Author Topic: "Twilight Zone" paranormal - supernatural - unexplained thread *special rules*  (Read 121300 times)

Offline madmax

• Diamond Stone
  • The Phoenix
The Coral Castle used to be a popular site.  I think the back story of it is pretty cool too.  I kinda has to be experienced in person to get the full effect.  It's pretty hard to believe that little guy moved those huge stones with block and tackle.  And yes I know the saying, " Give me a fulcrum and I shall move the Earth."  But this is in Stonehenge, pyramids, and mayan building category.  One person.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 03:51:11 AM by madmax »
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving pretty with a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways in a cloud of smoke, thouroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, Wow! What a ride!" 
Hunter S, Thompson

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
Here is a good explanation of what he was doing.  The people who believe he levitated things won't like it but it is a good explanation of what he was doing.

https://www.livescience.com/41075-coral-castle.html
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns  something he can learn in no other way. 
(Mark Twain)

Offline madmax

• Diamond Stone
  • The Phoenix
Humph.  I like the notion that he sang "OM" to the stones at night, levitating them into their places, then collapsed in psychic exhaustion at dawn.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving pretty with a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways in a cloud of smoke, thouroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, Wow! What a ride!" 
Hunter S, Thompson

Offline Old Philosopher

• Belt Grinder
  • "I have an opinion about that...."
Here is a good explanation of what he was doing.  The people who believe he levitated things won't like it but it is a good explanation of what he was doing.

https://www.livescience.com/41075-coral-castle.html
That's a very good pragmatic view point.  Two things wrong with it. Benjamin Rradford is of the same ilk as Joe Nickell, a professional skeptic.  They make good money 'debunking' anything, and everything. I haven't read a lot of Radford's work, but some of the 'explanations' Mr. Nickell comes up with are more fantastic than accepting the improbable.

I would like to see all the evidence Mr. Irwin has regarding Ed moving these stones, including photos of the huge stones being lifted with block-and-tackle, levers, etc. by one man alone.  Radford's claim that the "stones aren't as heavy as they look" due to porosity is ridiculous. Over the years professionals who know stonework and the composition of materials have estimated their weights. Those folks aren't idiots, they work with the materials themselves.

If I had the time, energy and was 30 years younger, I'd launch a career of debunking the debunkers. :lol:

When you look at the massive stones atop the monoliths at Stone Henge, or the gargantuan effort of 100,000 workers operating 24 hrs/day on the Great Pyramid, it's convenient to believe it was all based upon numbers, and muscle.  But Ed worked alone, at night, and (as Radford admits) it would take a whole crew of workers with modern machinery to accomplish what he did.  One can reasonably assume that he worked under cover of darkness for a reason.  Irwin's claims, as a contractor, that conventional methods were possible, doesn't make an air-tight case that it was what Ed did.  I don't know what Irwin's agenda might have been, but he's the only one who claims to know the true methods of construction...whic h raises a red flag in my mind.
I only do what the voices in my wife's head tell her to tell me to do.

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
It isn't ridiculous that the stones are lighter if they are porous material.  His debunking is actually, to me, quite logical.  No one has ever, with a witness of any credibility, shown the ability to move objects with their thoughts.  Do you have a source for the professionals who have examined the stone and estimated their weight?   Why not just weigh one, there are several laying around that could be used to get something better than an estimate.

At some point people who believe this is the result of some super mental power need to face the fact that it cannot be demonstrated by those who claim to be able to do it.  Remember Uri Geller?

As to Stonehenge the National Geographic channel had a program on that seems to be a very well thought out method that was used to raise the stones.  They used it to raise some and it seemed to work as they thought it would.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns  something he can learn in no other way. 
(Mark Twain)

Offline Old Philosopher

• Belt Grinder
It isn't ridiculous that the stones are lighter if they are porous material.  His debunking is actually, to me, quite logical.  No one has ever, with a witness of any credibility, shown the ability to move objects with their thoughts.  Do you have a source for the professionals who have examined the stone and estimated their weight?   Why not just weigh one, there are several laying around that could be used to get something better than an estimate.

At some point people who believe this is the result of some super mental power need to face the fact that it cannot be demonstrated by those who claim to be able to do it.  Remember Uri Geller?

