.net/unexplained-phenomena-ancient-places-asia/ten-enduring-mysteries-longyou-caves-001248
Nice find, JB. Verrrry interrrresting, as Arty Johnson would say.  ;)

Offline Old Philosopher

• Belt Grinder
Here's another one that may be of interest. The Yonaguni Monument in southern Japan.

http://www.thelivingmoon.com/43ancients/02files/Yonaguni_Monument_001.html

The Hancock photo album from the monument site. There are a variety of photos to be found elsewhere on the web.

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/yonaguni/esp_ruinas_yonaguni_4b.htm

This is one example of what the skeptics call "natural erosion".

« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 12:13:45 AM by Old Philosopher »

Offline Moe M.

• Diamond Stone

Who's turn is it ?

Where did he go ?

Like good wine,  this thread keeps getting better with age.     :stir:
In youth we learn,   with age we understand.

Offline weedeater64

• Whetstone +
"Why don't ya ask the one who wrote the article?

The one who wrote the article isn't here, and didn't post here. You did.

And you didn't post this post either? Then why did you post that post above?
Hmmm. Ghost posting must be going on here...

Well, what was the reason for bringing up "Photoshop" in the earlier post, if it was not about the skulls?

Unrelated, look at the links.

Who is "We" in the bolded sentence above?

Those of us who bothered to do a cursory examination of the page you linked. We know he is a fraud.

Offline weedeater64

• Whetstone +
False.  The mitochondrial DNA from the 'Star Child" skull only indicated it's mother was a human female. That's the only DNA they were able to isolate.

DNA testing

DNA testing in 1999 at BOLD (Bureau of Legal Dentistry), a forensic DNA lab in Vancouver, British Columbia found standard X and Y chromosomes in two samples taken from the skull, "conclusive evidence that the child was not only human (and male), but both of his parents must have been human as well, for each must have contributed one of the human sex chromosomes."[2]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starchild_skull

An American couple present to the media the skull of a child they claim was obtained 60-70 years ago from a cave in Mexico. The cranial cavity of this skull is grotesquely enlarged, and the other features appear human, but in a distorted form. The media dub the skull the ?starchild,? and speculate freely about the creature to whom it once belonged. Conservative scientists are convinced that the skull represents a severe congenital abnormality, but require more thorough examination before they can be more specific. Other investigators, however, reject this conclusion, and claim instead that the skull belongs either to an alien or an alien-human hybrid. They then begin an elaborate grass-roots campaign to convince the public of this startling conclusion, with some success.

Skeptics are all too familiar with the above sequence of events. The details, of course, change from episode to episode, but the themes are always the same. At the heart of the conflict is the difference in method between conventional, conservative, mainstream science, and what Carl Sagan dubbed ?the cheap imitation,? or what skeptics call ?pseudoscience.?
In view of such evidence, Pye and Bean can reasonably be expected to abandon their alien hypothesis, if they were genuine scientists. However, their website continues to support an alien interpretation of the Starchild, and this is what they have to say about the DNA evidence:

http://www.theness.com/index.php/the-starchild-project/

Offline weedeater64

• Whetstone +

Offline Moe M.

• Diamond Stone

Reminds me of the old saw,   "We",  do you have a mouse in your pocket" ?   :lol:
In youth we learn,   with age we understand.

Offline MnSportsman

• Diamond Stone
You are kicking a dead horse , as far as I am concerned.

I brought an article that fit the topic. I didn't write the article. I do not have to "vet" any article, unless I am the author.  If a person thinks the article was not forthcoming in providing the sources, then someone who wants to know the sources, should contact the author of the article, & not the one who brought the article to others attention.

To me, that is holding the messenger responsible for the message & not the originator of the message itself. You are attempting to get me to prove something that I do not need to prove. If I brought an article about someone who says they saw a ghost & took a picture/video of the ghost, and had it tested by an unnamed source like a film manufacturer, would you ask me to go get the name of the film manufacturer? Why not ask the person who wrote the article who the film manufacturer was, or the person who took the pic/video? Asking me is pointless, and I may add, a waste of time. Since I don't feel the need to try to persuade you of anything. You have your own mind,so you can make it up with or without further research of your own. I am not gonna do it for ya.

I would further add that when one is skeptical of something, and wishes to debate on the veracity or truthfullness of that something, that they should at least provide a reason for the skepticism. Your last posts posts to both Old P. & the Giants article, and my post of the elongated skulls, only show that you are skeptical of such things. It is not our responsibility to prove anything to you. If you want more info, go get it yourself. If you are skeptical, say so. Heck, ya don't even have to provide a reason. But I think that alleging that such things are hoaxes, without provenance, is not going to make your skepticism seem more important to others, but likely only make folks think your argument for skepticism is pointless, and lacks any backing.

Regardless, I recognize your skepticism, & I do not care about it any more. I am only posting this post to be polite. If you find that you want to bring some proof that what is being told in these articles is untrue & lacking veracity. I encourage you to do so. It would be interesting to see what you can provide. If you are just going to allege that others are doing something untruthful, or creating a hoax. Then show what was done to create the hoax, other wise you are just alleging & nothing else.

OK,now I think I have wasted enough time on this. So if ya care to reply to this post. Do not expect any return post from me, about what ya post in your reply. You believe what you like to believe & I will believe what I like to believe. I am certainly OK with that.

Have a nice day!

Offline weedeater64

• Whetstone +

Reminds me of the old saw,   "We",  do you have a mouse in your pocket" ?   :lol:

..on my ignore list...
lol

Offline weedeater64

• Whetstone +
would you ask me to go get the name of the film manufacturer

Yes, again because you are the one bringing it to the table here.

I don't feel the need to try to persuade you of anything

That is exactly what you are doing by perpetuating these hoaxes here.

should at least provide a reason for the skepticism

I did. Perhaps if you don't want your posts discussed, you shouldn't make them?

« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 11:56:40 AM by weedeater64 »