Author Topic: British Spoon Man  (Read 1177 times)

Offline Binalith

• Water Stone
British Spoon Man
« on: February 07, 2014, 04:31:05 AM »
Hi everyone, haven't been around in awhile. Hope all is well. Thought you'd like this guy:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-22467510

Offline MnSportsman

• Diamond Stone
  • Just call me, JB, it is easier to type. ;)
Re: British Spoon Man
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2014, 04:47:43 AM »
   Lol, the first thing I thought of when reading the title was Kep & his blog. He hasn't been active here for a while , but last I checked his blog was still active.
:)

Anyway, Thanks for sharing the link! I am about to read the article & watch the video now.
I love being out in the woods!   I like this quote from Mors Kochanski - "The more you know, the less you carry". I believe in the same creed, & think  "Knowledge & honed skills" are the best things to carry with ya when you're out in the wilds. They're the ultimate "ultralight" gear! ;)

Offline MnSportsman

• Diamond Stone
  • Just call me, JB, it is easier to type. ;)
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2014, 07:46:49 AM »
   Well I just returned to comment. I think he has great skills in spoon carving from what I saw in the video & he seems to be liking his business, but there also appeared to be a touch of regret that by having the shop his life is more complicated than it was.

I was amazed to hear that he was getting between 12 -15 British pounds a spoon, also.($19-25 US) I would not have thought he would be able to get that much a spoon. But I figure he knows his value in that area. Must be a decent business to cover the overhead costs to maintain a shop.

Anyway, good for him!

Thanks for sharing the link!
:D
I love being out in the woods!   I like this quote from Mors Kochanski - "The more you know, the less you carry". I believe in the same creed, & think  "Knowledge & honed skills" are the best things to carry with ya when you're out in the wilds. They're the ultimate "ultralight" gear! ;)

Offline zammer

• Water Stone
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2014, 10:00:52 AM »
Always cool to see someone plying their craft....long live the spoon-man....thanks for the vid Binalith
"big fish like to live in bad places, that's how they get to be big fish"