As to Stonehenge the National Geographic channel had a program on that seems to be a very well thought out method that was used to raise the stones.  They used it to raise some and it seemed to work as they thought it would.

I learned 52 years ago not to discount anything I didn't fully comprehend.  98% of the people you might ask will say they don't believe in human levitation...but I've witnessed it.  It was spontaneous on the part of the individual during a session of astral projection, and he had no real idea how it happened, nor could he ever hope to repeat it voluntarily.  But I digress....

Moving on.  As for other mysterious stonework aside from the Coral Castle, the walls and buildings I mentioned earlier still defy 'scientific' explanation.

The grand escarpment of Saqsaywaman, Peru, is only one one example of this type of work.

Here are a couple of interesting links on a possible explanation.  I still smile when I read the pragmatists saying all this was done with stone hammers.  The "chip-lift-and-check-reset" explanation is especially humorous.

http://www.ancient-origins.net/ancient-technology/could-ancient-peruvians-soften-stone-00847

https://ancientexplorermagazine.wordpress.com/2016/07/01/stone-softening-plants/

https://www.stijnvandenhoven.com/category/science-2/stone-softening/

Offline Old Philosopher

• Belt Grinder
I have no freakin' idea what happened to the fonts for those links in my last post, but they do work still.

Disregard..I fixed the links.

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
You did not answer my question on who the professionals who said the stones were not light are.
(Mark Twain)

Offline Old Philosopher

• Belt Grinder
You did not answer my question on who the professionals who said the stones were not light are.

It's not incumbent upon me to prove what they weigh.  Radford is the only dim-wit who claims "they aren't as heavy as they look".

https://readysettrek.com/coral-castle-draft/

https://en.wikiarquitectura.com/building/coral-castle/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coral_Castle

Offline imnukensc

• Water Stone
Guess I'm a dimwit, too.  The specific gravity of granite is 2650 Kg/m3.  The specific gravity of oolite is 1538 Kg/m3.  Yeah, they ain't as heavy as they look.  Not saying they ain't heavy.  Just not as heavy as they "look."  Damn, I hate it when scientific fact gets in the way of bullschitt.
The universe is made up of protons, neutrons, electrons, and morons.

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
(Mark Twain)

Offline Old Philosopher

• Belt Grinder
Reminds me of a grade school science question: "Which weighs more, a pound of lead, or a pound of feathers?"  :rofl:

It doesn't really matter if one stone has a greater volume than the other. The dang thing still weighs tons!

Offline xj35s

• Water Stone
  • If I go missing, carladerby at gmail for info.

It isn't about  mental power at all. It's about a frequency of sound from a speaker (Black Box) basically. I think...
pessimist complain about the wind. optimist expect the wind to change. realist adjusts the sails.

Offline Old Philosopher

• Belt Grinder

It isn't about  mental power at all. It's about a frequency of sound .... I think...
Yeah....and Gregorian Chants and Tibetan Temple music just came along 'cause it sounded cool...  :rolleyes:

And now we're back to frequencies...of sound, of energy, of crystals...and around and around we go.

Offline Unknown

• Water Stone
  • Alcholocost of Gibber-jabber
Look at that view count- dang good thread OP.

It appears to me that either the megalithic structures like pyramids are either much older than stated and methodology has never been known or the knowledge of who and how was purposely destroyed; not just that lost in burning/ destruction of ancient pagan libraries. Alexandria in 48, and many more continuing into the 400-500 AD era- which is still quite a long time ago- but maybe the last remaining tid bits were destroyed not so long ago. During the Reformation? Later: 1700-1917 time frame?
...don't go thinking you know me.
                                                  -Unknown

Offline Old Philosopher

• Belt Grinder
Look at that view count- dang good thread OP.

It appears to me that either the megalithic structures like pyramids are either much older than stated and methodology has never been known or the knowledge of who and how was purposely destroyed; not just that lost in burning/ destruction of ancient pagan libraries. Alexandria in 48, and many more continuing into the 400-500 AD era- which is still quite a long time ago- but maybe the last remaining tid bits were destroyed not so long ago. During the Reformation? Later: 1700-1917 time frame?
Egyptologists would be out of work, let alone embarrassed, if they acknowledged that the Sphinx was much older than the Giza pyramids, but geology says it's true.
And I agree with you 150% about ancient knowledge being purposefully destroyed, as you cited with the libraries in Alexandria.  Add to that the REALLY ancient knowledge lost when the ChiComs destroyed the temples and killed the monks in Tibet.  I could rant on indefinitely about the crimes against humanity perpetrated in the name of religion and ideology, right up to the current destruction in Iraq (Mesopotamia). 

Offline Nature Boy

• Whetstone +
  • NE Georgia
Been reading up and catching up on this thread. Been busy the past 6+ months with a new job (3rd shift) with better pay and better benefits, Betty's mom and sister with health issues and my own younger sister with her own health problems. When we get the time we try and go back to Betty's family homestead site located in a WMA about 30 miles from us.

We have documented a couple of these outings in the outing section. On our 2nd visit to the site we were looking around for some good level camp spots for us to set up for car camping. We're both starting to slow down now so a long hike into the hills is out of the question lol. While we were scouting about 50-75 feet from the logging style road (red GA clay and a handfull of gravel), Betty said she heard something that sounded like a big limb snapping in the distance. I joked at her that maybe sasquatch was wanting a Slim Jim. I picked up a hefty fallen limb and gave a big oak tree nearby a couple of wacks, just messing with her a little. About 30 seconds later we heard 3 very clear raps back in the distance. Betty and I have to admit myself got a little rattled and we went back to our van.

A month or so later we started 'gifting', we would bring some apples, oranges, sealed hard candy, a couple of beenie babies and some small brightly colored balls. We placed the 'gifts' at least 8 ft up in a couple of trees and checked back the next weekend. The fruit was gone, some empty candy wrappers, the beenies were still there but looked like they were picked up and put back, and one ball was in a gully about 20 ft away.

Since then were have tried cracker jacks put in an empty pnut butter jar. We checked about 2 weeks later found the jar empty...the lid screwd back on. Haven't seen any of the big fellas yet, but we just have a funny feeling while there, hard to explain the feeling but not scary. We have heard thumps and snaps in the thick woods in that area, but have not seen any tracks, although I did find an unusual big pile of poop in the area. Not bear poop either.

Got this off my chest, we ain't out hollering and tree whacking, just 'gifting'. Let the jokes begin...I'm a big boy and can take it, lol.

Proudly Jontok Bushy Approved!
God bless America.....again!! Old Foldin' Saw Fogey!

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
Nice to hear from you.   :thumbsup:
(Mark Twain)

Offline Moe M.

• Diamond Stone
Been reading up and catching up on this thread. Been busy the past 6+ months with a new job (3rd shift) with better pay and better benefits, Betty's mom and sister with health issues and my own younger sister with her own health problems. When we get the time we try and go back to Betty's family homestead site located in a WMA about 30 miles from us.

We have documented a couple of these outings in the outing section. On our 2nd visit to the site we were looking around for some good level camp spots for us to set up for car camping. We're both starting to slow down now so a long hike into the hills is out of the question lol. While we were scouting about 50-75 feet from the logging style road (red GA clay and a handfull of gravel), Betty said she heard something that sounded like a big limb snapping in the distance. I joked at her that maybe sasquatch was wanting a Slim Jim. I picked up a hefty fallen limb and gave a big oak tree nearby a couple of wacks, just messing with her a little. About 30 seconds later we heard 3 very clear raps back in the distance. Betty and I have to admit myself got a little rattled and we went back to our van.

A month or so later we started 'gifting', we would bring some apples, oranges, sealed hard candy, a couple of beenie babies and some small brightly colored balls. We placed the 'gifts' at least 8 ft up in a couple of trees and checked back the next weekend. The fruit was gone, some empty candy wrappers, the beenies were still there but looked like they were picked up and put back, and one ball was in a gully about 20 ft away.

Since then were have tried cracker jacks put in an empty pnut butter jar. We checked about 2 weeks later found the jar empty...the lid screwd back on. Haven't seen any of the big fellas yet, but we just have a funny feeling while there, hard to explain the feeling but not scary. We have heard thumps and snaps in the thick woods in that area, but have not seen any tracks, although I did find an unusual big pile of poop in the area. Not bear poop either.

Got this off my chest, we ain't out hollering and tree whacking, just 'gifting'. Let the jokes begin...I'm a big boy and can take it, lol.

You won't hear any laughter coming from me brother,  it takes a big man to share experiences that might be controversial,  you have my respect. 
In youth we learn,   with age we understand.

Offline Old Philosopher

• Belt Grinder

Try some sweet pastries. Testimony is, they like things like PBJ sandwiches, jelly doughnuts, cinnamon rolls, etc. Anything sweet they can't find easily in their environment.  A jelly doughnut is a lot more attractive than bustin' a bee hive, I would imagine.  8)

Offline Unknown

• Water Stone
  • Alcholocost of Gibber-jabber
And please post those coordinates
     Just in case I should be passing through. Also cheese danish and Old Fashion(glazed)
...don't go thinking you know me.
                                                  -Unknown

Offline Old Philosopher

• Belt Grinder
And please post those coordinates
     Just in case I should be passing through. Also cheese danish and Old Fashion(glazed)
:lol: Me, too! I'll have 2 chocolate covered, cream filled Bismarks to go, please!

But if anyone is interested in researching the topic of this "gifting", you find photos of stainless steel bowls (sans the aforementioned treats) with fingerprints on them.
The prints (in all legitimate cases) are unique in that the dermal ridges run perpendicular to the length of the print, rather than whorls, tents and arches as humans have.

Offline Nature Boy

• Whetstone +
  • NE Georgia
Going to try the stainless bowl idea when we can get back in the area. Closed off at the moment due to land/mud slides from all the rain we have gotten lately...also a few sink holes have popped up from listening to the local news of the area.
Proudly Jontok Bushy Approved!
God bless America.....again!! Old Foldin' Saw Fogey!

Offline Old Philosopher

• Belt Grinder
Going to try the stainless bowl idea when we can get back in the area. Closed off at the moment due to land/mud slides from all the rain we have gotten lately...also a few sink holes have popped up from listening to the local news of the area.
Glass containers/bowls will hold prints better than steel. I've seen some photos of prints on stainless steel, and some of the bowls used have pretty rough finishes. The smoother the surface, of course, the better chance to get prints that can be lifted.

Some powdered charcoal, talcum powder, an ulta soft makeup brush, and a roll of tape is all you need.  I'd suggest clear packing tape, since the prints may be wider than 3/4" Scotch tape. The tape needs to be clear, not frosted like most of the common tape you find.

Offline xj35s

• Water Stone
  • If I go missing, carladerby at gmail for info.
Just found this footage. Not sure what it is but sure looks like a young squatch...Live eagle nest cam capture.

http://esp.carbonmedia.com/t/d-l-nyhjiyd-plijhdjhy-i/
pessimist complain about the wind. optimist expect the wind to change. realist adjusts the sails.

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
It walks like a person dressed in a dark outfit.  Tentative jump in one scene is sign it is a  human. 
(Mark Twain)

Offline Old Philosopher

• Belt Grinder
Just found this footage. Not sure what it is but sure looks like a young squatch...Live eagle nest cam capture.

http://esp.carbonmedia.com/t/d-l-nyhjiyd-plijhdjhy-i/

It walks like a person dressed in a dark outfit.  Tentative jump in one scene is sign it is a  human. 

My long time buddy and I have hashed this over.  Even with all the logistical stuff to work out like where the nest/camera was, direction pointing. exact path needed to follow, etc., we're chalking this up to a random joke.  The body type is baggy, and for us the clincher was also the way the subject crossed that log. Not some agile woods land navigator.  Also, just before it comes to the log, it appears to look toward the camera and sort of shrug its shoulders as if to say, "I don't know if this is the right spot, or not."

Offline Phaedrus

• Whetstone +
Yeah, absolutely that's a person.  Tentative, out of shape, using one hand on a tree while stepping over a lot due to lack of strength and balance.  Doesn't even look like a gag, just a guy in a snowmobile suit or the like.  Bad image because cameras set to close up focus won't get great detail past their focal length.